250lbs To Lose

Be careful with all that chocolate in the house trying to tempt you to eat it all. I sometimes have a choc options drink when I want to gorge myself with chocolate. It is not as good but it takes me longer to drink than eating a big choc bar.

Be careful with all that chocolate in the house trying to tempt you to eat it all. I sometimes have a choc options drink when I want to gorge myself with chocolate. It is not as good but it takes me longer to drink than eating a big choc bar.
i will not have choclate in the house cause i know i would eat the lot x x

Well, I successfully managed to limit myself to a mini Lindt bear (10g/60 calories) and 4 mini Lindt eggs (20g/120 calories) today. It would have taken me over my calorie allowance, but I decided I wouldn't eat cottage cheese with my dinner and that balanced it out.

It sounds silly, but it's a minor victory for me because a couple of weeks ago, I would have eaten all the chocolate and the cottage cheese and thought, "ah well, I can start over tomorrow!" but this time I was sensible about it.

Anyway, food today was 50g Bran Flakes, 150ml almond milk, a banana, 1/4 blueberries and 1/4 raspberries for breakfast. Lunch was a can of ASDA Thai chicken soup from their healthy range, a couple Ryvitas, a Babybel cheese and an apple. Dinner was chicken tikka, mashed sweet potato with cinnamon & dried chilli flakes and a couple bags of steam veg. Snacks were a Babybel, the chocolate and a stick of gum.

I've also drunk 3.5 litres of water today, using 100ml of squash to make it less bland.

Total calories 1500/1500.

I'm using MFP to track calories, but I'm creating my own food entries so that I can be 100% sure the calories are accurate. Well, I say accurate... I've rounded them all up so I'm probably between 5-10 calories under really, but it's better than being 5-10 calories over!

Another thing I'm doing to keep myself from eating too much is getting everything sorted the night before. I've weighed out my cereal, my berries are portioned out and in the fridge, I've got an apple and banana at the front of the cupboard next to my can of soup, plus my snacks for the day. That way, I am less likely to graze. It's there, it's what I can have, and that's that.

Drinking plenty of water is helping me avoid stuffing my face. And I've gotten up to pee so many times it must count as exercise lol

lol lol ell i have noticed since i have stopped having bread and having ryvita instead im going to the loo the bread must have been soaking it up lololol i only have it now at weekends x

I ordered some groceries for next week from ASDA. Cheerios, almond milk & bananas for breakfasts, more soup, Ryvitas & apples for lunches and wholewheat pasta, sauces and frozen mixed veg for dinners. Oh, and cheese, Space Raiders and chocolate for snacks. Healthy! Lol.

I am going to switch up what I eat every week or so, just because it's easier for me to work out calories that way.

good on you ell your doing great x

Today wasn't so good. :/

I ate breakfast, but just before lunchtime I had to go out, so I shoved some Babybel and Space Raiders in my mouth and went out. Around 3pm I made a sandwich and ate an apple at my sister's house, ate a mini Kinder thing my nephew gave me, and then went home. But I get motion sickness really bad, so I had a couple of pieces of gum in the car and when I got in, I are some chocolate and some more Space Raiders cuz the only thing that helps the nausea is eating something light. Then I made dinner. Over all, I had an extra 350 cals. But on the plus side, MFP suggested 2070 cals for weight loss, and I are 1850 so while I went over my own allowance, I was still under.

ell
thats it so you did not got over tomorrow is another day and your doing good x

My MFP thing seems to have died. :/

The app logged me out and wouldn't load, and when I checked the website, all my entries had disappeared. Grrrr. They were all my own entries too, so now I need to find out the calorie content for everything and do it all again! Annoying. And I can't log back in on the app either, but I did make a new username. It's ellayellaye if you want to add me again :)

its been doing that to a lot of people

hi coffeecup hi ellya how are you both today x x

I'm good thanks, how are you?

Today has been ok food wise. Breakfast was cereal, almond milk and a banana, and I skipped lunch because I knew I was going to have a big dinner of roasted pork loin, sweet potato & celeriac mash and steamed veggies, but I snacked on an apple, two Babybel and two bags of Space Raiders. I'm still under though, so I can't complain too much!

I have tweaked my calorie allowance and put it at 1700. Everything I've read says around 1900-2000 to lose weight and I remembered what I was told on here, about it being easier to start off at a higher calorie allowance and reduce it over time. I don't want to sabotage myself by putting it too low and being hungry, bingeing and wanting to give up.

I notice I keep wanting to eat out of boredom or habit which is hard to break but I'll manage :)

Good idea about the highet calories, hon, it really is best. Keep going, we're all behind you (but not in a creepy, stalkerish way!). :) xx

Last edited:
You can do this ellaye. Sometimes if you are really hungry a few wafer slices of ham or a hard boiled egg are better at filling you up for longer than a quick fix biscuit or crisps.

Hey subscribing to your journey x x

The advice about eating enough calories is a good - I speak from experience. A year ago I lost a couple of stone, only to plateau and then give up. In hind sight my only problem was not eating enough, and so my body refused to lose weight. This time I am making sure I eat enough – I am a big believer in routine, and if you can get into a routine that ensures you eat enough you will find ti works in the long run (at east that’s my hope based on the success stories on here!)

I have also taken Tracy’s advice and have now stopped weighing myself every week. If I had a good result it was a boost, but when the loss wasn’t what I thought it would be, I was finding it resulted in my binging. Ideally I would like to be able to cope with bad weeks without turning to food, but since that isn’t possible yet I am going to only weight myself every month or so.

Good luck on your journey :)

I've set my MFP at 1700 because to lose 2lb a week, it gave me 2070, so it's only another .5lb by cutting it down an extra 300 a day. I'm eating a decent breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, so I don't feel deprived. I see some people on MFP with their target at 1200, eating 900 and exercising off 300 so only having a net intake of 600 or thereabouts and I'm like HOW ARE YOU NOT HUNGRY ALLLLL THE TIME?!

I had Cheerios, unsweetened almond milk & a banana for breakfast, a ham salad sandwich made with 2 pieces of ham, approx. 100g each of cucumber & lettuce, a medium tomato and 1/2 tbsp mayo, an apple, some cheese, crisps & chocolate for lunch, and I'm going to have 100g dried pasta, 200g frozen veggies, sauce & Parmesan cheese for dinner. I'm aiming for 3 litres of water again today. It shouldn't be too difficult as I'm almost 1.5 litres down and it's only lunchtime :)

I had a big Sunday dinner last night with roast pork, crackling, mashed sweet potato/celeriac and steamed carrots, leeks & green beans. No gravy or oil, but I estimated it around 900 cals for the whole thing.

I was bad and weighed myself this morning. I'm now down 14lbs since I first started the diet on the 1st. It works out at around 4.5lbs a week. So, even though I lost 13lb in the first week and gained 4lb back (water weight) it still works out at 4.5lb a week which I'm pleased with. Even 2lb a week would be good. I like the big losses and it's hard not to compare my losses to other peoples, but if it's coming off, it's coming off. That's the main thing!

And I haven't been weighing myself daily though, so that's good. I'm going to try to avoid weighing myself again until the 1st Feb and then aim for once every fortnight. In fact, I might have a play around with my phone's calendar and set all my weigh in days in advance so I know when to check.

Back