250lbs To Lose

I've looked up some natural flavoured water recipes, and I'm going to try fresh sliced orange & vanilla bean, fresh sliced lime, cucumber & mint and fresh sliced lemon & basil. Much nicer than sugary sodas. :)

ellaye said:
I ended up cancelling my appointment with the doctor. :/

The whole situation stressed me out. The thought of being weighed, the thought of having to go back if it hadn't worked, ugh. But I'm going to make another appointment for next month, so hopefully by then I'll have seen that the healthy eating is working and I won't feel so nervous and panicky about the whole thing.

I still have two days until my next weigh in and I really, really hope I see a loss. I don't know what I'll do if I don't. My recommended calorie intake to lose weight is around 2000 calories, and I've been eating around 1200, so... gah, I wish I could just be relaxed about losing weight, but it's something I think about and worry about all the time.

Anyway, I skipped breakfast today because I had a headache and went back to bed. I'm going to have a late lunch/early dinner of skinless & boneless chicken thighs and feta salad. Maybe a couple of apples later. And lots of iced water. :)

Oh, please be careful, hon, 1,200 calories a day is nowhere near enough for you. Do try to get it up to the 2,000, or you're in danger of going into starvation mode and not losing anything in the long run. Start off much higher and gradually decrease - with a long journey ahead of you it's what you really need to do. I'm almost at the end of mine and still won't go as low as 1,200, so I was really concerned when I read that you're doing it at such an early stage. Take care. :) xx

I didn't aim for 1200 on purpose, but after planning out my meals for the next few days and logging what I've been eating recently, it's all coming in at around the 1200 mark. Sometimes less. I don't feel hungry, though. If I upped my caloric intake I'd have to either eat more than I want to, or slosh olive oil over everything!

The way I see it is if I eat when I'm hungry and until I'm satisfied and make sure my diet is varied, it'll balance out in the end. And in the mean time, I have plenty of fat reserves for my body to live off! Lol :)

ellaye said:
I didn't aim for 1200 on purpose, but after planning out my meals for the next few days and logging what I've been eating recently, it's all coming in at around the 1200 mark. Sometimes less. I don't feel hungry, though. If I upped my caloric intake I'd have to either eat more than I want to, or slosh olive oil over everything!

The way I see it is if I eat when I'm hungry and until I'm satisfied and make sure my diet is varied, it'll balance out in the end. And in the mean time, I have plenty of fat reserves for my body to live off! Lol :)

Ok, just be careful, you will lose weight at first, but then it will probably stop and you won't be able to reduce your cals any further. Try more calorie dense foods like cheese, nuts etc. of you're struggling to get enough in. Eat more to lose more as they say! :) xx

Well, I've just stuffed myself with two big bowls of carrot & celeriac soup and some slices of tiger bread so I think I'm closer to 1600-1700 calories for the day now. :)

ellaye said:
Well, I've just stuffed myself with two big bowls of carrot & celeriac soup and some slices of tiger bread so I think I'm closer to 1600-1700 calories for the day now. :)

Yay, that's good. :) xx

I feel guilty for eating it. :/ In fact, I feel guilty for eating most things. Every time I weigh myself, it hovers around 27st 3lbs-8lbs and I don't understand why. It dropped to 27st last Wednesday, but now I've gained some of that back and I feel useless for it. I had a jar of "to lose" and "lost" marbles and now I'm going to have to take some from the "lost" jar and put them back. What an epic fail.

It's not like I eat badly. I weigh everything, I point it correctly and even double check online just to make sure my calculator is accurate. I eat fresh fruit & veggies, good carbs, lean meat. I don't blow my points on chocolate or prepackaged foods. I don't know where I'm going wrong. I don't exercise, but that's a serious anxiety issue for me so I'm trying to lose weight by calorie restriction until I'm in slightly better physical shape. But it doesn't seem to want to happen. :(

I started 2014 feeling so positive, and now two weeks in I feel like I've already messed up.

ellaye said:
I feel guilty for eating it. :/ In fact, I feel guilty for eating most things. Every time I weigh myself, it hovers around 27st 3lbs-8lbs and I don't understand why. It dropped to 27st last Wednesday, but now I've gained some of that back and I feel useless for it. I had a jar of "to lose" and "lost" marbles and now I'm going to have to take some from the "lost" jar and put them back. What an epic fail.

It's not like I eat badly. I weigh everything, I point it correctly and even double check online just to make sure my calculator is accurate. I eat fresh fruit & veggies, good carbs, lean meat. I don't blow my points on chocolate or prepackaged foods. I don't know where I'm going wrong. I don't exercise, but that's a serious anxiety issue for me so I'm trying to lose weight by calorie restriction until I'm in slightly better physical shape. But it doesn't seem to want to happen. :(

I started 2014 feeling so positive, and now two weeks in I feel like I've already messed up.

You have not messed up, you mustn't think like that! All weight loss is a matter of experimentation, to find out what works for you. I know what you mean about feeling guilty about eating - I still have that to a certain extent, even after losing 9.5 stone - but it's something that does lessen over time. Once you establish a more balanced relationship with food, it will get easier, I promise. You need to eat enough for your body not to feel threatened, like it's being starved, because that's when it will hold onto its fat reserves.

Try not weighing yourself for a while, so that when you do you'll have a decent loss. As long as you know you're eating right, it will come off, but if you keep weighing you'll get despondent about the normal fluctuations, as you are now.

And don't worry about not exercising, that can come later once you've established the healthy eating. I've done no exercise at all, and have still practically halved my body weight- I'm not in any way claiming that that's the best way to do it, because it's not, but it absolutely is possible. I just needed to do it that way for health reasons.

Again, please don't think you're messing up - you're at the start of a long road and you just need to find your way, we all do. :) xx

Last edited:
Brill advice from TracyGWill. I think you need you try and not be so hard on yourself hun :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

hi ella
i back the girls totally do not be hard on yourself love your doing nothing wrong and i do lnow where you are coming from i really do x

I was having a whiny moment last night, lol. I got myself worked up to the point where I cried, and I hadn't cried for a couple of weeks (which is a loooong time for me!) but I'm feeling better now.

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow, and then put the scales away for two weeks. If I haven't lost weight by then, I will tweak what I'm doing and then try again for another two weeks until I find what works for me.

Breakfast this morning was a glass of iced water with fresh sliced orange & vanilla bean and a bowl of blueberries.

I had groceries delivered this morning so I've got all my food planned out for the next week, so no chance of bingeing on things I shouldn't. :)

I was having a whiny moment last night, lol. I got myself worked up to the point where I cried, and I hadn't cried for a couple of weeks (which is a loooong time for me!) but I'm feeling better now.

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow, and then put the scales away for two weeks. If I haven't lost weight by then, I will tweak what I'm doing and then try again for another two weeks until I find what works for me.

Glad you're feeling more positive. That's a really good idea about the scales. :) xx

It'll be a struggle but if I take them out of the bathroom and put them in the spare bedroom's wardrobe, that'll make it easier.

I've just eaten several pieces of plain/lean roast chicken and a handful of salad. I've always liked healthy foods but it's surprising just how much I'm enjoying them. And the flavoured waters! OMG. I don't know why I didn't make these sooner. So delicious and refreshing. I have some blueberries, so I might see what combos I can find online. And right now I'm sipping lime, cucumber & basil water. It sounds weird, but it's really lovely. Probably my favourite out of the three I've tried so far.

I must admit, I did cave earlier and eat two Weight Watchers bars, but they won't take me over my points allowance so I'm not going to beat myself up over it. They're not that nice though, so I'm disappointed I wasted 4PP on them!

So, I have to go into town tomorrow. Ugh. Hate! But I'll have a mooch around Boots for a few bits and retail therapy is always nice. :)

It's my final weigh in for the next two weeks tomorrow. Eek! I'm nervous and I don't know why. But whatever the scales say, it's going be better than what it said on January 1st so that's something at least. :)

I've decided calorie counting is better suited to me than Weight Watchers. Not that they're much different, but I like the control of calorie counting. That said, I'm still going to be using the Weight Watchers approach to choosing foods, in the sense that it encourages choosing healthy options, so that you get more bang for your buck. Or, in this case, more noms for my calories.

Food for tomorrow isn't looking too exciting, but it's all stuff I enjoy eating so that will make it easier to stick to.

Breakfast
50g Bran Flakes
150ml Almond Milk*
1 medium banana
Approx. 320 cals

Lunch
6" turkey & ham with honey mustard from Subway
Venti skinny sugar free latte from Starbucks
Approx. 525 cals

Dinner
175g chicken
200g sweet potato
150g low fat cottage cheese
2 bags of Birdseye steam veggies
Approx. 600 cals

I'll probably venture into Tesco on my way home because I want to pick to some Babybel to have as snacks through the week.

...I'm totally delaying going to bed by writing this. I have to get up at 6am but instead of sleeping, I'm faffing. Typical.

ella
your day tomorrow sounds lovely good luck on your w.i. tomorrow
night night sweet dreams x

Well, I weighed in this morning and I'd put back on 4lbs that I lost in the first week. So, that's disappointing.

But I am thinking positively and reminding myself that I lost 13lbs in the first week so that 4lbs "gain" will just be my body balancing out, as I think a lot of the 13lbs was water I had retained from all the carbs over Christmas, but that still means I'm down by 9lbs. And 9lbs in two weeks is good!

So, yeah. It would have been nice to see a loss, but I think expecting to lose a stone in two weeks was unrealistic and a 9lb loss is perfectly acceptable.

I'm in Starbucks at the moment. I opted for a tall skinny vanilla spice latte. A few more calories than I would have liked, but I'm still under my 1500 allowance. Oh, and I splurged on a whole 1/4 cup of blueberries on my cereal this morning for a whopping 20 cals. Oink! Lol.

I think, as long as I am strict with how many calories I eat and choose good foods rather than junk, there's no reason why the weight won't come off. But, it is something I'm worried about so I'm going to keep a strict food diary on MFP and if I haven't lost anything when I weigh myself in two weeks. I will make an appointment with my doctor for a blood test to rule any medical issues out. I hope it won't come to that, though. I hate needles!

By the way, if anyone else uses MFP, my username on there is ellaye26 - add me if you want to. :)

Hi ellaye, don't feel down about putting on 4lbs as 9lbs over two weeks is good. Your daily food diaries look lovely. I think I will use some of your ideas. At the moment I am house bound as I am in a cast with a broken foot but hopefully in a few weeks I will be out and about again and able to go to the supermarket to look for new ideas for my diet. Keep up the good work you can and will do it.

Thank you! We will ALL do it :) I have a feeling 2014 will be a great year for all of us.

One of the bonuses of being a fat lass is that I am a dab hand in the kitchen! Lol. Although, I haven't cooked up as much stuff as I would like to lately. I think I need to get a bit more used to a strict caloric budget before I experiment more.

And yeah, if I'd lost 5lb in the first week and 4lb the second, I'd be ecstatic, so I don't know why I'm being a grump about it. I suppose because the 13lbs loss was such a boost that it almost feels like I'm going backwards? But hey ho, 9lbs is 9lbs!

I was naughty and bought some Lindt chocolate while I was out. I bought two bags of the mini eggs and one each of the mini bear & rabbit chocolates. 120 cals for 4 mini eggs and 60 cals for a bear or rabbit so not too bad - as long as I can ration them! I guess that's something I need to learn though. I looooove chocolate and will happily munch my way through obscene amounts, so I have to learn portion control. I WILL learn portion control!

Someone needs to invent a little machine that dispenses chocolate once a day and once you've had your amount it won't dispense any more for 24hrs. Like a gumball machine but better. Hmm... I wonder if Dragon's Den would be interested?!

Well, I weighed in this morning and I'd put back on 4lbs that I lost in the first week. So, that's disappointing.

But I am thinking positively and reminding myself that I lost 13lbs in the first week so that 4lbs "gain" will just be my body balancing out, as I think a lot of the 13lbs was water I had retained from all the carbs over Christmas, but that still means I'm down by 9lbs. And 9lbs in two weeks is good!

So, yeah. It would have been nice to see a loss, but I think expecting to lose a stone in two weeks was unrealistic and a 9lb loss is perfectly acceptable.

I'm in Starbucks at the moment. I opted for a tall skinny vanilla spice latte. A few more calories than I would have liked, but I'm still under my 1500 allowance. Oh, and I splurged on a whole 1/4 cup of blueberries on my cereal this morning for a whopping 20 cals. Oink! Lol.

I think, as long as I am strict with how many calories I eat and choose good foods rather than junk, there's no reason why the weight won't come off. But, it is something I'm worried about so I'm going to keep a strict food diary on MFP and if I haven't lost anything when I weigh myself in two weeks. I will make an appointment with my doctor for a blood test to rule any medical issues out. I hope it won't come to that, though. I hate needles!

By the way, if anyone else uses MFP, my username on there is ellaye26 - add me if you want to. :)
hi ell
i think you have got it nailed there give it a few more weeks like you said x

Back