Time to shift these pounds for good!

Kimboliz

Ok so I'm starting back on Exante again today after many failed attempts. I have finally decided that enough is enough with my weight. I work on a postnatal ward where it's kept warmer for the babies and I get so hot and sweaty there, it's so embarrassing. Plus I hate being really restricted on what clothes I can buy because of my size. I've taken some before pictures to track my progress against (i might be brave and share them one day). I've also just done my starting weight and I'm very ashamed to say that I am currently 19st 3.5lbs and a larger size 20 (probably a 22 in some things but I refuse to admit it and would rather squeeze into a smaller size)! This is the biggest I have ever been and I don't want to stay at this weight for long. I have quite a bit of muscle, more so on my calves from many years of horse riding, bike riding and walking everywhere, so I will be tracking my progress more with clothes sizes than I will be with actual weight losses but they will be important as well of course.

So my ideals....I'd like to get down to 11st 7lbs but not sure if this would be too small for me so going to see how we go with that. Clothes size wise, I'd like to get down to a size 12-14.

I am very lucky this time round though as my boyfriend is being very supportive of me losing weight if it makes me happier and has even given me the incentive that he will buy me an absolutely gorgeous dress that I saw in Camden market a few weeks ago if I lose the weight to get into it.

I have given myself a few smaller targets to help me along the way but I'm not sure if I want to set myself a final target date just yet. So here they are:

1) Get down to a comfortable - loose size 20 and 18st by 16th June when I go to Disneyland Paris with my boyfriend
2) Get to 17st and be a comfortable size 18 by 19th July when I go to Center Parcs with my family
3) Stick to the diet!

So here I go with a cherry and almond bar in one hand and a litre of water in the other.....wish me luck!

Someone has just reminded me about taking my measurements of my body so will be doing those in a bit. I've also decided that once I reach the 16st mark that I am going to treat myself to a new tattoo :) much better than food and wont be wasted if I lose more weight and become to small to wear it

Good Luck Kimboliz! You'll have your tattoo in no time! :) xx

Thanks jacqu79 I really hope so! Gonna pay for it with the money that I'm saving from all of the junk food and takeaways xx

Thanks serialslimmer :) ive just found another tattoo that I want to get as well so maybe I can celebrate my achievements and milestones with tattoos x

Ok so day 1 yesterday didn't necessarily go so well. I know for a fact I didn't have anywhere near enough water yesterday, only about a litre. I stuck to it food wise and had a cherry and almond bat for breakfast, a cookies and cream bar for lunch and a strawberry shake for dinner.

Aim for today....drink so much more water! Have not long woken up after having a really bad migraine over night so gonna go and make myself a coconut shake and fill up my water bottle.

Oh also took my measurements this morning. I've done them in cms as I thought it might be more of an incentive to continue when I'm seeing the numbers come down. So here they are:

•Waist - 120cms (47ins)
•Hips - 134cms (53ins)
•Chest - 120cms (47ins)
•Upper arm - 36cms (14ins)
•Thigh - 72cms (28.5ins)
•Calf - 47cms (18.5ins)

Welcome & good luck this time round.

Keep drinking that water & hopefully the head ache will start to fade. 1st 3 days are always the worse but worth it in the end. x

:welcome: keep going you're doing great. The first week is tough but it feels good to be in control again once you're through it. What's your tattoo and dress like?

Hiya, kimboliz. Great goals and good luck with the restart x

Hey Kim :) hope your first week is going ok. Positive rewards are such a great idea! :) xx

So my first week didn't quite go to plan :( I had a few really tough and stressful days at work and in my tiredness and frustration I turned to food :( and bad food as well...chocolate cake and wafer biscuits to be exact. I'm so disappointed in myself coz it then carried on from there. I also had a planned weekend off of the diet for a few days with my boyfriend for a friend's wedding so I guess I just thought to myself that there wouldn't be any point going back on plan for a few days.

I need to get back on this now though, I hate being this size. A friend took a picture of me with my boyfriend at the wedding and I looked so much bigger than I thought. I currently have no food left in my house so I have no option but to get back on plan

Don't beat yourself up about it. This diet is 90% about headspace and the secret to that is feeling positive or concentrating on positives to give you focus. Just think about your first week WI. If you slip just carry on. It will come off. You can do this and it does get easier. I'm in week 3 and usually it's hard for me but I actually forgot what day I'm on. We've almost the same amount to go. C'mon lassie lets go!

Tomorrow is a new day. Cliche, but true! I've only managed half of my 20ish days on plan, half on low carb, and I've given in to drink 5 times ;) if I'd beaten myself up I'd have probably just given up by now. Instead ignore the bumps in the road and carry on :) x

You can do it, you will fall doing this but you just have to pick yourself up and carry on. Try and leave it at a bad meal or bad day and not let it turn into weeks and months. I fell off the wagon awhile ago after letting a bad day turn into a bad week and so on but restarted yesterday and my current feelings are that all the junk I eat and 'enjoy' isn't worth the end result of the weight and unhappiness.
Just think of how great you'll feel on your hols. Good luck. You can do it and there's plenty of support on here.

Back