29 Stone Start Weight Diary by Lou

I'm back from my walk :) 1.5 miles in 31 mins. That's good for me! I stopped and talked to someone with a GIANT dog for 3 mins so took that off. I don't usually talk to other people, especially when I'm panting and sweating and looking like a hippo who got dressed in the dark... But it was quite encouraging coz she said she'd lost 4 stone and that when she sees people like me walking round the racecourse she thinks 'good on them', and that I shouldn't care what people think! :)

Home now for some water, I forgot my bottle. Sat at the sink with a cat and a pint of coldddddd water.

Here is where I walked :

image-2407006819.jpg

It's a huge racecourse, that bit is slightly inclined so the other side is slightly downhill. I got up some speed on the down hill but :) it's hardly a hill, more like a gentle slope but it still helped me pick up my pace. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

And.... I caught a glimpse of my reflection in a bus stop ( don't ask me why there was one on the racecourse, there's no road!!!) and I was actually not horrified!!!!!!!! I looked like a taller big person rather than a giant lumpy blob. I'd say that was a NSV :) xx

And.... I caught a glimpse of my reflection in a bus stop ( don't ask me why there was one on the racecourse, there's no road!!!) and I was actually not horrified!!!!!!!! I looked like a taller big person rather than a giant lumpy blob. I'd say that was a NSV :) xx

I'd say that's a definite nsv :) fabulous :)

I'd say that's a definite nsv :) fabulous :)

Woo thank you :)

Yesterday while I was shaving my legs in the shower I noticed that my calf muscles were definitely more defined than they have been for a long time, and my long boots are looser too :)
Weird to be losing fat off my lower legs but I'm happy nonetheless!

Now I'm walking twice a week I'm hoping I'll notice my fitness levels improve and for some super losses! I never thought I'd be the type of person to enjoy exercise! X

That's fabulous the NSV and the walk looks lovely. It's also a good time to do the walk! It doesn't matter what people think (I bet half the time people are just engrossed in their own thoughts with their own stuff going on in their minds I know I can be like that!) just keep doing what you are doing because it is fantastic! I love the fact you have made the decision to lose weight and that's that! I will definitely follow suit in my mind set and get on with the rest of my journey and maintenance and not get in a tizz about the odd gain here and there. I know many people will think I''ve only got a small amount to lose and that I'm normal BMI and in the 8's etc. The point is I have gone up to 11st which for me is very overweight and I did/do have food issues. I think it's dawing on me it is lifestyle change and not diet I need to really focus on. x

Awesome stuff Lou!!! Well done on the walks & the NSV!! You are doing so well I bet you are starting to look very different! It's such a nice feeling when you notice positive changes, like your boots being looser etc!

It just shows that what you are doing is working for you!! Good lass! :)

X

Nice one Lou!

If anyone is friends with me on my fitness pal can you pm me so I can give you my username, I've a new phone and because I've installed the app again it's deleted all my friends except 2 xx

If anyone is friends with me on my fitness pal can you pm me so I can give you my username, I've a new phone and because I've installed the app again it's deleted all my friends except 2 xx

Same as this one xx

I'm never buying a car ever again!!!!!!! 2 cars in 2 months and 2 blown head gaskets :( feel like crying :(((

:-( what car did you get?

I'm never buying a car ever again!!!!!!! 2 cars in 2 months and 2 blown head gaskets :( feel like crying :(((

Oh no!! That's awful! Take it back hun!!! Hugs xx

Oh no!! That's awful! Take it back hun!!! Hugs xx

It was a private sale, same as the last car. We got no choice but to fix it. Trying to be positive about it by thinking, at least once its done its highly unlikely to go again so at least if we keep the car, we haven't got another blown head gasket in our future. Our mechanic is my dads friend so doesn't charge high labour charges. We paid £150 for the other head gasket which would have cost well over twice that at a garage. And I trust the mechanic, so that's one good thing.

My diet head has fallen by the wayside with all this stress and have had a carb fest today :/ I'm not giving up, just struggling at the mo. x

Oh that's so about the car sorry your having such a crap time, sometimes you need a little break from the stresses of trying to stay on track so give yourself a set time off but make sure you remind yourself every day why your losing weight in the first place and keep focused. Life gets in the way so just control it, just say to yourself that you are having a break for x amount of days but then you are carrying on your journey to a slimmer you good luck chick xx

Back