Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Thanks Mary, just been out for a short walk now, a slow 2km. Have a busy day ahead of cooking and cleaning as we have a birthday and christening tomorrow.
And joy of joys, i get my hair done today. Colour, cut and restyle, so happy.

Smoothie made for breakfast. Half and avocado, half a cucumber, some kale, ginger, mint and coconut milk.

Just out of the shower and getting dressed and then off to tje hairdresser.
Had the smoothie about 11 while working in the kitchen then lunch 12.30 was more of the courgette soup and a burger in a lettuce wrap with courgette salsa. The 2 digestives.

Hope you enjoyed your hairdressing appointment, I can't get in to see mine until the end of August!

I love the sound of the cucumber, berry, coconut milk smoothie, might try that this week.

Good luck for tomorrow, another busy day!

Yep, hair all done now. So just need to start wearing a bra again and clothes with waistbands and will no longer be a feral human😜
Had good food and wine yesterday and its back on the wagon today and hopefully a straight run to the weekend.
Im off for the week now and trying to get the house clean. Ive 3 rooms done and 2 more on my list of have to do. Im also hoping to go out for a day or 2. And need to get properly walking and maybe even cycling.

Someone was talking about a motivation pill to keep us all on track, Mary and Susie I think. Anyway, i dont have a pill but i do remember using Bach flower remedies are year or so ago. Everyone has heard of Rescue Remedy but there are many other individual remedies that you can combine to make a customised remedy for yourself. Ive have some here so am going to dig my book out again and see what i can come up with for motivation.

I so need to go and get my hair cut but don't want to go into town.:(

Let me know if you find the magic potion/pill to get us back on it.:)

Im lucky Mary, my hairdresser has a salon set up in his own home so no mixing with other people at all.

I had a "Doh" moment with kale. I have kale growing in the garden, Cavalo Nero the black tuscan kale. I planted it with the intention of eating it early spring as it is sweeter after the frost and also not many other greens around. Anyway, ive been trying to have a healthy green smoothie for breakfast and my spinach isnt growing quick enough. Where i planted the kale i also planted sunflowers and they seem to be smoothering some of the kale. So it just occured to me, just pick it and eat it. So its in my green smoothie now.
Ive also spent an hour in the kitchen. Ive made a keto ish lasagne using courgette and aubergine instead of pasta.
Ive also made soup, not quite a minestrone cos it has no starch in it and not quite a ribollita as it has no beans. So homemade chicken stock with onions, carrots, leeks, courgette, kale and garden herbs. And lots of garlic, looking forward to having it for lunch, or maybe even now😉

Meals today so far. Green smoothie at 10.30am with avocado, kale, cucumber, ginger and coconut milk. Then i had 2 bowls of the soup. 1.30pm i had some of the lasagne and then tea with 2 digestives.

Dinner at 7pm was more lasagne and more soup. Then tea and 1 digestive. Lots of water too.

Argh, its so frustrating. It seems that excesses take a day with me before they show on the scales. So even though i was on plan yesterday and drank lots of water i am heavier today. I know daily weighing is not a true reflection but i like to see a little downward movement to keep me motivated

Im going out with the two little boys to the local forest. So have had a green smoothie and the final bowl of soup as i need something warm. Have lunch packed, sausages, peppers and halloumi and some salad. Packing water and tea too but need to majorly cut down in liquids as no bathroom in the forest and as it is im peeing more than every hour.
Hopefully will be able for some walking when i get there.

No big tree, well lots of big trees but impossible to hide with 2 boys, a buggy and a dog. We had a lovely day out. The forest does have bathroom but close due to C19. It also has a special needs walkway which is perfect for the buggy. Lots of people out wirh dogs and children so my gang were happy. The kids could chat with each other without getting too close. A walk, well more of a wander, through the woods. Then we had a picnic then they all played in a grassy area and had fun. After 3 hours away from home I was dying for a pee and Oscar said he needed a poo. So we made a plan, we would go home, a 30 minute drive, and use the bathroom. Get swimming things and go to the lake which is less than 10 minutes away. So we did. It was freezing at the lake but the boys brought toys and just splashed at the edge of the water. Home by 5.30 and ready for bed.
Food had the smoothie and soup and crackers at 10.30am. Lunch in the woods was the sausage, peppers and halloumi stir fry but only had some and had a pack of crisps. Then for dinner i had some of the no pasta lasagne and salad leaves. But then i had wine and a slice of sourdough.
Plan for today is lots of water.

Speaking of water i watched Zac Efrons Down to Earth. I thought it was going to be a travel programme and while it was it focussed on food and the earth and our interaction with it. He hosts it with Darin Olien, a nutritionist and superfood guy. Anyway episode 2 was all about water and they spoke first to a water expert who said you shoul never drink purified water. That when water has all the minerals taken out and you drink it, that it then leeches all the minerals from your body. And this can cause health problems, it was interesting and makes me wonder about all the tap water i am drinking and the supplements i am taking.
I do remember one time in the middle of France buying a regular 500ml water in a shop. I took a taste and spat it out saying it tasted like milk (i dont like milk) and been told that yes the local spring was full of calcium.
Anyway, something to think about.

I'd like to see the Zac Ephron thing, it's getting great reviews, but got rid of Netflix - so please feel free to review it here :).

Your day out sounds brilliant - and everyone was happy, which must be a good feeling :D.

Some of the episodes much more interesting tham others.
Today i am tackling cleaning the utility room. So ive the larder shelves sorted, now i need to sort out all the stuff we just throw in and then the freezer.
Had a green smoothie at 10.30am, i thought yesterday's smoothie looked less green than normal. I was right i had forgotten to put the kale in. Lunch just now was the leftover sausage, pepper and halloumi from yesterday and a two egg omlette with asparagus and chorizo and some salad greens. Ive made asparagus soup with the stalks and off now to blitz it.

I also had tea and 2 mince pies, i made them for the weekend and they were leftover and i really didnt want to throw them out. I dont add sugar to the pastry and the mincemeat was homemade too so natural fruit sugar and flour were the carbs. Not a carb free day but not the worst either.
Utility room is finiahed so im going out to the polytunnel for a while before dinner. Ive to sow parsley and basil seeds. I git somw cucumber seeds too, a but late in the year but im going to chance 4 plants and see and will still have the rest of the packet for next year.

Dinner was some fish goujons, half a mashed avocado and some salad greens. Then a digestive with tea.
Im thinking of going out tomorrow and going to Dublin to Ikea and also to a garden centre. I want to buy a plum tree. We have 2 already, a damson and a greengage. I want to get a victoria plum. Just want small stuff from ikea like jars, food bags, smelly candles. But would also like a large rug for the dining room but can never find one big enough, it needs to be 4m long. I also as usual want some plant pots and maybe a plant stand.
If the weather is dull i will go, if its sunny i will stay put as ive a huge amount of weeding to do.

Morning, well its pissing out so im off to ikea. Just having tea before hoping into the shower.
I have my green smoothie made and will bring some water and tea with me. Its a 2.5 to 3 hour trip but will stop at a service station to use a bathroom and bathrooms in Ikea. Ive disinfectant wipes and handsantiser with me.
Not going to be able to stay on plan today. I have nothing prepared fir lunch and nothing easy i can bring with me. The cafe in ikea is closed but the snack bar is open which is just chips, hot dogs and ice cream. I might pick up a wrap at the service station

Back