25 stone to 19 stone in 8 months.

Down another pound today, to 329.

Over the moon! So much so that I just slid into a damp swimming costume ..eeewwwwww! because I am STILL in the mood to go to the pool!

Excited as a puppy right now!

------------------------ edited to add
(waiting for taxi to pool)

A bit more good news! I've found that I have sufficient calories for a big portion of curry for my main meal. Made one last night, was delish, and best thing is, it is so filling that it will carry me through all the next morning, through aquazumba, till lunchtime, so the calories consumed (about 600 to 700) can also be deducted from breakfast, if you see what I mean!

The trick is to omit any fat. Yesterday I chopped and slow-boiled a whole large onion till all the water had gone. Then add all the Indian spices, then things like a dash of tomato puree, a dash of curry sauce, small handful of sultanas, dash of mango chutney, keeping a close watch all the calories. Then add diced lean chicken breast and stir the mixture till cooked, and then add a dash of plain nonfat yoghurt or coconut milk. Apart from boiling the onions (which you can do in advance) the whole thing takes 10 mins.

OOOoooh taxi here!

Last edited:
I've had the same thoughts about perfectionism, the all-or-nothing thinking. It's utterly barking but makes perfect sense (ha, perfectionism makes perfect sense :8855:) in the moment. I've often thought that if I could learn to be average at this dieting lark I'd be slim by now. It's the weight of expectation though (good grief, the puns keep coming, don't they? :eek: - that you'll do something well? I don't know about you, H, but when I was little, I was told I was clever. My sister was the dainty pretty one and I was the clever one, the one who'd go to college, be whoever I wanted to be, do great things. What actually happened was that I trained for a career to which I wasn't suited because I thought it would make my parents proud. In fact, I spent most of my twenties and thirties trying to make them proud. Never quite managed it, for reasons I might go into another time. But there was this expectation that I could do whatever I put my mind to. Turns out I couldn't. I was miserable in that first career (teaching) but kept going for longer than I should have because I didn't want to let anyone down. I do stuff for myself now (I'm on my third career now and I think this one will stick, LOL) but still, when I diet, I think there's a part of me that wants to do it for other people, to make them happy. In particular, my father would love it if I lost weight. He was so proud of me when I lost 5 and a half stone on Cambridge a few years back. I've put nearly all that weight back now (it's taken 6 years) and I see his face when he looks at me.

That's the thing that I love about this place. You're not just coming to it and saying 'I need help to lose weight because I eat to much/I have a medical condition/I have an addiction to such and such a food'. There's more than that behind the reasons why we all lose weight. Usually they're deep seated emotional reasons that hurtlikehell - even if we don't always realise it that are behind WHY we are the weight we are.

Without getting them out and realising WHAT is behind it and discussing it and in a way venting it all out and having a safe place where we can write it down and people in the same place we may lose weight.... however we will likely put some/all/more back on again when we get the trigger that hits us right in the gut and we try and medicate it with food.

So please, don't EVER think that you need to stay away because you're ashamed. Don't internalise it and let it beat you again. It's what we're here for. We're here for motivation and moral support. We are EXACTLY the people you can confess to because we've almost all been there and in some cases may have even done more/longer . Coming back, getting your head down and beating your demons is the only way to go forward. WE CAN DO IT! And we will.

You should feel very proud of yourself lovely :) You have done absolutely amazingly these past couple of days for your new start and I bet it'll reward you on the scales. I'm doing something similar in having a tight month in preperation for Christmas Eve/Day/Boxing Day before I get back on track after those three (and mentally preparing to buy much less crap - only enough for those three days). Keep going lovely xxxx

Thank you Princess :)

NOVEMBER BOOT CAMP

Food

On waking ~ vitamin pills plus water
Before aquafit ~ up to 100c of sliced cold ham.
After aquafit ~ 500 calorie lunch
Afternoon snack ~ 300 calories (fruit, treats, cup-a-soup or a sandwich etc)
Dinner ~ 800 calories comprising one big meal plus treats

Thru day ~ milk and lemon juice for black or fruit tea ~ 100c

Total ~ 1800 calories

Exercise

Every day ~ 45 to 60 mins aquafit
If aquafit missed, must do 3 x 3 minute dance to rock music
When watching TV must lift 3kg nylon barbells for at least 30 mins

Body pampering ~ I will also frequently shave my legs etc, exfoliate my face, anoint my body with gorgeous lotions, pluck my eyebrows, treat my hair with olive oil, and brush my teeth every morning (I often only remember to do them at night). I will be in bed by 10pm every night.

I vow and promise to keep this up until 30th November.

Furthermore, on Thursday 6th November I will complete 60 mins aquafit AND walk one mile back from the pool (for the first time in years)

THANK YOU both my hunni-buns for skipping in and leaving me the love :)

I have dragged myself out of the self pitying rut and I am gonna KILL it, ladies!

I was really sad when my lodger gave notice, but listen to this .. a guy has applied for the room and he is a PERSONAL FITNESS TRAINER! And he's just landed a job at the local gym/pool/spa!

Ladies the Universe is finally on my side and sending what I need! I hope he likes the room and takes it.

Unfortunately I missed going to the pool today, sadly. This was because I was up late having an extraordinarily vigorous bonk, so slept till 8am, leaving no time to go to the pool before the cleaner got here at 9.am. My usual sent a replacement, and I ended up doing at least half of the work, washing windows and moving furniture so skirting could be washed (changeover of lodgers give opportunity for Spring Cleaning).

So, what with missing dinner last night and being UNDER calories for the day, plus the bonk, plus the stretch-and-bend cleaning, plus my promise to dance 3 x 3 minutes to heavy rock music, and my promise to lift weights for 30 mins whilst watching TV, I don't feel guilty about missing the pool workout.

Finn Crisps, tomato and ham for breakfast, 600-calorie curry with wholegrain rice for lunch. Feel stuffed now!

Wait...

What? :D

With the outgoing lodger or the (possibly) incoming personal trainer? (oh come on, I wasn't the only one wondering, right? ;))

Anyway, way to go on the fitness! What a great start to your recommitment! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wait...

What? :D

With the outgoing lodger or the (possibly) incoming personal trainer? (oh come on, I wasn't the only one wondering, right? ;)

Nope, I never have sex with lodgers... I have a 6yr LTR with a virile stud. It was he...

I don't know HOW to calculate the calories burned in a bonk. I suspect on his side it must have been a thousand. :)

Quite an active day, busy busy busy the whole time. Did not watch tv so no barbells, and forgot to dance to music. Oh well, I guess I should not worry about taking ONE day off in a week. Pool tomorrow morning. Quite looking forward to my "private disco".

Princess... how did you begin this diet on 31st April?

30 days hath September, April, June and November...

Thrilled to bits with your 74 lb loss. You are amazing.

Good for you! Sounds like a great arrangement. :)

He's also my best friend.

Up 4lbs today, so everything I lost since Saturday is back. I want to scream.

4 days out of 5 I did 1hr of aerobic exercise that I hadn't previously been doing, and I've kept to 1800 on 4 days out of 5, and on the 5th had 2,000. Not only is the 2,000 STILL a massive deficit on the 2800 calories my body (apparently) needs on a non-exercise day, but surely with the concept of "eating back your exercise calories" it was OK to have 2,000 on just one day?

So I am back where I started 5 days ago and it SUCKS!

Princess... how did you begin this diet on 31st April?

30 days hath September, April, June and November...

Thrilled to bits with your 74 lb loss. You are amazing.

Down to me being a muppet and not getting the right day (!)

Thank you my lovely :) I'm very proud of you too - and how upbeat you're sounding! :)

Don't worry about the gain, you're doing more activity on more days in a row thank you likely have for a long time - including the bonkage ;) - it's probably water protecting your muscles to help them mend :)

Yes and bonkage would also cause, er, inflammation in other areas. :) Puts a whole new spin on water retention. :D

Your scales are lying. Nasty vicious things - take no notice. Those 4 pounds will off again by the weekend.

Could you try not weighing yourself every day? Weight varies for many, many reasons and you seem to want to relate a gain today to what you ate yesterday or very recently. Unfortunately, that's not how it works, or at least that's how it seems to me and many others.

Once a week, same time, same circumstances is what has worked for me. I WI on a Thursday, and while I do, occasionally, do a sneaky peek on a Monday morning, I try not to because I know my weight goes up and down like a yoyo. Once a week is enough to provide a consistent record without making me worry about perfectly normal fluctuations. There seems little point torturing yourself.

Back