Extra Easy 220 Day Countdown To Disneyland!

Hi Guys!

So it's officially 220 days (bit OCD about even numbers!) until I travel to Disneyland Paris. Need to fit this wide-load bottom half on the rides and hopefully avoid that ever-embarrassing walk of shame when the safety restraints/seats aren't big enough!

I have done the Slimming World diet twice in the past. The first time with moderate success (lost 4.5 stone) with the help of a little sibling rivalry thrown in to keep the momentum going! A combination of the Christmas period and the loss of the rivalry saw that attempt fizzle out and the weight has crept back on, plus far too much more.

This time I've come to the decision to "go it alone" and am going to post my food diary everyday to keep myself accountable to someone at least and maybe get some pointers along the way!

Wish me luck!!!

Welcome oLISAoMARIEo:)

4.5 stone off before with SW tells me it worked well for you and I am sure it will again, especially with the motivation of a wonderful holiday.

Wishing you good luck on your Slimming World journey.

Welcome oLISAoMARIEo:)

4.5 stone off before with SW tells me it worked well for you and I am sure it will again, especially with the motivation of a wonderful holiday.

Wishing you good luck on your Slimming World journey.
Thank you Mini! I'm excited to get stuck into this adventure!

COUNTDOWN: DAY 220

Breakfast
Nil o_O
I know, I know that I need to eat breakfast, it's the most important meal of the day etc however, this has always been one of my biggest challenges. I find it incredibly hard to eat anything early in the morning and am more often than not over-sleeping (have had problems sleeping at night for years) and then having to rush out of the front door to work.

Lunch (2 Syns)
Jacket Potato topped with sweetcorn
McCain Frozen Jacket Potato x2

Dinner
Garlic & Soy Sauce Beef Strips with Courgette and Soy Sauce Rice.
2dtsiyv.jpg

(This pic looks sooo much better on Instagram lol)

Snacks
1/4 watermelon :watermelon: cut into fans, Maybe more to be honest, I can probably stretch a regular sized watermelon out to lasting about 4/5 days.

All in all not a bad first food diary. Just need to keep on top of my water intake as it's dropped a little bit over the last couple of days (once I have to start getting up multiple times during the night to pee my enthusiasm with drinking my 2 litres really drops off!).

PS: Does anyone know how many Syns a Danone Danio yoghurt is? I adore them, and even though they are "low fat" i'm not sure it's low enough.

Thanks in advance :)

Oh well done you - a very good day. I always envy people who don't fancy breakfast. I go to sleep dreaming of cereal!!!
Thank you, I'm hoping that I can carry the momentum on. Scratch that i'm determined to stick with it.

The downside to not being able to eat at 8am is that by the time 10am rolls around i'm usually pulling out the chocolate and sweet snacks. Now replaced with watermelon (the best fruit on the planet). Wondering if I can get away with counting the watermelon towards my 2 litre water goal.

I'm with you @Skinnyshoes - can't function without breakfast! And these 28g servings of cereal just aren't worth eating! It's like 2 spoonfuls.

I think the watermelon would count to be honest, cuz they do say we get a lot of fluid from food, not just drinks. I always drink loads in the day then not so muh in the evening to avoid that getting up to pee feeling - I don't mind getting up at work lol.

COUNTDOWN: DAY 219

BREAKFAST
Muller Light Yoghurt - Strawberry (Syn Free)

LUNCH
Leftover portion of the Beef and Rice from last nights dinner (Syn Free)

DINNER
Lemon & Paprika Chicken with Bacon & Tomato Sauce with Spaghetti and Courgette. (Syn Free and delicious!)
9qvapx.jpg

SNACKS
I was talked into having a knockoff Fab ice lolly for pudding. I enjoyed it though. (I'm counting 4 Syns as that's what an actual Fab is)

I felt like today was another good day. Did slightly better with the water intake. Did spend most of the day in back to back meetings at work so didn't even have the opportunity to snack or think about food. It also meant that I didn't get to each my lunch until gone 3pm, and then I could only manage half of it. i also woke up freezing in the morning and it took me ages to feel like i'd warmed up so I made myself a cup of tea when I got to work (milk part of HEA) and a sweetener.

Now going to spend the morning looking for more recipes that take my fancy. I feel like if I enjoy the process of cooking it will make it a lot easier to actually want to do it rather than be lazy and chuck something into the fryer and be done with it.

COUNTDOWN: DAY 218

Breakfast

• Muller Light Yoghurt - Strawberry (0 Syns)

Lunch
  • Apple (0 Syns)

Dinner

• Half a portion of leftover Lemon & Paprika Chicken from last night's dinner (0 Syns)
So I woke up this morning feeling pretty rough with flu-like symptoms. It's really hampered my ability to eat today :( and I've barely even thought of getting out of bed. Hopefully it will ease up a little tomorrow and I can salvage what's left of the weekend.

PS: Does anyone have any thoughts on why I can't seem to edit my previous posts?

Can you not see your Edit button?

I will highlight this to Pierce.

I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Food looks delicious!

Can you not see your Edit button?

I will highlight this to Pierce.

I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Food looks delicious!
Thanks Mini, feeling much more human today.

I can see and use the edit button, but when saving I get a red notice box telling me that my post is being flagged as spam. :/ Screenshot below.
96ewlu.jpg

COUNTDOWN: DAY 217

Breakfast
1 Alpen Light Summer Fruit - HexB

Lunch

Dinner
Carrot & Potato Soup with some roast pork thrown in for good measure, (0 Syns)
Pudding: About 4 tablespoons of stewed apples (made with sweetener) and cinnamon. (I know it's a tweak, but I didn't eat much of it so not counting the Syns)
2ekqb0k.jpg

Feeling better today in myself. Have to work on making sure I eat both lunch & dinner at the weekend. This is a habit that has been going on for some years and it is not uncommon for me to go out with friends on a Sunday evening for a meal, and it be well known that that would be the first "meal" i'd be eating that day!

I also have my evening meals planned out for the next week and a food delivery coming tomorrow so I'm looking excited to trying out some more new recipes.

I know what you mean, I'm pretty bad for not having lunch on a weekend and then pigging out on crap because I'm hungry. What recipes are you trying this week?

I know, weekends were definitely an eat-out affair. Usually involving a double sausage and egg McMuffin meal from McDonald's.

My meal plan so far for this week is

Monday - Sweet & Sour Pork
Tuesday - Cheesy Bacon Burger Fries
Wednesday - Wednesday nights are mine & my mum's night out. Usually cinema and food. Our food options are McD's, KFC, Dominos, Frankie & Benny's or Brewers Fayre. Was thinking maybe Brewers Fayre for a steak and some veg / Jacket potato is my best option. Anyone have any other suggestions for low Syn options at these places?

Thursday - Sweet Potato, Chicken & Chive Risotto
Friday - Burgers -
Will be leaving off the coleslaw from this one (can't stomach raw onion).

I've become obsessed with Two Chubby Cubs website and their recipes. The blog posts that accompany the recipes are hilarious and I've chuckled quite a fair bit.

COUNTDOWN: Day 216

Breakfast
Overnight Oats - HexB & used Total 0% yoghurt with strawberries and raspberries on top - 0 syn

Lunch
Leftover soup from yesterday's dinner - 0 syn

Dinner
28miz5d.jpg

Slimming World Sweet & Sour Pork with Egg Noodles - 1 Syn
Pudding was a Turkish Delight Muller Light yoghurt.

Snack
1 Babybel Light Mini Cheese - HexA

Hands down by far the tastiest and "true to taste" meal I've cooked so far. Looking forward to the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I really should stop calling it leftovers when i purposely cook extra with intention of having it for lunch the next day.

Last edited:
That sweet and sour pork looks amazing! I must give that a go. Your sweet potato, chicken and chive risotto sounds delicious too, how do you make that?

I would stick with something like steak or grilled chicken breast when you're out tomorrow and have a jacket potato/ salad with it. I think it's definitely your better option, stay away from the KFC!

The links to the recipes are in my previous post about which meals are planned for this week. Just click on the meal. The recipes aren't mine, and I've not cooked the risotto yet but I am looking forward to it.

It's agreed, steak for dinner tonight. even though KFC is my favourite, but I will stay away. I'll stare at it from Frankie & Benny's. :p

COUNTDOWN: Day 215

Breakfast
Banoffe Alpen Light Bar - HexB

Lunch
Leftover Sweet & Sour Pork - 1Syn

Dinner
Stir Fry with Soy Sauce - 0Syns

Sorry no pics from yesterday but all the meals were pretty plain and it was a very busy day. By the time I got home I just wanted to sleep and didn't even cook dinner myself!

Back