25 stone to 19 stone in 8 months.

It's not a problem hun - but you will love the book too :). Let me know how you get on!

I also do a quick courgette soup that is only about 80 cals the lot - top and tail four courgettes, chop and throw in a pan with just enough water to cover them. Boil and simmer for 5 mins, take off the heat, chuck in a Knorr herb infusion stockpot, then blend and eat :)

Hi, found your diary and I only starting reading it but I want to tell you about myself. I started at 160 kg thats 25 st 3 lbs. Have done all kind of diets under the sun but when you have so much to lose its not easy. Last year I manage to lose a stone before my wedding. This year we moved to UK and I joined SW. Since then I have lost almost 6 st in there and I cant tell enough how easy it is to someone like me.
I know how it can be - when you give up and eat and then feel sad about giving up. But - we cam do it. So can you :) what ever you do you have good reason to do it. Look at first post you made - its full of willpower :)
As I havent read all your diary yet I dont know how you doing but I hope you well and keep going to your goal and you have smile on your face :)
Hugs

It's not a problem hun - but you will love the book too :). Let me know how you get on!

I also do a quick courgette soup that is only about 80 cals the lot - top and tail four courgettes, chop and throw in a pan with just enough water to cover them. Boil and simmer for 5 mins, take off the heat, chuck in a Knorr herb infusion stockpot, then blend and eat :)

I hated courgettes when they used to turn up in a moussaka, I used to spit them out ... LOL

However, that is not to say that I would not like them in a soup. When things are "souped" you lose the texture, so if this was the objectionable part of the foodstuff, then bob's your uncle. Also, they taste different, especially as you will probably have other things in the soup to take away the taste. One youtube video on how to make slimming veggie soup includes courgettes and I did think that I might include them if they were going to be blended in with lots of other stuff.

Helena

Last edited:
Hi, found your diary and I only starting reading it but I want to tell you about myself. I started at 160 kg thats 25 st 3 lbs. Have done all kind of diets under the sun but when you have so much to lose its not easy. Last year I manage to lose a stone before my wedding. This year we moved to UK and I joined SW. Since then I have lost almost 6 st in there and I cant tell enough how easy it is to someone like me.
I know how it can be - when you give up and eat and then feel sad about giving up. But - we cam do it. So can you :) what ever you do you have good reason to do it. Look at first post you made - its full of willpower :)
As I havent read all your diary yet I dont know how you doing but I hope you well and keep going to your goal and you have smile on your face :)
Hugs

Hi Destamia and thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a message.

I'm SOOO envious of you! It is my greatest dream on this earth to get down to 18 stone-something like you. Gosh nearly 6st lost, you must feel sooo amazing ~ not just physically but the sense of achievement, that you took your problem into you own hands and you did something about it. So many people, when they get to over 20 stone just cannot see a way out. It seems an impossible task. So well done you for changing your life for the better.

I shall add you to my list of People Who Have Inspired Me.

My box of 24 Slimfast Caramels arrived just now (ordered on Amazon only yesterday ~ how amazing is that?) and this is PART of my getting back on track. It's funny how sometimes these little things can make us feel "safe". I know that I get SO much chocolately, caramelly satisfaction from these bars that once I have had one I won't need to go looking for Galaxy 112g bars! And IF now and again I have TWO, it's not the end of the world as that is only 180 calories, 1/10th of my daily allowance.

Yesterday I lapsed a little and had a large cod and chips, but it only put me 200 calories over my allowance, and still 600 calories under my sedentary TDEE. But, actually, I did some floor painting and furniture moving, so I "earned" those 200 actually. I bought two cods (and only one chips) and had the second cod for breakfast. Although I am logging 600 calories for the cod, that isn't so bad because it's all I have eaten today and it's already 4.20pm. It has staved off my hunger for 7 hours now, so I think that is good for an expenditure of 600. It's only the same as having a 300c brekkie and a 300c lunch, after all!

So I still have 1200 to "spend" today, and will have a Knorr chicken and leek soup, supplemented with 2oz sweetcorn, 4oz chicken breast, a slice of 58c bread and a mug of tea.

Helena

This diet is so good for that - borrow a bit from here and there - and pay it back later in another way :) I've never known anything working like CC!

This diet is so good for that - borrow a bit from here and there - and pay it back later in another way :) I've never known anything working like CC!

So why do so many people say that it does not work?

Weighed in today, now 336lb. I am getting sooooo bored with being stuck between 335 and 338 for 3 weeks. It is starting to feel like my initial loss was "just water weight" and I'm never going to reach my goal of 299lb by April :-(

I think a lot of people - me included - go looking for a 'quick fix' to see some losses - but in four years of almost constant yo yo dieting I can honestly say those eating plans are just not sustainable. When I start cutting things out (eg I love low carb but miss bread too much), i fall off the wagon big time. For me at least it's about slowly reducing the amount I eat, over time.

By the way, I really like the Jimmy Moore quote in your signature :)

I think a lot of people - me included - go looking for a 'quick fix' to see some losses - but in four years of almost constant yo yo dieting I can honestly say those eating plans are just not sustainable. When I start cutting things out (eg I love low carb but miss bread too much), i fall off the wagon big time. For me at least it's about slowly reducing the amount I eat, over time.

By the way, I really like the Jimmy Moore quote in your signature :)

Hi Susie

You are the only person who has commented on that quote. I put it there because it's the best slogan that super-heavy people can possibly live by. As you and I know, when we start to think about how much we have to lose it's just too overwhelming, and it seems impossible, so there is a tendency to think, "What's the point in trying? I'm not bloody superwoman! I'll never be able to lose [100, 200, 300] pounds!"

But when you consider the possibility of losing 18lb, well, that is in our sights: we can imagine achieving that! And that is what I set myself to do: to lose 18lb, and when I did that, I re-started, and am trying to lose another 18lb.

And refining the mentality, we can swap 18lb for mini-goals, which many on here do.... well, you know the rest!

I had two rounds of roast beef and fresh tomato sandwiches for breakfast, with a dash of salad cream instead of butter. And two pints of tea. YUM!

Helena

Weighed in today, now 336lb. I am getting sooooo bored with being stuck between 335 and 338 for 3 weeks. It is starting to feel like my initial loss was "just water weight" and I'm never going to reach my goal of 299lb by April :-(

Hi ,
I have done CC about 7 years ago. Did not work for me and let me try and explain why.
1) I was over 25 stones and my doc made me plan of 1800 cal a day - this is way to little for my weight
2) I was always hungry , moody, angry and disappointed when I was doing my best and then the result was small are there was no result at all
3) when I slip I gained weight right away
4) Im a chef - can you imagine working for 12 hours a day with food and not able to eat
5) The food I was allowed was just boring and did not make me happy
6) I wanted something to make my life happy but instead CC made my life unhappy.

Thats my reasons why CC would never work for me. Thats why SW is working for me- it makes me happy , lets me to enjoy my meals and my life. Ladyfelsham says people are looking for quick fix and thats true - but I (speaking only about myself ) could never see CC as part of life for rest of my life. Too demanding and strict for me.

I think maybe if I would be someone else - not chef - maybe then CC would work for me too. In long run , if CC works for you and make you happy - keep going. You will get to your target by the April , dont worry - there is plenty of time. Dont give up- you can do it. Every day is new day with new news and only same sun smiling at us. Smile and you see everything is possible =)

CC didn't work for me. It's the most logical and straight forward diet there is, but I abused it, so it wasn't CC's fault it failed, but for me, it just didn't work.

I was eating the stuff I ate before, just in portions that meant I was within my range (which is small at 1200 - the lowest a person should eat - and that only said I'd lose 1.5lbs a week if I ate that amount), it meant I was eating far too much fat and sugar even though my calories were right, I think it's a fine balance and power to people who can figure it out, but as someone who was once 8 stone with an eating disorder (counted out 180 calories a day and that was all I was allowed, coupled with 20 minutes solid, hardest level cross trainer on that amount of calories) CC took up too much of my brain power to work out and saw me getting obsessive again. I can still walk into a grocery store and know the calorie content of pretty much most items.

SW works for me, but I'm still working out cals in my head almost instantly.

I think people say it doesn't work as a general rule because they can't believe something so simple can work when the diet industry is worth millions, surely there must be some secret answer out there like pills or plans etc, but there isn't, it's simple input vs output!
XxX

EDIT: Sorry, this post is very rambly!

Unfortunately Helena a plateau after you've shed a couple of stone is normal. I STS's for 5 weeks back in April most frustrating but I just kept hanging in there until it decided to start shedding again.

I've always been a CC girl. Never tried WW but have seen it make my sister very depressed. Dabbled with SW but hated the whole "syns" thing especially when it came to normal healthy foods not fitting their blueprint of healthy extras. You just have to find what suits you best and that takes a lot of experimenting. I think where people go wrong with CC is starting off on too few calories for their size in the beginning and using their cals just because they fit rather than looking at improving nutrition and reducing portion sizes especially for snack foods and alcohol. If done rightly you can get a huge amount of food for very small calories. I tend to split my allowance to 33/33/33% of carbs, protein fat or as near to that as I can get it as keeping a lid on the carbs works best for me.

Unfortunately Helena a plateau after you've shed a couple of stone is normal. I STS's for 5 weeks back in April most frustrating but I just kept hanging in there until it decided to start shedding again.

I've always been a CC girl. Never tried WW but have seen it make my sister very depressed. Dabbled with SW but hated the whole "syns" thing especially when it came to normal healthy foods not fitting their blueprint of healthy extras. You just have to find what suits you best and that takes a lot of experimenting. I think where people go wrong with CC is starting off on too few calories for their size in the beginning and using their cals just because they fit rather than looking at improving nutrition and reducing portion sizes especially for snack foods and alcohol. If done rightly you can get a huge amount of food for very small calories. I tend to split my allowance to 33/33/33% of carbs, protein fat or as near to that as I can get it as keeping a lid on the carbs works best for me.

Most likely you are right but in my case I had doc who made my menu and told me how many calories I may use. I never were " someone in internet told that eating only cabbage will help you lose weight - and then doing it myself " girl. After losing hair in process of weight loss ( again bills that doc give me ) Im very careful what and how I eat.
Everyone have their own way - nothing wrong with that :) as long as you happy and it works for you , keep doing it :)

Last edited:

Totally agree with this! That's my bugbear with SW, I use my "Syns" On healthy food, whilst certain junk foods and things crammed with artificial sweetener as free, perplexing (I avoid Muller lights like the plague!). Your weight loss is incredible!

Morning ladies and thanks for the messages.

I weighed in today and my weight is different each time I move the machine by about six inches. I had readings of 332.6, 333.8 and 331.8. Well I have logged it as 333.

These are brand new electronic digital scales, and they were not cheap! Oh well, it's doesn't really help to fret over a pound or two one way or the other, when you are 250lb overweight! So long as the scale doesn't read 338 when I am 250 .... !

I've kept strictly on plan for the last ten days. The weight loss is, however, painfully slow. But I find the regime extremely easy: I have a set number of dishes to choose from, so there isn't a lot of choice. I find the less choice I have, the easier it is to stay on plan. If I am desperate for a cheat, I am allowing myself to have a large fried cod from the chippy, for about 600c.

Helena

hi helena
i agree no good worrying about the odd LB love

I'm afraid to admit I have a "designated" floor tile in my kitchen to place my scales on for weigh-in and conveniently my floor tiles are exactly the same size as the scales so no margin for error lol. As long as your body is shrinking it's not worth worrying when the scales playing their little mind games by going up instead of down.

I'm afraid to admit I have a "designated" floor tile in my kitchen to place my scales on for weigh-in and conveniently my floor tiles are exactly the same size as the scales so no margin for error lol. As long as your body is shrinking it's not worth worrying when the scales playing their little mind games by going up instead of down.

That's not weird at all. At. All.

I put my scales on the same tile in the bathroom every time. I thought everyone did that? :psiholog:

:D

That's not weird at all. At. All.

I put my scales on the same tile in the bathroom every time. I thought everyone did that? :psiholog:

:D

Yep, me too!

OOoh now I know your bathroom secrets!

I weigh in my office. The floor is bare floorboards (which I have painted). I DID have a designated spot, but something was put down there so I had to use another spot.

But I am not bovvered by a pound. I worry about the stones!

UNfortunately, I was unable to prevent myself from dropping into the bakery for two cream cakes when I went into town today. Mind you, walking about, especially in this muggy heat and overheated shops, I probably burned off 300 to 600 calories, anyway!

So I shall just indulge and enjoy them with a pint of tea and "Upstairs Downstairs" on Sky!

Helena

Back