25lbs to shed to unleash skinny Steph! (don't worry, I didn't eat her...)

Hi guys & girls!

I'm Steph :-D I'm almost 28 and I'm on a mission to lose 25lbs in 5months, in time for our family hol in Italy.

I have 3 delicious children, (oh god, did I say "delicious"?! Food on the brain! Lol :-/ ) my eldest will be 8 next month and my youngest just turned one, and sadly we lost a little boy at 20 weeks of pregnancy in Aug 2008 :'-( I think my weight gain is as a result of so many pregnancies in quick succession.... That and tons of comfort eating!!

Food is important in our house, the evening meal is a highlight, where we all get together and talk about the days we've had. We love to go out for dinner and can be total fast-food junkies too :-/

To try and combat the calories, both DH and I have joined the gym :) we've been working-out at least a few days a week, and we've lost a little, but not as much as we could.

So here goes, I think we might start on the WW diet, It seems like a good plan for us, we still need to eat "regular" food, I don't want to cook different meals for us and the kids, so WW seems a good option? What do you reckon?

I'm really pleased I found this site, I'm looking forward to motivating and encouraging others and receiving some much-needed support and encouragement myself too... :-D

Thanks for reading, looking forward to getting to know you!

Xxxx

7lb down 25lb to go!! Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Steph and welcome!

WW sounds like a good thing to do so you can cook the same things for the whole family.

Just keep thinking about your holiday in Italy, it's the thought of my holiday this year that's keeping me going so far, want to buy lots of nice clothes and feel comfortable lying on the beach!

Good luck, I look forward to seeing how you get on! :)

Thank you :)

Can't wait to go holiday shopping! i'd love to gain enjoyment out of clothes shopping again, feels like ages since I bought something because I like it, and not just because it might cover my stomach, or whatever! Lol

Where are you off to on hols? Xx

Last edited:
Exactly! I want to be able to go into shops and basically pick up a size 12 or 14 and no pretty much it will fit!

We are going to Cancun in Mexico, been before and I absolutely love it! :D

Hi Steph & welcome from a fellow newbie! Our main meal is at night too, and like you, I don't want to be cooking separate stuff for the kids. WW sounds a good choice. I've got a lot to lose so hoping that cutting down portion size/increasing the veg instead will still allow me to lose. When I've lost a bit & it seems I'm sticking, then I'd consider going for more of a calorie/points counted thing.

Thank you! :)

Am resisting temptation to weigh myself obsessively now I've started SW diet... Really want to lose something, anything, before next weigh in! Fingers crossed!

Best of luck to you guys too!

Xxx

Back