2014 weight loss challenge

Oh yes, I know exactly what you mean. So easy for us to do damage. I've put 3.5lbs back on already! You going any where nice for your hols?

Thanks Upndown, finding it very hard today trying to stay on plan while bein on 'hol' :rolleyes:

Sounds like you will have a lovely few weeks away, enjoy it all! :) xx

Know what u mean about wanting to eat - and hols are a real test aren't they?

Can't remember if I've said here - but I'm thinking of trying to do the 5:2 diet whilst I'm on hols - but not confident I'll be able to do it!

Hi could someone please update the list for me I've lost 30.5 lbs in total thanks hope everyone is having a good week xx

Updated for Katsmad.

List as of 22nd July

Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 10.25lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 21.8lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 24lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 34.5lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 5lbs
CatA - pledged 57lbs - lost 1.4lbs
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 12lbs
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 31lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 15.25lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 30.5lbs
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 2 1/2lbs????
Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 29lbs
loulou129 - pledged 50lbs - lost 6.5lbs
Dolly Rocker - pledged 78lbs - lost 5lbs
Safia - pledged 60lbs - lost 10.8lbs
cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 26lbs
Cazdav22355 - pledged 42lbs - lost 22lbs
Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 14lbs
Believer77 -pledged 40lbs - lost 23lbs
MelonCollie -pledged 56lbs - lost 32.5lbs
Samprand - pledged 70lbs - lost 0lbs

Hi everyone - hope ur all enjoying good weather and the heat is helping with the diet but why to Magnums have too taste so good??

I sts this week - ok with that and a bit relieved tbh after a few wobbly days! Good luck to everyone else!

Know what u mean about wanting to eat - and hols are a real test aren't they?

Can't remember if I've said here - but I'm thinking of trying to do the 5:2 diet whilst I'm on hols - but not confident I'll be able to do it!

Oh yes, hols can be a test and a half. I blew it big time yesterday. Got to behave myself today though!

Yes I've read that you fancy doing the 5:2. I hope it goes really well for you. It's definitely not easy being away but we'll have to keep in mind that we don't want to undo all of our hard work eh?

Hi could someone please update the list for me I've lost 30.5 lbs in total thanks hope everyone is having a good week xx

Well done :)

Hi everyone - hope ur all enjoying good weather and the heat is helping with the diet but why to Magnums have too taste so good??

I sts this week - ok with that and a bit relieved tbh after a few wobbly days! Good luck to everyone else!

Glad you are ok with a sts this week.

Funnily enough I pointed a magnum yesterday cos I really fancied one - it was more points than my dinner :eek:

Could someone update me to 12.75 lost please?

Hi everyone,

before I say anything else I'd just like to thank each and everyone of you for your kind words and messages a couple of weeks ago when I decided I needed time away from here. Even though I knew a break was right for me it has been great knowing that there was such a supportive group of people out there.

I'm not sure I'm in a great place right now with regards my attitude and feelings towards my weightloss but I'm certainly in a better place than I was a couple of weeks ago. I gave myself a two week break from dieting, put on 2lbs but in this past week have lost those as I got my head back in the game. As such my details are correct I've lost 12lbs since I started posting on here, 19lbs since I started trying to lose weight in November last year and I still aim to get to my target of 30lbs off.

I've been reading some of the posts from whilst I've been away and the comments about how it's often all the other stuff going on in our lives that impacts on our eating and so we should post about them on here if we feel the need rather than it always being about what we eat, or in most cases what we're doing our dammed hardest not to eat!

In the time I've had away from here I've done a lot of thinking about my life and what I need to achieve to be happy. I have an amazing boyfriend and he does make me incredibly happy but like many people we're working hard and yet often feel like there is just always another bill to pay. We're trying to save to get engaged and married and buy a house and I realised I wasn't being honest with him or myself about how much pressure I was feeling about money management. We spoke about it and whilst there are no magic fixes just saying things out loud made me feel so much better it was like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders (shame it didn't have a impact on my WI! :) )

I'm still worried that I'll keep bobbing around the 16st 3lb mark and that I'll never hit the 15s but I worry about it less and hopefully that can only have a positive effect on my attitude. I think people have said before how obsessed we can get with numbers, my target of hitting 2 stone lost had become all consuming. Now I'm trying to think less about the big picture and just take each week as it comes.

Sorry for my ramblings but I think I needed to get it all out on here to keep moving forward.
Cat

Could someone update me to 12.75 lost please?

Well done Autumn :)

List as of 23rd July

Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 12.75lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 21.8lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 24lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 34.5lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 5lbs
CatA - pledged 57lbs - lost 1.4lbs
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 12lbs
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 31lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 15.25lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 30.5lbs
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 2 1/2lbs????
Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 29lbs
loulou129 - pledged 50lbs - lost 6.5lbs
Dolly Rocker - pledged 78lbs - lost 5lbs
Safia - pledged 60lbs - lost 10.8lbs
cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 26lbs
Cazdav22355 - pledged 42lbs - lost 22lbs
Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 14lbs
Believer77 -pledged 40lbs - lost 23lbs
MelonCollie -pledged 56lbs - lost 32.5lbs
Samprand - pledged 70lbs - lost 0lbs

Hi everyone,

before I say anything else I'd just like to thank each and everyone of you for your kind words and messages a couple of weeks ago when I decided I needed time away from here. Even though I knew a break was right for me it has been great knowing that there was such a supportive group of people out there.

I'm not sure I'm in a great place right now with regards my attitude and feelings towards my weightloss but I'm certainly in a better place than I was a couple of weeks ago. I gave myself a two week break from dieting, put on 2lbs but in this past week have lost those as I got my head back in the game. As such my details are correct I've lost 12lbs since I started posting on here, 19lbs since I started trying to lose weight in November last year and I still aim to get to my target of 30lbs off.

I've been reading some of the posts from whilst I've been away and the comments about how it's often all the other stuff going on in our lives that impacts on our eating and so we should post about them on here if we feel the need rather than it always being about what we eat, or in most cases what we're doing our dammed hardest not to eat!

In the time I've had away from here I've done a lot of thinking about my life and what I need to achieve to be happy. I have an amazing boyfriend and he does make me incredibly happy but like many people we're working hard and yet often feel like there is just always another bill to pay. We're trying to save to get engaged and married and buy a house and I realised I wasn't being honest with him or myself about how much pressure I was feeling about money management. We spoke about it and whilst there are no magic fixes just saying things out loud made me feel so much better it was like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders (shame it didn't have a impact on my WI! :) )

I'm still worried that I'll keep bobbing around the 16st 3lb mark and that I'll never hit the 15s but I worry about it less and hopefully that can only have a positive effect on my attitude. I think people have said before how obsessed we can get with numbers, my target of hitting 2 stone lost had become all consuming. Now I'm trying to think less about the big picture and just take each week as it comes.

Sorry for my ramblings but I think I needed to get it all out on here to keep moving forward.
Cat

Hey Cat, you seem to have come back with a great attitude! Yes, it does help to talk about stuff as things that go on in our lives definitely has an effect on what we eat. I really hope that your new attitude towards losing weight will help you to achieve your goal.

Good to see you back :) xx

Well done on losses!!

Welcome back KentCat. I totally agree what happens in our lives really affects my eating.

I had an interview yesterday for a job and just got the call to say I didn't get it from the agency. However I am HAPPY! She also said that the job I previously interviewed for that I just missed out on as I couldn't do temp to perm at time straight away (I was in perm work at time so notice period) has heard that I am now available for temp to perm as not working....and they want me! They are waiting for current person in position to return from a hol before they sort out letting her know that they won't be taking her on permanently and I could be starting in the next few weeks maybe!

Well done on losses!!

Welcome back KentCat. I totally agree what happens in our lives really affects my eating.

I had an interview yesterday for a job and just got the call to say I didn't get it from the agency. However I am HAPPY! She also said that the job I previously interviewed for that I just missed out on as I couldn't do temp to perm at time straight away (I was in perm work at time so notice period) has heard that I am now available for temp to perm as not working....and they want me! They are waiting for current person in position to return from a hol before they sort out letting her know that they won't be taking her on permanently and I could be starting in the next few weeks maybe!

That's good news - well done!

Oh yes, hols can be a test and a half. I blew it big time yesterday. Got to behave myself today though!

Yes I've read that you fancy doing the 5:2. I hope it goes really well for you. It's definitely not easy being away but we'll have to keep in mind that we don't want to undo all of our hard work eh?

Well done :)

Glad you are ok with a sts this week.

Funnily enough I pointed a magnum yesterday cos I really fancied one - it was more points than my dinner :eek:

Hi - ur doing well to carry on counting whilst ur on hols but it's hard isn't it? But not so hard as facing a big gain after not counting!! I'm getting worked up about it and I've got a week b4 we go!! I obsessed with this dieting lark!! Hope ur enjoying urself - the weather's great isn't it?

Hi everyone,

Cat

Hi good to see u back - glad too that u've been able to talk to ur partner about money management - as u say ur both working hard but have some big plans to save for as well as the everyday stuff - but good that ur in such a strong relationship.

U did well to only gain 2lbs - and I'm sure if u keep posting that u'll get to ur target - good luck xx

Hi another 1.5 off bringing my total to 32 lbs gone ! So pleased set my target in group today and I'm 0.5 under would love to loose another 2.5 which is my lowest end of target to give me 6lbs to play with while on holiday . I'm happy hanging around this weight range at the moment during the summer with children home well my youngest 17 she likes going on days out with me still so don't want to be to restricted ! Also I don't have to pay for group and won't have to pay double if I can't get there cause I've got other things on . In September I'll see how I feel but still want to get the 42lb off by end of year which would make me under 10.7 which is my idea goal . Will continue updating have a good week xxx :)

Hi another 1.5 off bringing my total to 32 lbs gone ! So pleased set my target in group today and I'm 0.5 under would love to loose another 2.5 which is my lowest end of target to give me 6lbs to play with while on holiday . I'm happy hanging around this weight range at the moment during the summer with children home well my youngest 17 she likes going on days out with me still so don't want to be to restricted ! Also I don't have to pay for group and won't have to pay double if I can't get there cause I've got other things on . In September I'll see how I feel but still want to get the 42lb off by end of year which would make me under 10.7 which is my idea goal . Will continue updating have a good week xxx :)

Well done - that's great - and u've got a good plan for target too!

Thank you upndown feeling more focused this time around having a plan really helps :) x

Back