2010 The Year for Change...My Weight Loss Diary

Hello fellow dieters! I have just collected my first pack of Cambridge Diet goodies. Tomorrow is my first day. I am apprehensive, but also excited. Its going to be a long road, but I want to find the strength to succeed. I really would like 2010 to be the year I lose weight, get healthier and get back some of my old va-va-voom! I know I can't do it on my own, so I am hoping to chat to some like minded folks on here.
Good Luck Everyone :gen147:

Good luck Sunflower. I'm looking forward to hearing about how well you're doing!

Good luck sun flower, my husband and i we just started yesterday, I'm finding it ok, but my husband he's not this time. I feel so sorry for him as he really want's to do this.

hope your first day is going well sunflower - xxx - good luck

Hello Sun Flower,

How's your first day been? I have restarted today and am doing ok so far. I think I'll go to bed early to stop me thinking about real food! The first time my hubby and I did the diet, I lost 3 and a half stone, he lost 4 and a half stone.

You sound like you are in the right frame of mind to stick to CD, so best of luck.

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement.

Day 1 almost over. Just trying a cup of peppermint tea before bed (how civilised) and it doesn't taste too bad. I've survived the 1st day and feeling really positive at the moment. I've tried the porridge (first mouthful thought no, but by the end of it thought it was ok - think it will grow on me), Banana shake, Thai Chilli Soup (yum) and Forest Fruits shake. As I am tall I am allowed 4 things a day. I'm already thinking about what I will have tomorrow and when (sad but true). I did stop for a second to look in the fridge when I was thinking about my children's lunch boxes for tomorrow, but shut the door quickly, made my tea and came upstairs to say hello on here, then off to bed.
My children are not this small anymore but love this smilie :family2:

hi.
just came across your post, and am wondering how you getting on, i started on the 18th January and have my first weigh in this tuesday coming. How have you been finding your first week ?

Laura

Hi,
I just started cd yesterday for the first time. Im doing ss+ and am really struggling already :-( Im sooo hungry!
Struggling a bit with the water too. Im doing 4 cd a day with 200ml milk, I am having 2 porridge, 1 shake and a bar per day although today I swapped my bar for some turkey and cabbage broth coz I just wanted to eat something. I just wondered does it get easier and when?
I am wanting to loose 40lb before beginning of May as I have been on the IVF rollercoaster for a couple of years and I have decided to try again in May but want to loose some of the weight I have put on over the last few years first.
Any advise to make this easier would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Good luck Sunflower on your journey :D If you ever need anything or any support please do not hesitate to contact me.. I have a diary here you are welcome to read so you can see my experiences..

Take Care xxx

Hi Leannie and thanks for posting on my thread. I am no expert but can only tell you how things are going for me. I am part way through my second week and I am doing sole source. I guess this means I must be well into Ketosis by now (haven't got any sticks to check with yet) and the truth is I don't feel hungry! That doesn't mean to say I don't miss food (or chewing at least) as I do. From next week I have to step up to 800 then 1000 calories as after that I am away for a special weekend and I want to be able to drink some alcohol, so I need to get myself out of Ketosis. It will be interesting to see how I feel after adding a little food, because if this throws me out of Ketosis I might start feeling hungry again. But all I can suggest is keep going. The hunger will pass. Make sure you drink lots of water as this will help too and avoid the dreaded constipation that some people talk about on here. How you getting on with the porridge? I have only tried the original (I hear there's a flavoured one?) but I just don't like it, I'd rather have a shake for breakfast. Make sure you try out lots of flavours as if you find ones you prefer that will make it more enjoyable. I haven't tried the bars yet - hope to get some this Thursday. What are they like? Any favourite flavours? Keep going, you have a wonderful reason to lose the weight! Take Care x:character00238:

Hi Laura

Sorry just realised I didn't respond to your post. How you getting on? I am doing fine. I am part way through my second week. My first weigh in was after only 5 days and I had lost 6lbs so pleased with that. If you see my other post to Leannie you will see that I have to step up to add a meal over next few weeks so I can have a weekend away. Shame the weekend has come up when I have only just got going but its an opportunity I want to take. I will try to be as good as I can and then back on to sole source straight after! Would love to know how you are getting on. Any flavours you would recommend? Bye for now. Jules x :)

Back