26 Years today R.I.P. PC Keith Blakelock

Maximus

Gold Member
Probably not mean much to many, it was big news it the time when Keith Blakelock was killed after rioting at the Broadwater Farm Estate in Tottenham.

Keith was from the Sunderland area originally, and his wife Liz worked with my mother. Still cannot believe when something like this happens to anyone, let alone people you know.

you'd think people might have learned lessons about rioting:confused:

I remember this, but I daresay most of the recent rioters weren't even born when this happened. It would mean nothing to them.

Obviously to you personally this is a much more significant event, but its a sad fact that people really do never really remember or learn things that don't personally concern them in some way. As far as rioting goes, its a deliberate cocking of a snoop at the law generally, or a protest at a situation that gets out of hand. Most people generally try to be law abiding or decent human beings, you'll note that I said OR there, because people have their own personal morality which doesn't always equate with what the law states - but the fact that they may break a particular law doesn't automatically make them a "bad" person.

I hope he and all the other men and women who have lost their lives in the line of their work or doing what they believe to be the right thing, rest peacefully.

Back