2lb gain- no idea why >:(

darkangel001

I'm really disappointed this week, I have stuck to the plan- despite a few small blips- I really expected a maintain or a loss. I can't believe I put on weight- I have been worse on other weeks and lost!

I feel really demotivated after having put in so much effort :(

I have had weeks like this. Basically stick at it and you should see a really good loss next week. Our bodies work in mysterious ways.

Same Darkangel, I had a completely unexplained gain this week and felt so low afterwards I just wanted to give up - I was so upset I didn't stay for group because I didn't want anyone to think I was lying when I said I stuck to the plan even though I had. But Lousiehj is right and fluctuations happen for so many reasons.

The chances are it wasn't a 'fat gain' at all, it might have been fluid retention or something like that, and it'll all come off next week PLUS the weight you lose this week if you stick to it.

Apart from * week as an obvious fluid retention reason, if you've upped your exercise (like I had) and you can feel a few aches and pains, that's your body rebuilding your muscles (bigger, stronger, better) and in the process of that your body retains liquid. A lb of water weighs the same as a lb of fat!

I know it's really miserable and I hope you keep it up it doesn't put you off trying - I'm sure nearly everyone has been in that boat at one stage or another! I'm just determined to prove (to my group, and for my mental well-being) that it was just a weird blip and next week I'm going to rock those numbers DOWN!!

Good luck!

When you say minor blips do you, for example, mean a piece of cake or a whole cake :)
I had a 'minor blip' a few weeks ago, which consisted of about 40 syns worth of kfc & popcorn!!! I then had a gain of 1.5lbs.

I know its really difficult to keep going but it is worth it in the end - promise

I gained 3lbs this week for for reason what so ever, its horrible isn't it :( But stick with it & hopefully it'll pay off next week. I think we all have blips every now & then that are unexplainable. If it should happen again - maybe vary your food more, vary your syns & HEXA & HEXB's just in case your bodies in a rut, but hopefully you'll see a better result next weigh in :)

x

Back