28st 28yo Man Finally Taking A Stand

Hi sieben! Good to see you here and very well done on your awesome progress so far.

I tend to batch cook and then freeze in individual portions, choosing free foods first to put in my meals, I stuff loads of veggies in my pasta bakes etc, make my pasta sauce from passata and add things like crushed garlic, Worcester sauce, balsamic vinegar, dried herbs etc
I haven't tried the slimming meals from Iceland as the local store is an two hour long trip for me, and my freezer space is limited!!
I'd like to try the sw burgers and sausages though!

Might try the burger in a bowl sometime soon!!

Have you got a slow cooker? You can make all sorts of sw friendly dinners with speed veg and free food
Hope you're having a good week!!

Hi everyone, my name is Matt and I recently turned 28, in both age and weight. I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I have tried to lose weight before, and had some success, losing 6st in 6 months a couple of years ago by limiting myself to 1200 calories a day. That however, was not sustainable and when I was promoted to a new, higher-stress job I completely lost it (both my mental health and control over my weight).

I had a breakdown in June which has caused be to re-evaluate my life somewhat and the first thing I need to change is my weight. I have discovered that it is the main cause of my anxiety and depression, and is the reason why I have low self-confidence and am unconfortable being around people that I don't know.

I have heard so many people talking about how much they enjoy going to SW so I thought I'd bite the bullet and join up. I was blown away by how friendly the consultant was and how welcoming the group were in general. I actually felt a bit teary-eyed because of the welcome I received.

I look forward to talking about my weight loss with anyone interested, and I would love it if you could give me any hints that you've picked up along your SW journeys. (I already know I'm going to struggle with fitting in a lot of speed veg).

First weigh-in comes this Thursday! (fingers crossed)

Matt x

Hi Matt, I'm 38 (years) and started at 28st around the same time as you. I'm happy to be around if you need a person of similar struggles. I've not had a breakdown but I do have lower level anxiety, a stressful job and stuff. Gimme a shout if you need...

So, I lost 10.5lbs this week. At least half of that though, was down to having a bout of Gastroenteritis which wasn't fun but apparently great for the weight loss. 3st7lbs in 8 weeks, I'm rather happy with that! Also got my club10! Our consultant asked us all for a Christmas target today - I've said I want to get to 6st. Here's hoping that I can do it.

Hi Matt, I'm 38 (years) and started at 28st around the same time as you. I'm happy to be around if you need a person of similar struggles. I've not had a breakdown but I do have lower level anxiety, a stressful job and stuff. Gimme a shout if you need...

Hey, thanks for that. Nice to have someone the same size as me to chat to. Same goes to you if you ever want to.

So, I lost 10.5lbs this week. At least half of that though, was down to having a bout of Gastroenteritis which wasn't fun but apparently great for the weight loss. 3st7lbs in 8 weeks, I'm rather happy with that! Also got my club10! Our consultant asked us all for a Christmas target today - I've said I want to get to 6st. Here's hoping that I can do it.

Hey, thanks for that. Nice to have someone the same size as me to chat to. Same goes to you if you ever want to.

Hi there! Well done! Only sorry you've been poorly, and hope you're feeling better soon!!
My second weigh in today, only 1.76lb off but I had a good week last week (6.36 lb off)- so I'm not overly disappointed!! I've tried out my new soup maker tonight, so I have syn free bacon bean and potato soup (my own recipe) for lunch tomorrow!!

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for that. Nice to have someone the same size as me to chat to. Same goes to you if you ever want to.[/QUOTE]

Good work man. I'm at 2 stone in 7 weeks, pretty happy with that! I'm all about the speed this week so who knows...

Back