Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Morning all, ive to do the school run with daughter and then its a lying down day. I got an injection in hip yesterday and cant move it now. The injection is for the bursitis and it hurts for a few days before it starts to take effect. So he confirmed that i do also have a tear in the muscle surrounding the ball and socket joint and a cyst at that site. But he doesnt seem to think that there is a treatment for that. And that down the line that may lead to a hip replacement. Bit pissed at that really. I seem to have gone from one extreme of a doctor to another. One who just deals with athletes to one who does elderly hip replacements. I need one that is somewhere in the middle🤔

Sorry to hear about your hip troubles - it does sound like they are a bit all over the place with what they are saying is wrong which must be frustrating. I suppose it's good to know that a hip replacement might be required in future so you can be on top of it - could they not do something about the cyst if not the muscle?

It's not nice when one Dr says something and another says something else. You never know who is right.:rolleyes:

Hope you can get your hip sorted out without having to have an op on it.

How are you feeling today?

Back to normal now with hip thankfully. So need to get back walking and exercising now with it.
Ive 2 weeks left before i go back to work and had actually planned on booking a few days away somewhere for myself today. But now it looks like we might be going into full lockdown again :eek:

Yep, looks like full lockdown from midnight tommorow, so annoying. But i think its more important to shut pubs and restaurants down and keep the schools open.
Got some indoor housework to do and then some work to do it the polytunnel. Ive got spring bulbs to plant.

Morning, feeling very wintery. Its time to get up but is still dark out.
Today plans are to go for a short walk. Then ive found some exercises on youtube specifically designed for my hip issue so need to find a resitance band and do them and maybe some yoga stretches. A bit of cooking to do, maybe a green soup. And then its clean the diningroom day and decorate for Halloween.
Whole country gone to level 3 lockdown so not as bad as we thought

That is good no full lockdown. :)

It was lovely out at 4.30 am when walking to work. The moon was out and plenty of stars to see. Then when I went to leave work it poured down. Looks like another wet and cold day. :(

Was raining most of yesterday. Got the dining room sorted for halloween (also Oscars birthday) and the bedroom done too, i got new bedlinen. Never got the stretching exercises done as ended up having to do school run when i came back from my walk.

Hi all, well nothing happening here at all. I havent even been trying. The world feels like its Groundhog day, same old same old every day.
I need a good old kick up the @rse to get me started.

Ok, just weighed in and im atb86 7kg. Much too much to be carrying around and very bad for my health. Sleeping is difficult as my fat neck is choking me. And im too hot all the time.
I have this week to sort myself out as im off so want to plan meals and shopping and routine.
Weather is quite dull so going to have lots of soup this week. Having soup and crackers now. I had leftover chilli mince and rice so threw that in a pot with chicken stock, onions, carrot and cabbage. Its a sort of goulash soup.
Ive some work to do in the polytunnel today. I also need a baking day this week

Had more soup and crackers for lunch. Ivecalso hadva turmeric latte made with coconut milk, trying to see will it help reduce inflamation

Had a short 2km slow walk with the dog. Did some work in the polytunnel and also got my sewing machine out and did some sewing. I have lots of projects half done and got one finished today, a set of 4 Christmas table mats.
Having some chicken goujons for dinner and fried courgettes, the last 3 now from the polytunnel

Just dropping in to say yum as usual to your food - i always read coconut milk and goujons and start drooling :D.

Sorry to hear about the varying medical opinions on your hip though! but at least you're getting relief from it with the injection now, so that's good - you just have to listen to the warning signs and rest it when you can missy!

Yes, your right Susie, i do listen to my body... But i dont have to approve of what its saying, 😕😂
Trying to decide what soup to make, i think there is a roast chicken carcass left with some meat on it, if so its chicken noodle soup, i have some skinny noodles in the press. If not we have frozen brocolli colli in the fridge so brocolli and cheddar soup.
Ive adapted my smoothies to become more a juice, so cucumber spinach and mint, maybe with some coconut milk or maybe just water. I add my vitamins to it, im taking glucosimine, magnesium and b complex. Im having lots of morning herbal tea and the that juice mix and then could have lots of soup about 11.30, possibly with crackers/ham/egg and it becomes early lunch. Then dinner 5 or 6ish and thats me done.
Now that the nights are getting dark and cold i need to find something to occupy my hands and mind in the evenings rather than food or wine. So sewing machine is out and i also like hand sewing little decorations but that is much more a daylight thing. So will have to get knitting again, i dont need to look at what im doing there once i get started.
Debating getting up for a walk, it looks cold out.

Brrr i'd say stay indoors and keep nice and warm!

Re evening hobbies, a friend of mine has recently started crocheting, and is buisy doing squares to sew together into a baby blanket - the pics look amazing - does that appeal?

Re evening hobbies, a friend of mine has recently started crocheting, and is buisy doing squares to sew together into a baby blanket - the pics look amazing - does that appeal?

I have crochetlexia😅. Ive spent so long knitting that i find crochet difficult. Ive been sewing little xmas gnomes and daughter one has said they look just like the ikea ones. I didnt even know ikea had any.
Doing ok-ish. Had 2 meals again today. And made amazing cauliflower. Cut a big steak of cauliflower and cooked it slowly on a pan with butter, it tasted really nutty and nice.

Morning, still dark out so not up yet.
Im doing ok with meals but still having biscuits and chocolate so need to cut that.
Yesterday was
9am cucumber, spinach and mint juice/smoothie
10am broccolli and cauliflower soup sprinkled with cheddar, 3 craccottes with butter and ham
2 shortbread fingers
12pm 4 squares chocolate
2pm turmeric latte made with coconut milk
4.30pm breaded baked cod, cauliflower steak, 1/2 mashed avocado, 2 shirtbread fingers
10pm 4 squares chocolate

II had no wine monday or tuesdsy but did on Wednesday. None yesterday.
I went for a wander rather than a walk with Oscar yesterday. He likes to go on adventure walks so we put on wellies and find a field with a gate open. We only went about 2km but were gone for an hour
Today ive to do the school run and then a small bit of shopping. Ive also to stop at the chemist for my thyroid and cholesterol prescription. I called GP for them yesterday and was reminded its time for blood tests again😒. So need to get me sorted over next 4 weeks to improve those results

Back