25 stone to 19 stone in 8 months.

morning helena

do not be hard on yourself hun you are doing gt and it was a little bip have a good day today lovely x x

morning helena

do not be hard on yourself hun you are doing gt and it was a little bip have a good day today lovely x x

Ahhh you are being too nice. If we are not hard on ourselves we will never achieve anything. I am determined to lose 6 stone in 8 months and that equates to a tad over 10lb a month. Or 2.5lb a week. So far I have lost 22lb in 8 weeks (2.75lb a week) so I am not ahead and cannot rest on my laurels. Have to keep up the striving or I will never get to 19 stone by April.

Much love,

Helena

Helena
i believe in you and i feel your determination and i know you are going to do it
but i can agree with you that we need to be hard on ourselves are it will go to the wolves

love chezz x

Yeah those damned wolves!

I am pleased with how the day is going so far.

I have consumed 730 calories and it is now 4pm. If only I could manage this every day, I'd be home and dry.

Have dinner planned: ham sandwiches. If I can stick to that and not weaken and eat anything else, I can stick on 1400. Or if I have two treat size chocolates I can end the day on 1500. That would be OK. I've been active all day, and before I go to sleep I will be exerting myself by bending double to damp-wipe a quarter of my bedroom floor and then follow this by giving it a coat of floor paint. That'll burn off 100c.

Helena

Ahhh you are being too nice. If we are not hard on ourselves we will never achieve anything. I am determined to lose 6 stone in 8 months and that equates to a tad over 10lb a month. Or 2.5lb a week. So far I have lost 22lb in 8 weeks (2.75lb a week) so I am not ahead and cannot rest on my laurels. Have to keep up the striving or I will never get to 19 stone by April.

Much love,

Helena

You may be a little behind your goals, but you're making progress - that's what's important! While there is utility in (sometimes!) being hard on yourself, remember that you don't have to be that miserable in the present to ensure a happier future!

Keep it up!

Ended my eating day on 1437c. Have gone to bed early to avoid temptation.

Thanks, S, for dropping by.

It's definitely not a straight line. A full week of being "good" doesn't always equate to a "good" loss - or any loss. It's all about how our bodies take it and what they need. Some days you're more hungry than others x

You are so right!

2lb down since last WI two days ago.

25lb lost in 9 weeks.

Only need three more to make it two stone!

Helena

Attachments

• 327.JPG
    327.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 39
Breakfast.

(Right) a (more than a) pint mug of tea
(Left) a pint mug of chicken soup.

Ingredients

one 200g chicken breast, marinated for 24 hours in herbs, garlic, ginger and olive oil
1 packet Knorr chicken and leek soup
1 packet Waitrose chicken noodle slimming soup (I put this in because I just want to use it up - it's horrible on its own but I don't want to throw it away)
fresh coriander, parsley and dill, all finely chopped
Sprinkle of pepper and paprika

The above makes 1 litre of soup, of which I had half, with:

one slice of 58 calorie Warbuton's wholemeal bread, toasted and diced into croutons

Calories for one mug (half a litre) = 332.

Mug of tea, about 25c for the milk....

Total calories for this breakfast = about 350.

This breakfast contains plenty of protein, B vitamins, calcium and is packed with flavour. The chicken is really moist and tender and flavoursome.

Next time I might swap the Knorr soup for chicken stock cubes, maybe cut calories back even more.

Attachments

• P1090431.jpg
    P1090431.jpg
    1,006.4 KB · Views: 75
That's amazing Helena! So close to 2 stone lost as well. :character00238:

Cheers, Kim... we've lost about the same. Well done, and good luck!

Also made this today:

Veg soup

400g bag butternut squash and sweet potato 168 calories
240g bag cabbage and leeks 46 calories
3 Bisto chicken flavour cubes = 21 calories

With another marinated chicken breast, this will be the basis of my food intake tomorrow.

I am trying to get organised so that I am always one day ahead ready with my foodstuffs.

I've been watching Youtube videos about how to cook chicken without fats, and especially curry. I now have a couple of great recipes so I am now hopping over to Asda to add the ingredients to my Tuesday delivery.

Pleased to say I am doing a LOT better than yesterday.

By this time yesterday I had scoffed down 1400 calories! Today only 400.

Big BIG mistake, and I have made this one twice now, is thinking I can eat fruit for breakfast. This is now totally banned. Not only does it make me feel weak and trembly an hour later, but it makes me SO ravenously hungry that I would KILL for food ... honestly, I was even eyeing up the cat.

Clearly, fruit on an empty stomach causes a massive leap and crash owing to raised bg and a gush of insulin.

Eating 100g of chicken in a soup for breakfast today totally satisfied me, no trembling, weakness or lightheadedness, and three hours later still no hunger.

Protein breakfasts are the right thing for me!

Is there any point in my eating fruit at all now? I mean, even if I have it as a snack mid-afternoon or evening, it may not make me trembly but it's still going to make me hungry and consequently eat more. For the same calories I could have chocolate, which I enjoy 100 x as much and has no discernible effect on my blood-glucose, and tends to blunt the appetite.

Goodbye, fruit :-(

Nice knowing you guys, but it's all over for us.

I find the same thing with fruit. I still eat it, but never on its own, or it does just make me hungry. As long as you're still eating lots of veg, there's no reason you should have to eat fruit. :) xx

Hello Tracy and PSP

I did so well today! Really happy with what I ate.

Soup and chicken for brekkie abt 9am, a pile of ham and piccallili sarnis for lunch abt 3pm, the rest of the soup and chicken at 7pm, and five little choc treats over the day.

COULD have gone without dinner, as no hunger, in the end decided to eat it because otherwise would have ended the day on abt 1260c... too low. So I had 400 for dinner & closed at 1664.

Soup with chicken bits in it seems to be the way to go.

I made four different marinades tonight and placed a chicken breast in each one, to be used in soups or salads for the coming week.

Helena

Just wanted to remind myself of how far I have come.

5 years ago I weighed 366 pounds (26 stone 2)

Here are two printouts from the leisure centre weighing machine from that time.

Today 327 (23 stone 5)

Attachments

• 366.JPG
    366.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 68
Back