* ~ * 23 Weeks to Christmas... Getting to Goal Diary * ~ *

Pink

Happy Little Bunny
Hello all :)

I have just started SW (yesterday) after years of messing around with starving myself one day and binging the next, I just want to eat normally and get to my weight loss goal by healthy eating and exercise.

I am 49lbs over my goal (3.5 stones) and I am hoping to be at goal by Christmas this year. I am fed up of wearing size 18/20 sacks at Christmas do's and feeling fat and weary. I want the energy that comes with being lighter and eating well.
I am a recently single mum to two lovely children (my little one lives at home - she is three. My son works in another city - he is in his early 20's.) As I work from home it has become to easy to sit at my computer and phone rather than getting out and about in the real world. I do take my daughter out every day come rain or shine so she can get plenty of fresh air... but I don't enjoy it as much as I should as I feel so fat and ungainly... and self conscious. So as well as losing weight for me so I look better and feel healthier... I am losing weight for my little one. I want to take her out and about more.... and enjoy every minute, I don't want to be worrying about my thighs rubbing together and getting sore or people looking at me thinking 'she's a fat mess.' I know most people are too busy with their own lives to seriously have those thoughts but my ex-partner would say such derogatory things about my weight that it feels as though he was speaking for the masses... we were together for 12 years and the drip dripping tap of nasty comments left me very unhappy with myself. I had the strength to finish our relationship a few months ago (lol fancy him being dumped by a fattie huh ;) he still begs me back... not a prayer would I go back!) and now I am rebuilding my confidence and starting a whole new life... and step one is getting slim and healthy.

Thanks for reading if anyone does/is

Love GEM xx

(Last week after having blood tests I have been told to avoid gluten by my doctor as I have an intolerance to it and it makes me ill; migraine, bloating, acid reflux, constipation etc.) So my food diary will be gluten free and as it's a new way of eating for me... I may make some mistakes along the way but here goes...

Okay today's Extra Easy menu as planned so far, I will edit later when I have been shopping:

B/fast 2 egg omelette (F) 1 rasher grilled bacon (F)
Lunch Chicken (F) Salad (SF) with salad cream (2)
Dinner Large grilled pork chop (F) sugar free apple sauce (SF) broad-beans (SF) cauli mash (SF) butter in mash (2)
Snacks Apple, Strawbs, Cherries (SF) Whole Milk for coffee (H/E) Greek yoghurt with coconut (4)
Syns today: 8

Exercise: Walking probably around 90 minutes. We are going to the park and then the shops.

Last edited:
Good luck on your journey, you can do it and when you're at target, it'll make him even more jealous :)

Lol thank you Rae Rae... when I was with him I was fat and depressed... and really he deserved nothing more from me. Now I am on my own, I am still overweight but I feel very upbeat and really positive. I have already done the greatest thing towards my well-being and that was saying goodbye to him. :) x

ahh that was really touching :) if you put your mind to it you will do it! I say that and im like a yoyo lol got married two weeks ago and was the same weight as I have been the last year or more but I wouldn't have changed it fit the world the pics are beautiful and it was an amazing day. I do struggle so much. But I've thought right I've got 6 weeks off work as im a pre school teacher so im gonna try my hardest back with slimming world as I were on slimfast and it was making me feel sick often. I've got 8 weeks until my honeymoon in Thailand.... hopefully can lose a stone or so. Also we are going to be trying for a baby early next year so want to battle the bulge now to make it easier when Im trying to lose baby weight. Lets do this in often on minimins so will look at it daily to see how you're getting on :) good luck chick xx

ahh that was really touching :) if you put your mind to it you will do it! I say that and im like a yoyo lol got married two weeks ago and was the same weight as I have been the last year or more but I wouldn't have changed it fit the world the pics are beautiful and it was an amazing day. I do struggle so much. But I've thought right I've got 6 weeks off work as im a pre school teacher so im gonna try my hardest back with slimming world as I were on slimfast and it was making me feel sick often. I've got 8 weeks until my honeymoon in Thailand.... hopefully can lose a stone or so. Also we are going to be trying for a baby early next year so want to battle the bulge now to make it easier when Im trying to lose baby weight. Lets do this in often on minimins so will look at it daily to see how you're getting on :) good luck chick xx

Aww thank you honey. :) CONGRATULATIONS on your recent wedding... how lovely. xx I am sure you could lose a stone by your honeymoon ... that's just under 2lbs a week. I would love to go to Thailand... you lucky duck. Let's get cracking on losing this weight!

GEM xx

Thank you :)
Yes lets do it! I have around 4 stone I want to lose add currently 14stone 8 and want to be 10stone 7ish. I know I can do it just got to keep at it! ! Xx

Had a good day, feeling full and still have my fruit to eat. It has been tiring though... sticky and hot. Looking forward to being lighter and feeling less sticky. Little one to bed and then a nice long bath before big brother... roll on day 2. xx

Day 2

I have woke up today feeling very motivated... I spent an hour looking at the inspirational photographs on here last night and what can I say but WOW? They are very inspirational indeed. When you see people have lost ten, eleven, sixteen, seventeen stone and more you kind of realise your weight loss is totally doable and it's all down to you.

Todays EE menu:

B/fast - bacon (f) 2 eggs (f) grilled tomato (sf)
Lunch - Microwave popped popcorn with salt (8 syns)
Dinner - baked pork chop in garlic (f) carrots (sf) peas (sf) garlic potatoes (f)
Snacks - 30gms Dble Gloucester (h/e) 28 pistachios (h/e) apple (sf) nectarine (sf) cherries (sf) whole milk for coffee (3.5 syns)

Plus 2-3 litres of water

I am currently drinking around 7 coffees a day and 3 litres of water. I really need to get the coffee number down to 2 or 3 a day so I am going to buy some herbal teas today to replace the coffee and start cutting back. I like peppermint, fennel, liquorice and chamomile teas. I have a few fruit teas in the cupboard but I am not so keen... I may brew them and then add them to a jug of cold water and make a sugar free squash.

Exercise: 60 minutes walk & dancing to the 80s & 90s music with my little one for 30 mins... she loves dancing. And yes the 80s & 90s ... I am showing my age. :rolleyes:

Time to start work and grab a second coffee...

Have a lovely sunny summer's day all,

Love GEM xx

Last edited:
Had a late breakfast today so didn't fancy much at lunchtime, by 2.30pm I was hungry and couldn't be bothered to prepare much because of the heat and so I stuck a bag of microwave popcorn in the microwave. I had half the bag which is approximately 250 calories... and after using the online syn calculator thing I think; 8 syns.
So I had to jiggle my menu plan a bit but I am now going to make dinner as my little one has gone to bed, I shall then have a nice cool shower and finally settle down to watch TV and finish my sewing.

I have drank 5 coffees so far today... and I shall have one later whilst watching TV. I am trying to improve on my usual 7 a day.... cutting down one cup at a time.

Have a nice evening miniminners. :) xx

I have a birthday party to attend on Sunday so I shall have a couple of light days today and tomorrow and then the birthday food hopefully won't make a dent on my Wednesday weight-in.

This lovely weather is great for getting out and about... myself and little one went out three times yesterday... it was so hot in the afternoon we got the hose pipe out and she loved holding it in the air and letting it rain down on her. The dog wasn't too impressed though and made a hasty retreat inside.
I am planning to have a serious Ebaying day today... I am taking the little one away to the seaside for a week at the start of September and I need to get some more spending money. I shall also be doing my food order today... I have a small food budget of £50 to last until the end of the month and that includes dog food and nappy pull-ups. I will have to plan a SW menu and plan around that. Fortunately I have quite a few vegetables in the garden; lettuce, spinach, basil, mint, chives, potatoes, broad-beans, cabbage and spring onions so that will help.

Okay today's menu...

b/fast: Chocolate Protein Shake (4 syns) I have a couple of left-over shakes from doing a VLCD. I'm not wasting them at nearly £2 a shake lol.
lunch: Tuna (f) Salad (sf) with homemade coleslaw (grated cabbage, onion, carrot, mayo) - (2 syns)
dinner: Bacon (f), pea (f) two egg omelette (f)
snacks: nectarine (sf) cucumber sticks (sf) cherry tomatoes (sf) whole milk for coffee (3.5 syns) 35gms Edam cheese (H/e)

Six coffees, 2 - 3 litres of water and at least 60 minutes walk.

Have a lovely Friday everyone. xx

Four days until Wednesday weigh in.... :rolleyes:

Busy busy busy today.... housework, making a birthday cake, shopping, cutting the grass, cleaning LO's bedroom, exercise DVD, Ebaying... so I shall have to update more tonight.

Today's menu so far...

B/fast - Choco & Mint Protein Shake (4 syns)
Lunch - Tuna (f) & mayo (2 syns) salad with chives, spinach, lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber (sf)
Dinner - baked potato (f) h/m bolognaise and lamb mince sauce (f) grated cheese (h/e) broad-beans (sf)
Snacks - raspberries, banana, apple (sf) natural yoghurt (h/e)

Coffees - no more than 6 Water - 2 litres
Exercise - 45 minute walk, 30 minute dance zone dvd

Enjoy Saturday everyone. xx

A bit of a nightmare weekend food wise... I followed my food plan until last night and then had two bags of crisps at 10pm as I was feeling fed up. So today when I went to a birthday lunch party I foolishly thought 'sod it for this weekend' and I ate a huge portion of lasagne with wedges and salad, and then a huge piece of chocolate birthday cake with a glass of champagne. I have arrived home feeling bloated and very cross with myself.
I do have two full days until my Wednesday weigh in.... if I can lose two pounds this week I will be really pleased and feel like I am heading in the right direction.... so from now and until Wednesday morning I am 100 % totally on plan. No more food today and two syn free days Monday and Tuesday... fingers crossed for a loss.

I hope you all had a more productive weekend than me. :(

XX

One of my friend's goes to a SW group on Saturday mornings... I have decided to join for extra support as I think it will help me keep focused over the dreaded weekends. So my official weigh-in day will now be Saturday. Also it is exactly six weeks until I go on holiday. I would love.. love ...love to be a stone lighter... no I will will WILL be a stone lighter AT LEAST by then.

Best of luck with the weigh in, I'm sure you'll meet your target in time for your holiday! Sounds like you're much better off without your ex, well done for taking that step.

Best of luck with the weigh in, I'm sure you'll meet your target in time for your holiday! Sounds like you're much better off without your ex, well done for taking that step.

Thank you Lougalx. I am very glad to be rid of him... on reflection I was quite unhappy with him but just lost sight of it with the day to day busyness of work and a toddler taking my focus.

Feeling bloating and lethargic after yesterday's wheat fest... I am sure to have a migraine later on too... all my own fault 'sigh.' Still it's a totally new start today and I intend to grab the day by both hands and use it to be one step closer to my weight loss goal.

B/fast - Protein shake (4 syns) 4 brazil nuts (H/E)
Lunch - Salmon (f) lettuce, chive, spinach, cucumber, spring onion salad (Sf) vinegar & tarragon oil-free dressing (f)
Dinner - bacon chop (f), poached egg (f) grilled tomato and mushroom (Sf)
Snack - Natural yoghurt (f) raspberries (sf)

six coffees, 2 litres of water
60 minutes walk, 20 minutes dance

I've made some totally superfree and very tasty ice-lollies. I made a cup of Twinning's herbal tea (mango and strawberry) with two tea bags... let them brew for five minutes, removed teabags, put it in a jug and then added a further cup of cold water and then put it into the lolly mould and into the freezer. A couple of hours later... the lollies are ready. Even my LO likes them, they are sweet and refreshing with no added nasties, sugar, sweeteners etc.

I am going to try and make liquorice tea lollies next, it's my favourite herbal tea and is probably really good as a lolly.

Had a mid-week sneak weigh-in this morning... I know I came off the back of a VLCD but I have only lost 1lb. Not very good considering it's my first week but I know why... I totally blew my healthy eating on Sunday. But as I said yesterday... it's a fresh start and I got straight back on plan and hopefully I shall lose another pound before my weigh-in on Saturday and I will still be on target to be at goal by Christmas.

Today my menu is lean and clean as they say, my house is a junk food free zone and I want to keep it that way until this SW way of eating becomes second nature to me. Having chocolate and crisps in the house is far too much of a temptation.

Menu:

b/fast: gluten free cornflakes (h/e) and whole milk (h/e) raspberries (s/f)
lunch: two baked skinless Hawaiian chicken thighs (f) lettuce and beetroot salad with spring onions (s/f)
tea: smoked mackerel (f) basil salad (s/f)
snack: apple (s/f) carrot sticks (s/f)

I am now down to five coffees a day... yay!! Lol I am getting there, slowly. I shall also drink 2 litres of water today.

Exercise: one hour walk to and from playgroup with little one and 20 minutes dance dvd.

Back