Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Ive sent a click and collect order to Tesco. I find them very expensive towards lidl and aldi but am not happy shopping now, its such a bother. So ive ordered lots of veg including cucumber (im sorry i didnt plant any) and avocado. I have lots of kale growing now so plan on some smoothies with kale, avocado, cucumber and coconut milk

Wow what a fab catch up - and i think it's great news about your new job! Of course you'll miss the interaction with your work friends but this has got to be what works best for you - and no commute sounds like a no brainer to me!

Love that we'll be following a similar LC/IF plan, I can take my inspiration from you (as I'm about 10 times your size :D). You'll get the extra weight off hun, we're all here shouting you on xx

Thanks so much all, the support is really needed.
Im just in from a 2km walk, probably the first in 3 weeks and i felt every bit of it. I could actually feel how big i am and felt it was more of a waddle than a walk. It was uphill going out so pushed myself a bit as i knew the downhill coming back would be easier. I picked up the pace a bit coming back.

Food today was healthy and wholesome but not perfect.
Breakfast was at 8am and was 2 scrambled eggs with buttered sourdough bread. Lunch was the soup and meatballs cooked with onions and courgettes and brown soda bread toasted and two pieces dark chocolate. Dinner at 6 was more meatballs, a pancake with courgettes and cheese and some salad leaves. Then i had a pack of popcorn, i dont really know why. Ive had lots of herbal tea and water.
Tomorrows meals will be similar as i have soup, meatballs and a pancake left. Will try to wait until 11am.and have a berry and nut smoothie

Well massive fail again. For numerous reasons ive had a very emotional week and havent had the energy to motivate myself or make any effort to eat anything other than sandwiches and crisps and wine.
Anyway making an effort again and will update you all tomorrow or Friday

Ok back, well as i said it was a bad week with lots of various things and changes happening.
My hip is very bad again and ive contacted my consultant for an injection again but there is an 8 weel waiting list. The private hospitals had been taken over ny the HSE and have only been handed back, so a waiting list. Im in a viscous circle, the weight is causing strain on my hip, the hip pain is preventing me from exercising. And the lack of exercise is causing issues now in all joints and muscles.
I went for a short and slow 2km walk this morning and it wasnt easy.
Anyway, enough moaning and just need to sort it.
Weight still hovering st 86kg.
Yesterday breakfast was a smoothie at 9am of cucumber, avocado, lettuce and ginger. Lunch at 12 was 2 egg omlette with goats cheese and chorizo, 1/2 avocado, veg soup, salad leaves and 2 cracottes with butter. Dinner was baked breaded cod, salad leaves and courgettes. I had 2 squares of dark chocolate and 2 digestives through the day.

Today ive just finished another green smoothie, same as yesterday but spinach instead of lettuce.
Food for the rest of the day already prepared. Ive made my favourite summer soup, courgette mint and ginger. Ive roasted a chicken with lots of herbs and garlic and ive made a bowl of coleslaw. Have salad leaves and half an avocado too so not sure what will be eaten for each meal.
BUT my annual leave starts at 4pm, im off then until 4th August and i really want to celebrate by having some wine or even bubbles. And the local sourdough bakery van has just passed by, that means she has just madeva delivery to the local shop🤔

Meals sound lovely - but what a pain (literally) about your hip! Did they check for arthritis?
Susie, its Bursitis, so inflammation in the exterior joint of the hip. A cortisone injection will sort it out. The last was in October and has got me this far.

Im in clearance for it, so reference checks, health checks and Garda clearance all being processed currently

So trying to remember food for yesterday. So the smoothie for breakfast and lunch was roast chicken, coleslaw, salad leaves, half avocado and 2 cracottes with butter. The at 5pm i had chicken and coleslaw in a small roll with some home made chutney. I had about 4 glasses of wine, pack crisps and some cheese.

So bad news and maybe goodish news depending. I need health clearance for the new job and spoke to the nurse on Monday about it. Got an email last night saying they are concerned about my hip so sending me to their doctor.
So, I might not get the job.
But, my hip will be seen quicker.

Hmmmm

I suppose that is good you will be seen quicker but will your hip problem interfere with your job? Do you need to stand or walk all day?

Do you think not being able to stick to plan is an old age thing? I was always motivated but over the last year I can't seem to do a lot.
I start off with good intentions then a couple of days later feel like why do I need to bother.

I need a magic keep going pill. :)

Oh yes sign me up for a lifetime's supply of those pills too please!

Well at least you'll get seen more quickly, which is a plus, because that needed to happen anyway - and perhaps they will be happy to accept your issue once they know you're getting treatment for it?

No standing or walking, the opposite i will be sitting at a desk all day. They need to make sure that doing that wont be an issue before I start.
I think lockdown has caused my loss of motivation. I thought it would be the opposite that being at home would mean id have the time to look after myself and exercise. But working from home has been very difficult and a total drain. And the gang in the house seem to think i should be available to them all the time

I love working fro,m home but it is much harder than being in the office - I tend to work longer hours and not take proper breaks, either.

I agree totally susie, i get paranoid about leaving my desk at all, even just to make tea to bring back to my desk.

Food today was a light smoothie of cucumber, blueberries and coconut milk at 10am. Then at about 11.30 had a two egg omlette with goats cheese and chorizo with salad greens and the courgette, ginger and mint soup. 3pm i had 3 cracottes with cheddar and chutney.
I made a courgette relish anf for dinnner had that with baked breaded fish and salad greens. And have just had 2 squares of dark chocolate. Am drinking sparkling water now with lime and mint, virgin mojito.
The relish and chutney are both homemadr and did have sugar in them.
I havent gone for a walk, ive been doing housekeeping all day so resting my hip now.

In bed now and had no wine and lots of water

It must be hard for you with so many around all the time. Try and get a walk in just for 20 mins before you start work.

Well done on getting through the day with no wine. You will feel better for it.:)

Back