2010 was a good year for me because...

Spinoza

Never give up
For me it's because I gained control of my weight and my eating habits. Much more due to Atkins than to the VLCD where I lost most of my weight initially - is it weird/ungrateful to say that?

I've done the weight loss thing many times before, but as soon as I quit my diet, I just put the whole lot back on. I think low carb is the only way to go - I want to shout it from the rooftops! :D

And- this is the year when I got back to proper running, and ran my first half-marathon, of which I am inordinately proud. :D

Also a good year because I found Minimins and the cool people on this board. :D

May add more as it comes to me.

What has been good for the rest of you this year?

Congrats that's awesome :)

I began 2010 feeling powerless to do anything about my weight. I failed repeatedly on weight watchers, slimming world, calorie counting etc etc. It was a good year for me because I will (I need another 5 pounds in 2 weeks) lose over 5 stone! Not only that but I know that this diet is the solution for me. To go from feeling powerless to KNOWING that you will reach goal within the next 6 months - a year is such a great and powerful feeling.

Ditto your comments - being in control is an amazing feeling!

Also can't rave enough about you lot here, you have been great! :)

all i can say is echo to all of the above!

finally, after losing and regaining weight so many times in the past, i feel that this time i am in control, and that finally, finally, i am going to lose this bloody weight and keep it lost! and that makes me feel more in control of other areas, more confident, less feeble all round.
it's been a very tough financial year for us, but i think we are now getting it under control, still skint, but more organised about it if that makes sense.
and you lovely people here, what can i say that would explain? you know how important you are to the feeling of success !

2010 for me meant, finding atkins and being able to develop it for me.....
losing a LOT of weight (and putting a little on lol)
taking voluntary redundancy and actually getting paid what i deserve to be paid in a job where i am valued.
2011 will be all of the above WITHOUT the weight **Gain**

lol

For me it's because I gained control of my weight and my eating habits. Much more due to Atkins than to the VLCD where I lost most of my weight initially - is it weird/ungrateful to say that?

I've done the weight loss thing many times before, but as soon as I quit my diet, I just put the whole lot back on. I think low carb is the only way to go - I want to shout it from the rooftops! :D

And- this is the year when I got back to proper running, and ran my first half-marathon, of which I am inordinately proud. :D

Also a good year because I found Minimins and the cool people on this board. :D

May add more as it comes to me.

What has been good for the rest of you this year?

You could have written this for me you know? (apart from the half-marathon lol) I like to run but not *that* much :D

2010 was fab for me because I got the all important 5 year all clear and I got my job which I love love love

2011 will be a fab year because it is the year when I finally get the body I want - it's the final piece of the puzzle

xxx

Cheers, Hun

xxx

It's been a wobbly year that's for sure, but ended a lot better. It began with my mum's funeral, then I found you lot (;)) Had a horrendous op, Steve had a heart scare, made myself hypoglycemic, blew up on pasta.......then had a 100g baked potato yesterday to up my carbs & put on 7lbs, hahahahaha!

In general it's turned out fab. I'm learning what triggers my IBS & know this clean & green way makes me fell great. Oh, & Steve got his promotion.

Best of all I found YOU! Love ya all xxxx:D

I have lost 3stone (yey), 5 more to go; moved house and my autistic son`s behaviour has improved. l am finnally learning to drive (at 30). l feel calmer and stronger as a person x

what a nice thread. :)

Woohoo Daisy! Bring it on is right! :D

It's been a good year, My little Olivia arrived and I maintained well all year.

erm.... I got a new puppy ????

LOL Vicky that's always good news :)

Addendum to mine - realised I can go through a bad time and survive (with help from my friends, of course :D) - it's a good thing to learn about myself :)

Back