2012-My year to succeed.

localsteph

So, I start this year far more determined than ever! A good start that will hopefully continue long into the new year. I'm hoping posting on here will help me keep going.

So today I am doing well. I have been to the gym, got sw dinner cooking in the slow cooker and I am about to leave for my first sw class for a few years. Decided to pay for the 12 week countdown to motivate me further.

I'm dreading weighing in! :cry:Wish me luck!!

Thanks Sue!

Weigh in was a bit of a shock...my scales at home are kind! Oh, well let's update the stats and look ahead to losing more than I though I needed to.:sigh:

I am still feeling positive about it all though.

Hi, well done for making a decision to lose weight. I am sure you get to your goal soon staying positive.
I was thinking of joining a gym but I want to walk for at least 1/2 a day and do some exercises from youtube first to see how I get on.

That's a good idea. Probably best to see if you can stick to a routine of exercise otherwise it is money down the drain. I love it, when I keep it up. When I lose the routine, it can be months before I'll drag myself there (usually because my OH moans about wasting money). I surprised myself with how much I can still do without falling over! Good luck with your exercise.

Well, today has gone well. First day back at work for INSET day. Was full on an exhausting, but seeing everyone was good. I told them all about my humiliation on the scales last night, admitted out loud that it is the heaviest I've ever been.

Eating has gone really well - still getting my head around EE. Didn't have any breakfast because all I had was toast and didn't want to lose the chance to have a potato with dinner. Driving home, realised that potato is free on EE. DOH! Had lots of fruit and got jacket spud, haddock and roast veg cooking as I type.

Feeling very positive still. Got Zumba tomorrow too. Wonder if the positivity will last when the children come back? :p

Another day in and I am feeling good. Had jacket pot with beans for lunch and then stayed late at work to do the Zumba class that is held there. Now just about to eat an omlette. Also made a plan with a friend to go for a jog on Saturday morning. Also going to go the gym tomorrow or Friday depending on how much I ache after Zumba tomorrow. My motivation is sky high and I want to make the most of it! I'd better lose weight on Monday!

Started today feeling a bit stressed and angry about work so was wondering how well I'd do. Sure enough, by 10am I was "needing" a sugar hug! I managed to get away with having 1 jaffa cake though! Progress for me!:happy096:

At lunch time my new trainers arrived at work which then gave me a bit of a boost. Still planning to go jogging with my friend this Saturday - more motivated now as I want to try them out! I could have gone to the gym tonight but was mean to my OH last night :eek: and so feel like I need to make up by cooking and being kind. Also went to shops to buy lots of fruit and some more Jaffa cakes after finding out that they were 2 syns (Tesco value). Dinner is cooking (chicken legs with skin removed of course, homemade wedges and brussels and carrots) and I feel calm and relaxed again. :D

Well done you are doing great. I still hav enot got my head around EE and I don't know how it works properly as I don't go to group. However, I just heard that there will be a SW booklet with Saturday Mail so I am hopeing that gives me some guidance.

For EE you can have any free food but one third of your plate must be 'superfree'...online it's all the fruit and veg in orange. You are also only allowed 1 a and 1 b. Seems to get better results.

The comment about not having toast for breakfast because you want a potato...you can have toast on all plans as a B. Potatoes are free on green and EE.

Jillybean: I know...I said that I realised that as I was driving home. Should have probably been thinking about driving, but nevermind!

Feeling really good today. Very good feeling all day. Ate much more fruit than I would normally (hid some blueberries in my mullerlight) and...Been to the gym again!!!:eek:

Trying really hard not to give into buying any wine but another of my new year's resolutions was to only drink socially to not only cut down but help the diet and cashflow.

I'll treat myself to one of those indulgent options (cherry one-divine!) instead! Going for a jog tomorrow nice and early!

Ok. Smug me has been stabbed in the chest. 1st Saturday. Bad. Whole heap of bad. Eating and food has been fine. More than fine. I got it into my head that the 24 pack of Jaffa cakes had to go...so ate the lot! (not 24 the 8 I had left) Then got the taste for the Vodka in the freezer. So cross with myself and feeling really s**t. Although I was feeling really miserable earlier - so maybe what I needed. I need to keep to the fact that I have probably consumed over 1/2 the syns I was and I've done intensive exercise 4 times this week from nothing. I don't deserve it, but nurturing comments gratefully received! xx

Much better today. Straight back onto the straight and narrow. Thank goodness. Had weetbix with lots of strawbs for lunch (got up late and went straight out) and then had haddock, sw chips and lots of roast veg. Yummy! I had a sneeky peek on the scales and think I've lost! I really hope so. Weigh in tomorrow. I really want to change my stats and see my ticker moving along nicely!

hey dont be too hard on yourself over the Jaffa Cakes and Vodka. you sound like you have been doing brilliantly all week, and with all the excercise you've done i would'nt beat yourself up over it. you cant have done too much damage syn wise.
keep up the good work hun and don't get down hearted at a rough patch :)
x

Please dont worry about the jaffa cakes and vodka, you've still done so much good stuff this week that the little blip probably wont effect your weight loss too much! Just move on, learn from it and forget about it. Today is a new day :)

Good luck with your WI :D

Well...had my weigh in... 1 pound lost. What! Although learnt about star week this week which it is for me this week. Also been told that doing lots of exercise might mean that my muscles are holding onto water. Who knows. Going to really try hard again this week and see what happens.

Wow! Where did last week go?

Just had my WI today and have lost 2lbs. Pleased with it too as I haven't been on plan very well over last few days. Was looking like a 5lb loss but buggered it up this weekend. Don't really care though - I had a lovely time with lovely people which helped cheer me up when there is a whole load of poo going on.

Did get back in the zone yesterday. Made a slow cooker soup with just superfree foods which I am going to have at lunch times. Also made the syn free cake and lots of chicken casserole tonight. It's all moving in the right direction. Class was brilliant fun tonight - normal consultant back which made a big difference!

Back