25, fat, and dieting for the one hundredth time!

Gretel87

Hi to anyone who is listening :)

My name is Nicola, I am 25 years old and have been a yoyo dieter for as long as I can remember...

I have never been ‘thin’, ever. Throughout my schooling I was a chunky 11 year old trying to fit in. Luckily I had a bubbly personality and a good sense of humour that kept me going throughout my education, in fact I was a popular girl with a lot of friends. However, I grew tired of never having a boyfriend and always being the ‘friend’. Eventually I left those school memories behind me, found myself a boyfriend and tried to enjoy life. By the time I was 18, I weighed 16 and a half stone! Shopping with friends was never fun, as I could never fit in with fashion (literally). My boyfriend and I split up and eventually I decided enough was enough and that I needed to change my life.

I then attempted my first real diet and when I say diet, I went to the extreme and tried Lighter Life. Surely enough, I was determined and the weight fell straight off my flabby body. Eventually I couldn’t stomach the food packs any longer and starved myself on one meal a day, drinking black coffee whenever I was hungry. I made my way down to 12 stone 9lbs within a matter of months. Of course, like everyone else I put a few of the pounds back on but I managed to maintain 13 stone for a couple of years.

The ex boyfriend and I got back together (of course we did, I was ‘thin’) and my weight slowly crept back on. By January 2010 I weighed 15 stone again. Shocked at the beast I had become, I tried Weight Watchers (on the old points system) and this worked for me! I went down to a size 14 and weighed 12st 7lbs. Looking back now, I still thought I was huge, but my god I wish I could be that weight again.

Once again, the weight slowly came back and surely, the (ex) boyfriend and I split up for good after 7 years. I lost a few pounds (due to stress) but then I met a new man and the happy fat came crawling back. After a cheerful Christmas (and a few too many chocolates), it is now 2013 and I weigh 14 stone 11lbs.

I am ready to change my life. Again. Especially this year, with two of my best friends getting married and two bridesmaid dresses to fit in to, I refuse to be rolling down the aisle next to all of my thinner, beautiful friends.

Just to pre warn you, I will moan, cry and mainly talk about the curries I am craving.

Welcome to my weight loss journey.

Advice appreciated ;)

Hi! Good luck on your weight loss! I'm sure you will do fab! Well done on you current weigh loss :) and here's to a amazing new year to come!!
I'm currently 12.13 :( and hoping to get to 10 and half stone ASAP!
Ill be following your thread to see how your doing :p and to be there on good days and bad days which we all have!
2013 is going to be great! Xx

Ahh thanks so much! I started Weight Watchers (propoints) on Wednesday and have already lost 6lbs! I know I shouldn't be weighing after 3 days but I couldn't resist and everyone needs that boost every so often :D x

Ahh thanks so much! I started Weight Watchers (propoints) on Wednesday and have already lost 6lbs! I know I shouldn't be weighing after 3 days but I couldn't resist and everyone needs that boost every so often :D x

Omg that amazing for 3 days :0 please send me some of you magic dust lol!! I weigh in on Wednesday hoping to have a good loss :) (If I can wait till then :p) xx

Morning!

Jus came across ur diary and it made me laugh when u said about craving curries lol i always moan to my OH i want a curry!

Weldone on the weight u have lost so far, and i am glad ur not only havin meal a day! Us ladies like our food n one meal a day isnt good lol!
That happy fat is a bugger though isnt it? i have never been as big as i am now and i got this big after having my son i jus felt so content and i ballooned!!

Are u joining a meeting on Wednesday then? i weigh in on a Thursday. i had my first weigh in on thursday from 2 weeks off over christmas and gained 7.5lb:eek:. to b fair i thought i had gained more!!
I am gettin married this year, and one of my best friends who is my maid of honour made me join Weight Watchers and i am so glad we did i love it!

best of luck ( oh dnt keep scale hoppin though missy :).)

i am looking forward to following your journey with u

xxxxx

Back