250lbs To Lose

I was supposed to eat the tuna pasta bake, but I can be a bit iffy with fish. I have to eat it exactly when I want it, otherwise I can find the smell, taste & texture repulsive, lol.

lol lol

I've just had half a pot of fat free Greek yogurt (1PP) mixed with half a scoop of caramel macchiato protein powder (1PP), two fresh apricots and an apple as an evening snack, and I'm going to drink another litre or so of water to bring me up to two litres for the day.

I'm going to fast for 24hrs tomorrow. Nothing but water, water, water. :) And then on Monday I have an appointment with my GP to ask about Orlistat. I also need to write down a shopping list so that I know what I need to buy. If I don't go grocery shopping without a list, I come back with far too much of the wrong stuff!
hi ellaye
yes i agree with that if i go without my list i buy crap i do not want and double on food also i like to go after i have eaten even just some fruit i find for me its easier to do it online no temptation

Online shopping is my favourite. Although, sometimes I'm tempted by the really good offers. But I think if I plan a menu in advance, I will be less likely to splurge and buy & eat the things I shouldn't. :)

Hi ellaye I'm so glad iv come across your post, I was starting to think I was the only one on here with such a big amount of weight to lose, iv subscribed to your thread and will be keeping a constant look out to see how your getting on

Online shopping is my favourite. Although, sometimes I'm tempted by the really good offers. But I think if I plan a menu in advance, I will be less likely to splurge and buy & eat the things I shouldn't. :)

hi ella
thats what i do plan my week then i cannot go of my list even though im doing it online plus i will not buy no naughty s in the house i do have on a weekend 2 scoops of soft vanilla icecream with my fruit at teatime and its my treat love it cannot wait till morrisons are online :D

Hi ellaye I'm so glad iv come across your post, I was starting to think I was the only one on here with such a big amount of weight to lose, iv subscribed to your thread and will be keeping a constant look out to see how your getting on

Hi! Do you have a thread? What kind of plan are you following?

hi ella thats what i do plan my week then i cannot go of my list even though im doing it online plus i will not buy no naughty s in the house i do have on a weekend 2 scoops of soft vanilla icecream with my fruit at teatime and its my treat love it cannot wait till morrisons are online :D

I think Morrisons have started an online delivery service, but only in certain areas. I checked earlier and they don't deliver where I am yet. :(

Do you find that having those treats every now and then helps keep you on track? I was thinking I might grab myself a latte from Starbucks and maybe a donut from the new place that has opened up nearby if I have another loss on Monday.

Ugh. I need to break the habit of weighing myself every day. The scales have gone from 27st to 27st 10lbs which is ridiculous. There's no way I have eaten enough to gain 1lb in weight, let alone 10lbs. I can only put it down to natural weight fluctuation coupled with the fact I had pasta for dinner which is the type of refined carby food I usually try to avoid.

Whatever the reason, seeing the scales go up by so much makes me wonder if I'm ever going to lose the weight. Sometimes I wonder if I'm incapable of slimming down, regardless of how hard I try. It might sound silly, especially since I know I've lost 20lbs in the past, but it makes me worry. I don't want to be fat forever.

I guess it's my fault for checking my weight too often. But it's hard not to. I want to see the scales go down because it's the only way to know that I'm doing all the right things.

No, no, no - you'll drive yourself mad with daily weighing!! I only got myself weighed about every eight weeks to start with, by my GP - in that length of time you're bound to lose! But certainly don't weigh more often than once a week, if you don't want to be driven to give up by seeing those fluctuations. Monthly weighing is actually best for a woman, because we're on a monthly cycle. :) xx

Just popping in to say Hi : )

I was into that bad habbit of weighing myself every day last week and it was just silly, 7 lbs here and there, so I've decided to leave it for once a week.
Plus there was a 10 lbs difference with my scales and my consultants scales :eek:

ell
i agree thats for sure i was doing it last year and i ended up falling of the wagon x

I'm only going to officially weigh myself once a week, but it's hard to resist the temptation to weigh myself every day. It's even harder not to feel like a huge failure every time my weight fluctuates. I read posts on this forum about people losing 3-4lbs a week while eating more than I do and it stresses me out because I assume I'm not counting things properly or I'm forgetting what I've eaten or I'm just messing up somehow without realising it. Or even worse - I'm destined to be fat forever! But I've been tracking my food, weighing it all out, checking the points, avoiding snacking as much as possible, etc. so I can only cross my fingers and hope my body quits being an ass. :)

That said, I weighed myself again this morning and I lost 6lbs overnight so I know that it's not a permanent gain. I think I'm going to put it down to eating refined carbs yesterday, general weight fluctuation and the fact I've just recently started taking the pill.

I've lost weight before so I know I can do it again. I just need to have faith in what I'm doing, which is eating fresh fruits & veggies, lean meats, good carbs and no junk. I still have a few days until my official weigh in, so hopefully by then, I'll see a loss.

I made a salad from rocket, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onion, beetroot & cottage cheese (3PP) with an apple and a glass of ice water for lunch.

Dinner will probably be chicken, sweet potato and steamed kale & leeks. Simple, but tasty.

hi ell
your dinner sounds lovely x x

It was yummy. :) I love sweet potatoes way more than regular potatoes, and I find I don't need any butter or cheese on them.

I have my appointment with the doctor tomorrow so fingers crossed, I'll be able to start Orlistat by Tuesday. :)

good luck love enjoy yourself x

I ended up cancelling my appointment with the doctor. :/

The whole situation stressed me out. The thought of being weighed, the thought of having to go back if it hadn't worked, ugh. But I'm going to make another appointment for next month, so hopefully by then I'll have seen that the healthy eating is working and I won't feel so nervous and panicky about the whole thing.

I still have two days until my next weigh in and I really, really hope I see a loss. I don't know what I'll do if I don't. My recommended calorie intake to lose weight is around 2000 calories, and I've been eating around 1200, so... gah, I wish I could just be relaxed about losing weight, but it's something I think about and worry about all the time.

Anyway, I skipped breakfast today because I had a headache and went back to bed. I'm going to have a late lunch/early dinner of skinless & boneless chicken thighs and feta salad. Maybe a couple of apples later. And lots of iced water. :)

hi ell

bless you love i know its a hard battle and its one your going to win im sure of it im glad your going to make another appointment next month and you will have more confidence to
hope your feeling better now love :D

I am definitely feeling better now. :)

I had a bit of a wobble earlier. I was updating my ASDA grocery order for tomorrow, and I very nearly decided to say sod it, I'll buy junk instead. But I told myself to get a grip, and I stuck to buying healthy food instead.

Like I've said before, sometimes I worry that I'll be fat forever, but when I had my wobble earlier and I wanted to but chocolate and cake and cookies, I realised that buying that kind of stuff will definitely ensure I'm fat forever, whereas buying the healthy stuff at least gives me a chance to lose weight. And I would rather eat nutritious, healthy food because it's better for me, whatever my weight.

I must admit, I did buy two packs of the Weight Watchers cake bars - cherry bakewell & chocolate caramel - but at only 2 PP each, I don't think that's so bad. :)

I swapped the apple I was going to eat tonight for a few olives instead, and as a (virtuous!) "treat" I've mixed some fresh pomegranate juice and fresh mint leaves into my iced water. It looks lovely and tastes just as good. I'm hoping the fresh mint will settle my stomach because I feel a bit bloated and bleugh.

Oh, and this weekend I think I'm going to be heading up to the animal shelter to pick out a new dog. :) It should be finalised by February or March. And when it's here, it'll be my motivation to exercise.

Back