Red Days alternatives for rice/noodles on red days

Squiggle82

I don't usually do red days but my mum bought me a massive bag of chicken fillets from m&s, and I don't seem to lose much on ee. So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for an alternative to rice/noodles when doing a stir fry as the syns are quite high for a small portion?

How about adding lots of beansprouts to the stir fry pan to bulk it out and then you won't need noodles or rice?

This what ive been having alot recently. couple of peppers chopped, an onion or leek finely chopped, a chilli finely chopped and mushrooms sliced. Cook the onions or leeks for a couple of mins in a wok and add the chilli and peppers then after a few minutes add the mushrooms. i also cook the chicken in another pan with spices like tikka,cajun,jerk,peri peri, bbq etc then when thats cooked throw it in with the veg give it a good mix and there you go a massive plate of food and no rice or noodles needed.

This what ive been having alot recently. couple of peppers chopped, an onion or leek finely chopped, a chilli finely chopped and mushrooms sliced. Cook the onions or leeks for a couple of mins in a wok and add the chilli and peppers then after a few minutes add the mushrooms. i also cook the chicken in another pan with spices like tikka,cajun,jerk,peri peri, bbq etc then when thats cooked throw it in with the veg give it a good mix and there you go a massive plate of food and no rice or noodles needed.

this sounds lovely - need to make it

Thanks! Some nice ideas. Im just not used to having no traditional.carbs with a meal. Something I will have to get used to! Starting with tea tonight :)

Back