20lbs in 10 weeks - here goes!

zoerunsfaster

11 weeks til Christmas and 10 weeks til I go skiing. I'm a stone heavier and significantly less fit than is time last year, and I've been falling off every diet known to man this year. Time to look at the bigger picture - let's face it, most diets work if you stick to them, but if you do what I've been doing - sticking to one for a few days, then giving up and eating everything in sight, it's a recipe for disaster!

So, I don't care what diet I'm on, but I'm going to lose 2 lbs a week for the next ten weeks, and reverse this weight gain.

I'm starting with 10 lbs in 10 days by Jackie Warner. It's basically a healthy eating, calorie counting plan. It starts off quite strict - 950 cals a day for ten days, then move up to 1200 for ten days, them 1500 for the next ten. Then on to maintenance.

I'm feeling motivated even if the first bit is going to be tough!

Start weight: 12.7

Day 1:

Exercise - t25 alpha lower body (25 mins)
water - 3 litres

B - 60g porridge, half a grapefruit, 1 Brazil nut black coffee
s - apple, 4 almonds, 4 hazelnuts
l - 2 slices wholemeal bread, raw spinach, 1/4 avocado, 1 egg, 1 tsp mustard, coffee with a splash of milk
s - celery with almond butter
t - chicken breast, broccoli, 3 new potatoes

I wasn't supposed to have the egg with lunch but wanted a little more protein, so I think I'm at about 1000 cals. It's half seven, and I'm not hungry, but the danger time is yet to come!

Back