2lb Gain

Discussion in '5:2 Fasting' started by babybo77, 14 February 2014.

1. babybo77

babybo77 Member

I've been doing 5:2 for the past four weeks now. 1st week I lost 6lb, 2nd week I lost 1lb and 3rd week I lost a further 2lb.

I've weighed myself this morning and I've gained 2lb this week.

On my fasting days I never exceed 500 cals and in my opinion I don't overdo it on feast days. A typical feast day is as follows: Breakfast: Branflakes with semi skimmed milk, Lunch: Ham and salad sandwich with a packet of ww crisps, Dinner: Either pasta with a tomato based sauce or salmon, new pots and salad and I may have a ww cake bar in the evening with a cup of tea.

I feel really disheartened today and was wondering if any of you guys have had the same happen to you?

Any advice appreciated.

2. Twinrix

Twinrix Well-Known Member

Don't panic and hang in there. Your weight will go up and down, but be sure it will drop over time. I have done this since July 2013 and have dropped 14.3lb. I see this as a long term commitment and for my future health as I'm not a sports fan (except in front of the TV set) and hate going to the gym. Consider to eat all 500 cal as a late lunch if you can.