28 day kick start

Weston

Hiya everyone,
Hope all is well with your plans and losses. My name is sophie, last year i lost about 8 stone by DIY weight watchers, however i stopped smoking and put nearly a stone on. i plucked up the courage today to weigh myself and i nearly walked out of the shop in tears....seeing that 11 stone 5, i was so disheartened. But i am determined i am going to reach my goal weight of 9 and a half stone. it's going to be tough, but i'm going to do it, and with calorie counting, i feel it is the simplest and best way.

Anyway, i have dug out a weight loss plan to get me started, it is the Rosemary Conley inch loss, lose a stone in a month plan, i'm going to give it a good go. After the month is up, i will gradually increase my calorie intake so that i will have a steady loss, even if it is in between 1/2lb - 1lb.

I will post my diet diaries as this adds to my motivation. I love learning from all your diet diaries so please, keep them posted.

Enjoy what's left of the week x

Hi and welcome!:)
I stopped smoking over a month ago and so far I've msnaged to stay at my target weight( actually lost 3lbs!) but I'm on NRT so my metabolism hasn't been affected.
I'm fairly certain I'll gain after the nicotine leaves my system but am just glad I msnaged to stop and no amount of weight gain will change that! :)
I eat well and exercise regularly so that's more important to me than what the scales say!
Well done on kicking the fags, and now you can concentrate on the weight gain! :)
I wish you the very best of luck, and you will get ALL the support and advice you could wish for on minimins!
Claire
xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya Claire, thanks for your reply and encouragement. And well done you too, fags and maintainence. Just out of interest, what nrt were u on, i've been on patches....not a good look when wearing a vest top in the summer lol but they have been good.

Spot the non smoker.. There was me thinking you'd hit the N instead of the H :eek::eek:
Anyway.. You've brilliantly so far and think of it this way... Whats 28lb compared to losing 8stn???

Good luck. :)

Haha, that made me giggle, not quite at the HRT yet. Aww thanks for ur message though, the 28lbs/8stone is definitely a positive way to look at it. so it's onwards and downwards (the scales). x

Weston said:
Hiya Claire, thanks for your reply and encouragement. And well done you too, fags and maintainence. Just out of interest, what nrt were u on, i've been on patches....not a good look when wearing a vest top in the summer lol but they have been good.

I'm on the patches, just about to go down to the 15mg ones.
Did you gain weight after the NRT?
I've heard so much about how nicotine messes with metabolism.
You're right about the patches... NOT a good look at all! :-D

x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Nah it wasn't the patches, i just ate more to compensate for smoking, didn't know when to stop. It's all about the Ben and Jerrys, but i'm nipping it in the bud. I don't think nicotine messes too much with the metabolism but we both exercise, so that in itself speeds up ur metabolism. My friends lost weight, gave up smoking and still kept on losing so it just goes to show...lock on kitchen cupboards when eastenders is on i think lol

Congrats on your weight loss so far! That is amazing! Good luck with the last little bit!
Is there any chance you could post or PM me this diet plan you have?

Back