Food Addicts Not Anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the first step is acknowledging it happens.. what's the next step?

Well done for getting that far !!

The next step is to face up to the fact that no one else can do this for you. Only you can do it AND you know you can.

The next step is to ask yourself what is more important to you. A few moments of gratification or the immense satisfaction of knowing you are in control of your body and not it in control of you.

The next step is to put yesterday firmly where it belongs........... in yesterday, and get on with today.

Ask yourself, do you really want to do this. Do you want to be a slimmer, more active, healthier you or do you want to end up *enjoying* all the things you know harm you ( weight wise) and piling on even more weight.

You have come this far. Don't throw it away.

You can always come here to us as we are sooo qualified to know where you are at because we have all been there.

hugs xxxxxxxx

hi girls:)
kellierocks,i hope you are feeling stronger today.
totally agree with what everyone has said.

i had to search for my strength too yesterday,after a couple of days of dropping my gaurd,and remind myself(while looking at another row of the hospital shop made sandwiches....mmm,very healthy for a hospital...not!)that i am the boss of me!!
that is where the buck stops.no one else can do it,only me!
and i've been on this treadmill now for so many years,and get so unhappy about my weight on and off that i have to really take controll,and believe in my own strength.
it wont stop the bad things in life from happening,but at least when we come out the other side,we wont have stored up something else to beat ourselves up about.got to keep trying.
we can and will do this.
power to you girl.
power to all of us!xx

Thanks for that very encouraging and positive aid for Kellierocks.

You are doing so well and heading in the right direction.

Nothing is as good as the feeling of satisfaction and achievement when you manage to beat your gremlins.

Hi girls

just wanted to thank sarah and sue for your support

im back on track now very foccused so thanks again reading my thread back makes me blush..however onwards and upwards

my friend that intoduced me to sw advised that i could be deprving my syns during the week too much and im not meant to save them for vodka so that means im really craving sugar and things so im meant to take small treats in moderation

I think the problemis that im trying to get a house so im saving away and im in between my parents and my partners parents so when theres no sw related food(when i get hungry i must eat anything)

that day i just took my indulgence and ran a mile with it

but really thanks so much..to answer a question though this is the only support i get and not too sure on how to work this forum im a newby....i have 2 sw books and my directory

to be fair as im on the go a lot most of my meals are likes of marshalls mac pasta sauces mug shots and veg

hex bs i like my bread
crackerbreads wholegrain
alpen light bars
allbran

a's cheese and philly spread

:eek::eek::wave_cry::wave_cry::p;);):p

happy slimming everyone

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi girls, may i join please?

my name is jill and i am a food addict...

ive been overweight from i was about 16, i have been on every diet going and do really well for first few days, then something tiggers off in me and i just eat and eat and eat!! even when i feel full up to the fact im near sick i still continue to eat :eek:. that can go on for days. infact ive know to put on 7lbs over a few days because i eat that much..

i really hate myself for it, infact i hate myself full stop. i dont have many friends, i stopped going out on girlie nights cause i was so ashamed of my size and always thought people would stare and laugh at the state of me.

i have re-joined sw 2 weeks ago now and have lost 6lbs. i really want to make ago of it this time and try work through my battles with food, so im really glad ive found this thread that i can talk to you guys and hopefully stop myself from bingeing.

thanks xx

Hi MARSHMELLOW !!

As Kristin said you are not alone. Not by any means.

SW is perhaps the perfect answer for anyone who has a tendency to binge eating. With the generous lists of free foods it is so easy to eat and be contented with what you have eaten.

You will find after a while that eating the SW way becomes a normal and natural way to eat.

Recipes abound, recipes that fulfill any whim you might have.

If I feel the need for something sweet there is so much to choose from, from Options drinks to free yogurts.

Please keep coming here. There will always be someone to listen to you and to help you.

hugs

Hi girls

just wanted to thank sarah and sue for your support

im back on track now very foccused so thanks again reading my thread back makes me blush..however onwards and upwards

my friend that intoduced me to sw advised that i could be deprving my syns during the week too much and im not meant to save them for vodka so that means im really craving sugar and things so im meant to take small treats in moderation

I think the problemis that im trying to get a house so im saving away and im in between my parents and my partners parents so when theres no sw related food(when i get hungry i must eat anything)

that day i just took my indulgence and ran a mile with it

but really thanks so much..to answer a question though this is the only support i get and not too sure on how to work this forum im a newby....i have 2 sw books and my directory

to be fair as im on the go a lot most of my meals are likes of marshalls mac pasta sauces mug shots and veg

hex bs i like my bread
crackerbreads wholegrain
alpen light bars
allbran

a's cheese and philly spread

:eek::eek::wave_cry::wave_cry::p;);):p

happy slimming everyone

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi. I am sorry I haven't acknowledged your reply before now.

I am so pleased you are back on track. That must be such a relief for you.

If you are between homes and have a problem with food supplies why not buy some fruit, apples etc. to munch on at nibbles times. Yogurt is a great standby.

You will find your way around the site in time. Meanwhile good places to look are at the syns thread and the recipe threads. It is also a good idea to start a food diary.

hugs xxx

Em

Big hug.
Deprivation never works, our bodies' seem to react in the opposite way adn we end up eating everything. A family member of mine is on SW and it is working for her, about 2 stone she has lost now, and she is very balanced in how she approaches her syns.

give this site time, adn wander into different places, you will find people who cna support you. Are there people around you who can help also? what about your mum? or your partner's mum? I have a good friend in my corner who will always tell me the truth if I ever gain weight again- and its not an idle threat! (i hide away when i eat and don't admit what I'm doing so she is being my mirror of truth)

Support is important but I thoroughly believe accepting yourself as you is even bigger. You have to love yourself .Embrace yourself.

hi girls, may i join please?

my name is jill and i am a food addict...

ive been overweight from i was about 16, i have been on every diet going and do really well for first few days, then something tiggers off in me and i just eat and eat and eat!! even when i feel full up to the fact im near sick i still continue to eat :eek:. that can go on for days. infact ive know to put on 7lbs over a few days because i eat that much..

i really hate myself for it, infact i hate myself full stop. i dont have many friends, i stopped going out on girlie nights cause i was so ashamed of my size and always thought people would stare and laugh at the state of me.

i have re-joined sw 2 weeks ago now and have lost 6lbs. i really want to make ago of it this time and try work through my battles with food, so im really glad ive found this thread that i can talk to you guys and hopefully stop myself from bingeing.

thanks xx

Jill
7 lb gain- yip can do that and beat that! eat til i feel sick and keep eating- yip can do that.

have just seen a photo, of a time i did not think i was at my biggest (!) and OMG- BAD BAD BAD
Jill, hiding away does not serve you or the world. I hope that through SW you regain some confidence and enjoy meeting people.

It does not matter what your size is, it is important to love yourself- firstly it can reduce binge eating and help control negative emotions. Secondly you are worth more. You are more than your size.

good luck, mind yourself

I can only tell you what does it for me.

I see you are not on SW so I do not know how valid this would be for you.

The important part about binge eating for me is that I am eating. Not what I am eating. On the days that happens I eat free food in enormous quantities. I am sensible enough to realise that even free food has its limits before it becomes *dangerous*.

For example I will eat 2 even 3 yogurts, make an onion omelet, still using fry light, chop celery, red peppers, apple, melon, pear, put the lot in a container and pick all day on that. I will make a *free soup* of tinned tomatoes and lentils spiced up with cumin, garam masala and 5 spice.

All this means my eating has to be green day eating.

It works for me and I am still losing weight and am not far from target.

Hope this helps a little.

hugs.

filly and kristin- thank you.
Filly I did what you said, allowing myself home made foods yesterday, and feel much better today.

Kristin- reasons.
1. Work has been high level stress, and once the public event was done, all the behind the scenes stuff that had been left needed to be done. There are now 2 more big events in 2 weeks
2. Coupled with running for NY
3. makes me a very tired lady. I knew I needed rest but could not afford myself any and thus
4. I started to eat for more energy
5. Then thought I'd give myslef an evening or 3 off running
6. Downward spiral of not exercising- eating- eating-eating
7. sacrificing run time for work

Also had a wedding and 3 nights out with friends at a time when I should ve been saying, sorry guys, NY marathon, I need my zzzzzs.

So slowly I think I am emerging, although the next 3 days I will be away with work and it will be difficult.

Thanks folks

filly and kristin- thank you.
Filly I did what you said, allowing myself home made foods yesterday, and feel much better today.

Kristin- reasons.
1. Work has been high level stress, and once the public event was done, all the behind the scenes stuff that had been left needed to be done. There are now 2 more big events in 2 weeks
2. Coupled with running for NY
3. makes me a very tired lady. I knew I needed rest but could not afford myself any and thus
4. I started to eat for more energy
5. Then thought I'd give myself an evening or 3 off running
6. Downward spiral of not exercising- eating- eating-eating
7. sacrificing run time for work

Also had a wedding and 3 nights out with friends at a time when I should ve been saying, sorry guys, NY marathon, I need my zzzzzs.

So slowly I think I am emerging, although the next 3 days I will be away with work and it will be difficult.

Thanks folks

Glad to see that you are getting back on track.

You know you can do it. It just takes a bit of willpower and anyone who can run full marathons and be accepted for the NY marathon must have bucket loads of that.

Stick with,

hugs xxxxxxxxx

It's so refreshing to read this thread. I'm a food addict. I've even tried speaking friends about it but they just say ' No you're not you just like your food!!' It's as if I'm trying to make an excuse for my eating habits.

They don't see me ordering family sized meal deals from Dominoes and eating the lot on my own in secret until I feel sick though. All's because I was feeling lonely and bored.

There's the other group of people too. The type who just say 'just go for a run' when you are saying you're having a fat day. If it was as easy as that I'd be a skinny minnie already. They wouldn't tell an anorexic just to get a burger down them!!!

People's relationships with food is so complex. I'm determined to get a grip on it and move away from the 'feast or famine' mindset I seem to have which follows on from binge then guilt.

People's relationships with food is so complex. I'm determined to get a grip on it and move away from the 'feast or famine' mindset I seem to have which follows on from binge then guilt.
The fact that you can see how complex your relationship with food is is the first step to controlling your eating and being able to use the SW plan or any other weight loss plan successfully.

All our lives food is used as a reward, food becomes FOOD with capital letters and takes on a special significance so it is no wonder some of us have a problem with it.

Special occasions are celebrated with FOOD. FOOD becomes the trophy and at the same time the enemy.

You are addressing your problem by recognising it. For me it is no different than an addiction to drink or drugs and once we have learnt to eat within the boundaries of what is correct for ourselves on a personal level we can never go back. It is a lifetimes thing. It is no different to an alcoholic taking that first drink after having abstained for years..........we can not do it.

The hard part is not losing the weight. Te hard part is maintaining the loss and these pages are the ideal pace to be for that.

I wish you luck,

hugs xxx

I'm a binger! and when I oversyn I count calories which I shouldn't do! recently I've noticed I sometimes enjoy losing control and eating packets of biscuits and multipacks of crisps and chocolate and for a little while not caring what I look like. I need to change this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back