First (and only!) Cambridge Journey

Hey there! I start out quite well but then seem to lose slower than alot of others my size. I guess like everything else, we're all different. It's hard not to compare but you are losing, you're losing regularly and although you can lose 2lbs on other diets (WW for eg) would you? I don't, which is why I continue to plod through. With this you KNOW that if you stick to it you WILL drop. Try and keep your spirits up and your focus on your goals - imagine the possibilities. Think about your water, activity and speak with your consultant - they've seen it all. Good luck!

Thanks for your comments, you're totally right, I've tried weight watchers before and I find you have too much freedom on it so you have something and think I'll make it up later and you never do! Haha! I'll keep going, I'm going to try and get to the gym this week, hopefully that will help me to achieve my 4lbs aim this week

Quick update - 2 days off became 4 days off! Started on Friday night with a small takeaway, ate all weekend trying to cram all the good stuff in (which was disappointing in the end and I just made myself feel sick!) carried on into Monday despite intending to restart then, but was at a course in a Hilton hotel and sat with my peers on the course was easier to just eat than draw attention to myself, which I'm glad I did as on our way home we were stuck in a traffic jam for 3 hours, all we could do was eat to pass the time so I'm glad I wasn't on plan that day. And the verdict - 3.5 pounds on, really not bad for what I ate! Only downside is I'm back off water flavourings for the week while my body gets back to Ketosis etc. feel fine now 2 days back in, doing SS+ as need the milk for cuppas to ease my cold symptoms! I thought I'd feel dreadful back on no food but its the same as before :)

I'm glad to see you back! It is amazing sometimes how you can actually feel relieved to be back on the diet - it's like giving your system a rest. 3.5lbs is no damage at all, I'm sure you will have lost that and more by weight day!

Fab to hear that you are back on plan! It must have been nice to have some time away and get back into the plan nice and easily! Well done!

I am having a bit of an off day tomorrow, it's my birthday so feel I deserve a bit of a treat!

That 3lb will come off in no time at all :)

Starting Weight: 11st 7lb. Week 1 WI: -7lb (11st). Week 2 WI: -3lb (10st 11lb). Week 3 WI: -5lb (10st 6lb). Week 4 WI: -3lb (10st 3lb). Week 5 WI: -2lb (10st 1lb).

Hey d you have very similar stats to me. It's day 8 for me and I'm getting my weigh in today. I agree it's so difficult when others are eating lovely food but the feeling passes.
I am doing ss+ but i go on holiday in 12 days, I'm nervous I will have out back on all the weight I have lost. But my plan is to have2 shakes a day and eat normally on the night. I will also be drinking yikes.

ive found the hardest thing to give up is diet coke, so will definitely have that on holiday. When I get back its my birthday and my bfs birthday the following weekend, so we will go for a meal and BBQ. I deffo want to stick to the diet but I am allowing myself off days for special occasions, if I didnt I wouldn't be able to stick to it.

Hi d

We started round about same time. I laughed when I read about your interview blazer! I had an interview and my dress was halving me in two. Restricted my breathing! Now, 3 weeks on, it's baggy :)

Teacher?

X

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales! Go by shape.

I am missing the food now, so much for no dramas! Got that burning stomach feeling, on way back to Ketosis I guess! Although I miss the rubbish food I'm no where near giving up and trying to remember it was quite disappointing!

It's really great hearing from people with similar stats, I hunted to find someone's diary/ pictures that were similar to me!

Yes I teach ICT and Business at secondary :)

Carly are you enjoying your day off!?! Realised its our half way week, praying the second half goes quicker as CWP is more a way of life now and less of an obsessive novelty!! X

Hi D!

I had a fab day off on Thursday, I was still fairly good, I had a shake for breakfast and then I had two pieces of KFC chicken (minus the skin booo) I also had a mini doughnut, I went to a theme park so it would have been rude not too :) and some strawberries covered in chocolate yummy!

I ended up slightly off plan yesterday too... I had a shake for breakfast a nando's for lunch (chicken and salad) and then I had a couple of boiled eggs and half a bar for tea!

All in all a fab few days off I actually loved being able to indulge but stay in control... Cambridge must be doing something right :)

Back on plan today and having no issues! Are you still finding it ok back on plan after your time off? I am so interested to see whether I get a loss this week! X

Starting Weight: 11st 7lb. Week 1 WI: -7lb (11st). Week 2 WI: -3lb (10st 11lb). Week 3 WI: -5lb (10st 6lb). Week 4 WI: -3lb (10st 3lb). Week 5 WI: -2lb (10st 1lb).

Oh also I went shopping yesterday and managed to buy everything in a size 12 which I am so pleased about! Everything fits some are a little snug but seeing myself in better fitting clothes not only helped show off the weight loss so far but pointed out how terribly baggy all of my other clothes are :) x

I can't wait til I can buy size 12 jeans, never done it yet! You're cheats don't sound like cheats at all! It will be great if you still lose, ! I need another 2 days off at the end of July and going to be much more controlled but its a boozy occasion so I'm now dreading that as I don't want to stall things anymore.

I've found this week REALLY tough, perhaps because I haven't had that sensation of getting smaller knowing I put weight on. I really hope I lose my gain plus some more as I need motivation right now, been to cinema and felt badly done to then hubby and son had fish n chips n the smell was immense, I've felt like giving up and crying to be honest! But prior to all that I tried a few clothes on in the shops n I'm not feeling great yet so that has kept me going. I can't wait to get to step 3!! X

I feel like this week went from worst to worst :-( yesterday I had a tiny slither of a cake that I made for the family, a handful of some crispy things and I kept having little picks of things! I missed out on my lunch time product because of the picking but I did have a SS+ dinner and a bar.

I am really annoyed with myself and I am desperate to get back in the right frame of mind.

I also need to have some more time off in a couple of weeks for some boozy occasions too. I have two nights off in a row and I feel really nervous. I guess if I can be 100% up until then it should be ok but as I have struggled so much the past few days I am worried! I am half tempted to not really drink, maybe one or two - I am guessing that will be enough though :-D

Are you being weighed today? I am booked in at 4.30 so will let you know how I get on!

I normally weigh on Monday 5.30 but moved to tomorrow as consultant needed to. Well I have also crept things in so don't feel too bad, I am doing SS+ days yet still having a cuppa or two with milk even on the food days. On Thursday evening I licked (how desperate is that?!) about 7 Pringles coz my son was eating them next to me and yesterday at the cinema I ate 1 pink n blue fizzy bottle and 1 piece of popcorn. Had a long think about it last night and really guess I will need to avoid these situations more, once in the movie I had a cuppa and a CWP toffee bar and that was fine for me so in future I need to go get our seats while hubby n son get there delights!

I considered not drinking on my next time off (the only reason I'm really bothering with food) but given the nature of the event (girls afternoon drinking and night out in York staying in a hotel) it just seems like a terrible thing to miss out on. But I have learnt a lesson and food will be in moderation, it really wasn't when I was in Manchester I ate non-stop!

I wonder if some of you this week was thinking 'rather be hung for a sheep than a lamb'?? My thoughts behind my cheats are that they may knock Ketosis but I'm still on very low cals so inevitably it should still get weight off.

We are both on hump week too so feeling like we have been deprived so long n still ages to go in one sense.

Lets pledge a 100% week for week 7 x

That is absolutely the case (hung for a sheep instead of a lamb) I have definitely had a couple of unnecessary things because I took on the attitude, well I have cheated enough for this not to be any worst! It is the exact attitude that I didn't want and haven't had the entire time I have been on Cambridge!

Your comment on Pringle licking made me laugh, the worst thing I have done, it is gross so sorry in advance, is getting a slice of ham from the fridge, chewing it then feeling guilty so spitting it into the bin (then covering up the evidence).

I am definitely up for the 100% week and know I can do it, I have nothing this week to take me off plan so lets stick to that!

I will be 100% on SS+ rather than just SS. I have gotten used to having my little meal and I don't think that this far in it is going to effect my weight loss, if anything it helps keep me sane now! If I don't have a decent loss next Monday on SS+ I may drop back to SS.

Haha about the ham, licking crisps is worse though, especially when I offered them to the dog after hahaha

Yes I'll be pretty much SS+ this week too as it helps me, made chicken curry last week with just chicken, water and tandoori spice. Had it with cauliflower 'rice'. Another night I enjoyed an omelette between two leaves of Chinese leaf lettuce, satisfying as it was psychologically a sandwich!!!

Oh and getting some water flavouring tomorrow, missed it so bad this week!! X

So some how I have managed to lose just over 1lb... I guess still being cautious whilst cheating has paid off! Still need to be 100% to make sure it stays off, I am assuming I have been lucky so not taking any chances this week! My CWPC was sure to mention that sometimes people do get away with having off days but if they carry it on then it will back fire.

Ooh your chicken curry sounds interesting, I have literally just been having mushroom and spinach omelette as my meal so need to start spicing things up, how do you make the cauliflower rice? X

Just bought some of the sunshine orange water flavouring, I hadn't realised how sweet it would be, I had to tip it out and add a lot more water!

There wasn't any off the other flavour which I would have preferred so I will keep going with the orange and hopefully I will crack the right amount! X

I've had the orange, now trying the berry. They are quite an art to perfect, too little tastes like you've put a Splenda in and too much is too strong!

I lost 6lbs today so now hit my first stone, hopefully do the next stone in 5 weeks rather than 6! I'm sure I only lost so much coz of my gain last week, at least it came off quick, couldn't ask for better really x

Back