29 Stone Start Weight Diary by Lou

Half a lb is ace, well done you :D Eszpecially when you've had a not-fab week too.
Granola is gorgeous stuff, I agree there. Yum! !:)

thank you :)

I'm hoping next week i'll have a super loss! had a bad 3-4 days this week but pulled it back for the last few days. finger crossed my hard work pays off in next weeks weigh in. am at 172.8kg now. and super trying to get out of the 70s by december! It really is fab to see the numbers drop :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

A loss is great if you've had a bad week, it's so easy to give up, but we mustn't! I'm comming to the end of 3 weeks on slim fast and after losing 11 pounds the first two weeks, so far this week i've only lost 1 pound! Weigh in's on tuesday though. I will keep going though as clothes are looser so I know it's working. I'm shocked I haven't eaten any chocolate or pizza for 3 weeks, I normally eat chocolate everyday! Options hot chocolate has got me through lol (does that count at chocolate?)

Wow Angelus, thats great, 3 weeks!! :) Well done you!

Lou, stick at it lovely, and do your best. You'll soon soon be Under 170, I know it :D:Dx

been 100% this week so far, mainly because i havent felt like eating very much!
on track for a loss this week, but i have been prescribed tablets for my cluster headaches and the main side effect is weight gain :( i havent started taking them yet coz im worried its going to scupper my efforts :/

doing marinated beef strips with salad and wrap for tea and very much looking forward to it :) got leftovers of lastnights jambalaya for lunch, yummm! x

NEW GOAL:

LOSE 5 STONE BY MY BDAY :)

I was aiming for Xmas but it's not enough time in reality. my bday is 4th feb so I have an extra 5 or 6 weeks and I really think I can do it.

after that I'm going to aim for another 4 stone off by June 25th which will be 9 stone in 12 months since starting the diet. thats a bit more than half of what i need to lose and i am aiming for all of it gone in 2 years. I think that's also achievable. it'll be 2.7 lbs a week from feb and I'm hoping by then I can exercise without collapsing which will boost my losses.

I have bought 2 new tops from eBay in a size 26-28. they haven't arrived yet but it'll be interesting to see how they fit. it's actually lovely to not have to buy a size 32. ( gasp ) I'm so huge!! well I was, ummm I still am but not AS huge!
I don't really wear trousers so i can't tell if I've gone down a size on the bottom half of me but all my skirts are definitely looser :)

this weight is coming over slower than I first expected but it is coming off and that's the main thing. I have changed my life style and I feel like that's the secret to long term weight loss. I have formed new habits and i have come a long way since the beginning. I no longer drink tea or coffee, only water. I was a massive tea fiend but I don't miss it. it's partly to do with the heat setting off headaches, but also because I feel like caffeine is no good for me. I also don't eat any sweet things what so ever. I miss it but I think that's a trigger for headaches too. I don't want permission to eat it again though if my headaches get better coz I've cut out a whole food group and that's great for my diet. imagine all the calories I would have had if I could have chocolate!

feeling positive for weigh in on Friday and as the weeks pass I'm getting more determined and super happy I've found a diet I'm settled with, it took me long enough!

aiming at getting to at least 171. something this week :) it's looking good. not quite there but should be :)

2.2 lbs off this week. to weak to be happy. suprised i lost at all considering these new tablets make people gain alot of weight very quickly but they are helping my headaches. i feel so sedated though, and couldnt even get my son from school yesterday because i could hardly walk in a straight line :/

Aw Lou.. sorry the tablets are making you feel so rotten. They'll do good in the long term I hope?

Well done on the loss though... I know you don't have the energy to jump about & celebrate but I jumped & wooped on your behalf. Scared my dog haha. 2.2lbs is fab, well done :)

And yay to the size down too! It's such a great feeling!! Even if you aren't quite there yet, rate you're going at you'll be needing the next one down again before you know it!

Hope you get some rest and peace and quiet over the weekend chook xx

Auburn said:
Aw Lou.. sorry the tablets are making you feel so rotten. They'll do good in the long term I hope?

Well done on the loss though... I know you don't have the energy to jump about & celebrate but I jumped & wooped on your behalf. Scared my dog haha. 2.2lbs is fab, well done :)

And yay to the size down too! It's such a great feeling!! Even if you aren't quite there yet, rate you're going at you'll be needing the next one down again before you know it!

Hope you get some rest and peace and quiet over the weekend chook xx

thank you for your support :) I'm so worried the tablets will have had a negative affect on my diet. I just hope I lose a little this week. even a pound.

I know for sure I won't make my Xmas target but my new aim is for 4 stone off by January. if I work hard I can do it but obviously Xmas I'd before that. but as I'm off sugar I'll only be having savoury stuff so I don't think I'll be going too mad. and no alcohol either so I should be ok.

the weight is coming off slower than I thought but I guess it's a long term thing and I know I'm in it for the long haul.

my weekend was ok, did a bit of shopping, went to visit my 8 month old niece which always cheers me up :)

I'm 4lb away from 3 stone so going to get in the losing mindset and work hard the rest of this week. xx

Aw Lou, I know how you feel. As you know, my meds have just been increased and I am afraid I am now gaining weight despite being under my calorie goal every day so I understand how frustrated you must be feeling. You are at least still losing - and 2lbs a week is what dieticians recommend for healthy, maintainable weight loss.

You didn't gain your weight overnight and it's not going to come off overnight either. You are doing so amazingly well and I really respect your tenacity and balanced approach to your lifestyle change. To lose it slowly is absolutely the best way (if not the most gratifying!) to do it as it is far more likely to stay off than if you starve it off pronto. I belong to a SW thread where some folks lost loads quickly following often rather extreme methods a few months back and every last one has piled most of it back on now.

Softly, softly catchee monkey my lovely....................if you ever need a mither with someone who totally understands, you know I am always here for you.

thanks annya :) I just get a bit down when I see people who I haven't seen for a while and they don't notice that I've lost nearly 3 stone, but like I've said in the past, I guess I have so much to lose that people won't notice til a good chunk of it has gone.

my new tops came today, size 26-28 and they fit and are actually a bit loose!! I was a 32 (yuk) so this is brill for me! haven't dared tried skirts or trousers yet but I prob have lost one size on the bottom.

feeling positive about being a couple of sizes smaller :) I can tell I have lost in my new tops coz my bigger clothes hang off me so you can't see my shape.

today my jar of very expensive sugar free sweets came :) £6 for a small jar. but, I can finally have something sweet :) oh how I've missed it! I've had 2 chocolate eclairs, a werthers original and a fruity chew. yum!!! I have banned Duncan and Joe from them coz they can eat what they want and I cant! it's joes bday on Friday, he's going to be 23. oh how I wish I was 23 again lol! (I'm 30 in feb). anyway I'm making him a bday cake and it's gonna be so hard not having any!! but, he has booked a few days off work so on Friday we are going out for cooked breakfast :) there's a place in town that does a huge one for £4.50 and I'm having that and I cannot wait!! I have suggested we go for a walk after but Joe is usually ready for bed after a big breakfast, the skinny minny that he is!

this week i havent done so well diet wise, but i havent really been trying. been a bit down, think all the headache business has caught up with me and im feeling less and less like dieting. but i'm going to the drs later to get new tablets for the cluster headaches.
out on last week but fully expected that. dont know if i'll lose this week either but its not the end of the world. im going to relax a bit this week, then on saturday start cracking down for 3 or 4 weeks til xmas so i can get at least half a stone off by then. so thats my plan and i am going to stick to it coz the losses have been slow lately.

Just wanted to say well done so far with your weight loss, you're doing really well!
I can sympathise with the cluster headaches (as a fellow sufferer aswell as migraines). From the age of about 9 or 10 I was on preventative medication for them and all through my early 20's they were really bad. I used to really struggle to complete a full week at work let alone think about what I ate. I think I used to eat so many carbs to try to feel better (that just made me fatter!) but always forgot to stay hydrated.
What are they treating them with? Are you on a combination of tablets?

Just wanted to say well done so far with your weight loss, you're doing really well!
I can sympathise with the cluster headaches (as a fellow sufferer aswell as migraines). From the age of about 9 or 10 I was on preventative medication for them and all through my early 20's they were really bad. I used to really struggle to complete a full week at work let alone think about what I ate. I think I used to eat so many carbs to try to feel better (that just made me fatter!) but always forgot to stay hydrated.
What are they treating them with? Are you on a combination of tablets?

thank you.

they put me on pizotifen but they made me so sedated that i stopped taking them. also caused weight gain which threw me off track. just hope doc can give me something else coz everynight i am am scared of going to bed incase i wake up at 3 in the morning with a cluster attack :(

i'll let you know what the doc says later! x

I had a combination of beta blockers and Amitriptyline (sp) and they seemed to work for ages, the only trouble was whenever I got a bad cold I couldn't take any of the over the counter medication to help with the symptoms!!
I can't remember when they stopped but they just seemed to fizzle out :-/ Can I ask how old you are? and how long have you had them? (Feel free to tell me to stop being nosy!)

x

Just looked up Pizotifen as I recognised the name and it's also called Sanomigran and I was on that for a while too and didn't like it :-(

of course you arent being nosey! i have spilled my thoughts here for months. i am 30 in feb, i started off getting migraine like headaches in sept and they got worse and worse until one night it was so bad, it was different, like a few mins of intense pain on one side of the head and in my jaw that made me cry out in pain, then a 5 mins or so with no pain, and then more pain. my partner took me to the hospital and i was given co-codamol 30/500 which helped in a way, coz i was a zombie basically. but then the week after i had another very bad attack and my eye was was watering, i was clutching the side of my head and pacing the room for about 4 hours, this was at 4 in the morning. i had the lights off coz it hurt my eyes. my jaw was aching along with my head, an awful pouding crushing pain, the most intense pain i have ever been in. in fact the week before it had been my TOTM and they are very painful, but in between attacks of pain, i was glad of the period pain! so i went back to hospital at 5 in the morning and was given tramadol and they worked a treat. touch wood, i havent had one since. i have been on the co-codamol on and off and its held off any pain. the doc said today that he thinks that the last attack will be my last for a while, and hes given me migramax and more co-codamol for the time being. he said he couldnt give me preventative medicine yet, as i havent had a long history of them yet. so i guess i will just have to see how it pans out! i hope everynight i dont get another one. its like being in hell :(

Oh hun, I feel for you. I remember those nights well :-( mine started when I was around 8 or 9 (after we moved house) and continued on and off for years untill my late 20's then like I said they just fizzled out. My doc said they were stress or food related but nothing really seemed to trigger them. I think the longest time for a continuous headache for me was 24 days :-( They WILL get better though it will take time. Just a little tip, don't over use the co-codamol as they can cause headaches (read up on them). Don't wait for the pain to start if you feel one coming, get pain killers, water, cold flannel on the forehead and a dark room and sleep if off x fingers crossed you don't get another one soon!

Back