28yo Guy .... Slimming World ??

Cheers thanks !! Yes I seen the notice about making sure passwords are not posted - and rightly so I can totally understand why !

Cheers thanks !! Yes I seen the notice about making sure passwords are not posted - and rightly so I can totally understand why !

Excellent! That's what we like to hear xxxx

paddy this forum and the ladies on here are priceless.

i jioned class once and didnt go back, i got the books and decied to go it alone.

without this forum i wouldnt have stuck to the diet, nothing is to much trouble for these girls.

fab diet i keep thinking im eating to much its fantastic.and im still losing weight

good luck on your new journey

Hi Padmund...

I'm new here, but not to Slimming World. Yes - these types of forums, and indeed the actual Slimming World groups can (and typically are) dominated by females and to be honest - it can be daunting as a bloke to go into the room wondering if we'll be the only male in there.

Most groups these days though, probably have at least one other bloke already there (i'm one of three in my group), but this doesn't put me off. and it doesn't seem to put the women off either.

At the end of the day - starting this journey is about making YOUR life better, for YOU, and by going to the group YOU are getting the support that YOU need to make this journey a success. The other people in the group will help/inspire/support YOU when you wish it (and you'll come out of a meeting feeling inspired anyhow) and in turn i'm sure you will help/inspire/support them by your journey. Does it matter if those offering the help/support/inspiration are male or female? Not at all.

Good luck with your journey and may you achieve your aims in doing so.

- and if you are the only bloke.. the girls will love it!

dens the only bloke at our group as iv already said, .. but we all have such a laugh with him.. i suppose the same way everyone looks after me, being the youngest, they kinda do him too! xx

Thank you everyone for all your nice messages !!

As for does it matter if its all women ? Nope not in the slightest, given that I'm gay I'll probably fit just right in lol, but its nice to have other lads there too - but either day as was pointed out by Ian im doing this for ME.

I am just so god darn eager to join. I have about 3 groups within a 5 min drive but they are not on till tues / wed/ thur and I really wanted to join today - so I seen a group thats about 2 mile away and I have phoned and they are open this evening so I am going along. The C on the phone said well done to me for wanting to join on a bank holiday !!

Im sooo excited ive bought the SW magazine to read through too (would be nice to have more male stuff in it.. hmm maybe ill write to them!)

Anyhow genuinely cant wait to get started its going to be FAB ! Especially with all you lovely people to keep me company on my journey :)

Journey.. hmm ... " Don't stop believing
Hold on to that feeling "

Enjoy yourself tonight... and best wishes.

Take time out to read and reread the books and get your head around the plan and it'll all be OK.

And if you are the only bloke - use your own success as you undertake the journey to encourage others to join.

Good luck for tonight - hope you enjoy your class!

And keep us updated with your progress!

Don't forget if you are not sure of anything just ask - everyone on here is brilliant and will try to answer any questions you have.

Amy x

the group i go to has 4 men 1 go it alone, 1 with his wife and 1 with his daughter. one of those is at target (and had to gain weight last week so that he didnt have to pay lol) my counselor is also a man :)

there was a post on here yesterday about a man who came 2nd in the SW biggest loser, think he lost 15 stone or something! so it can def be done, and of all the diets i have done along with my mom, this is bay far the easiest! i dont feel hungry or like im missing anything. have even eaten takeaway (indian) and made my own SW KFC (recipe on this site)

i think you do need to plan a little (but not much more then making sure you have food in the house!)

def give it a go and see what u think :)

Our group is mainly women, we have a couple of male members sometimes they stay to meetings sometimes not, but they are always made to feel very welcome. I think it depends on the individual whether or not you are comfortable staying in a meeting where the majority of members are women.
This site is a great support, good luck in your weight loss journey x

SO - I have joined !!!

Im looking through all the material, and the website and theres good bit to get used to I think. I want to spend some time planning my meals for the next week now to make it easier - but I think they key for me will be understanding whats "free" on the various options.

I think I might do the extra easy, thats what the C suggessted - what do you think ?

SO - I have joined !!!

Im looking through all the material, and the website and theres good bit to get used to I think. I want to spend some time planning my meals for the next week now to make it easier - but I think they key for me will be understanding whats "free" on the various options.

I think I might do the extra easy, thats what the C suggessted - what do you think ?

Well done hun! Why not start a diary in the relevant section and post each day what you eat - that way we can all have a nosey and get inspiration and you can keep track of how fantastically you're doing food wise! Just an idea!

I'm a red/green girl but the the EE lot will be along shortly no doubt xxx

hey there, well am doing slimming world and let me tell you, its a great way to still enjoy food, but lose weight too!!!yeh its mainly women, but men are in classes too so dont let that stop you from doing it as its a great class to go to and you will be made very welcome and everyone will be very nice!!!

hope you enjoy whatever you decide to do and good luck!!

Back