21 Ibs gone .. but ...

Millij

Well, i've now lost a grand total of 21 Ibs in 5 weeks and I am SOOOOO chuffed .... however, typical of me, I blew it 3 days on the trot and now i feel so ruddy angry with myself and so bloated. Why did i do it?!! I know full well I cant stop eating once i start :sigh: I am trying to get in the mindset that all i've done is put myself back a week or so in the grand scheme of things and that I WILL do this!! :cry:

Mil... I know how bad you must be feeling. Been there, done that... a million times. But you know what? You CAN stop. You can take control, and that's one of the things CD can help give you time to work on. It was a real light bulb moment for me to work that out, after my last major binge at Xmas... CD is a great weight-loss diet, sure, but it also gives you the tools to sort the reasons behind your over eating. Since then I've been trying to work out why I self sabotage & how I can stop it. It's baby steps, but things are improving, very slowly.
There is help & support on the forums for this... maybe your lapse could be a turning point?
Good luck honey,
xxx

Well, i've now lost a grand total of 21 Ibs in 5 weeks and I am SOOOOO chuffed .... however, typical of me, I blew it 3 days on the trot and now i feel so ruddy angry with myself and so bloated. Why did i do it?!! I know full well I cant stop eating once i start :sigh: I am trying to get in the mindset that all i've done is put myself back a week or so in the grand scheme of things and that I WILL do this!! :cry:

Katy is right - we've all done it and if you need support you are in the right place.

You will do it, you can do it, you have done it - look at your previous weight loss - brilliant!

xxx

Have a look at your old pictures and remind yourself that you don't want to be like that anymore.
Whatever you do dont give up ... 3 days wont make you put the weight back on ... just restart and look forward.
Well done on the weight loss already ... it makes me feel more positive because i have 6 weeks to loose 23-ish lbs

C'mon Mill....look at how well you've done ...whats happened is a blip...you can't undo it ...all you can do is move forwards ...leaving it behind ...

as I read in someone's signature recently ...

dont look back - it isnt the way you're travelling! :D

Clamber back on the wagon, no backwards glance - proceed forward to goal!!! ;)

debs xx

Deep breaths...you have to ask yourself why you did it...was it stress...a trigger...were you hungry? Thirsty? Do you have trigger times? It is not the end of it and you are not a failure, diets and vlcds epsecially are very very difficult. Take each day as new and go from there. Take it hour by hour if you have to.

You've done really well losing 21 pounds...you know what your goals are...think of how far you've come and how far you want to go...chin up and off you go, little steps...you WILL do it...

as the song goes, "pick yourself up, dust yourself down, and start all over again!".

There is no point in beating yourself up about it, accept that it has happened and get back onto the diet, if you don't do that, you will look for reasons to have a "break".

I football we used to say "sprint that first ten yards", so why not focus on really sticking to the diet for the next 7 days... remember what confucius said...

You're all brilliant - thanks so much for your words, it really helped.

I eat because I love nice food, plain and simple but I realise now that I will never be able to stop eating food when 'normal' people stop eating!! I will always have a problem with food :sigh:

The good news is that I am back on the wagon but I feel very stupid for sabotaging my (so far) great weight loss - and for what?!! Was is worth it? Absolutely not! All i've done is brought my ambition to get into size 14 jeans to a halt when I could have been a few pounds nearer to acheiving it ... what a wally! :( I feel really down :break_diet:

Back