2nd attempt

kezzer

This is my second try on these. Wasnt really ready to comit first time. Day 12 and all is good. no tango for me so must b doing it right. Have around five stone to lose. Really dont like not having a lager very much and i think im gonna turn into a chicken if i eat any more of it lol !!!! Really good pudding to hav if like me and hav a sweet tooth is sugar free jelly made with half a pint of water and the other half a pint made up with low fat fromage frais. whisk it all up and its like blancmange!!! it certainly stops me craving so thought id share. Am new to this site so dont even know if any one will c this x

Hi kezzer!
It's all about commitment isn't it! I am two months in, and yes the tablets help...but when it's all said and done I'm leearning it's all down to me and the choices I make. If you stay focussed I'm sure you'll manage to lose the 5 stone this time...if you have a slip, remember that's all it is...a slip - and start again!
I love chicken! But fish is also good - white mainly but I treat myself to salmon once in a while (but only wild....farmed has 'side-effects'!!!)...and I often eat veggie meals - tonight I am having a veggie curry (it's in the slowcooker at the moment and smells delish!)...one of my favourites with fish is those steamer bags you can get - pop fish and veggies in, add a splash of liquid, wine is good!seal the bag... and then microwave for 5 minutes and it's done!...oh and I couldn't cope without low-fat suasages once in a while!I might try your blancmange pud idea at the weekend...I don't have a huge sweet tooth, but I love my savoury snacks!

ah thanx for post yes im very focused this time and hav even visited the gym. i love cooking with my slow cooker the veggie curry sounds lovely how to u make your sauce? i enjoy making low fat tikka massalla which is lovely. just hsd my mugshot and apple for lunch. jav my first weigh in two weeks time. how hav you done in the two months ? how hav u found it. any hints and tips will b appreciated :mad:)

Hi & welcome!

Have you read the sticky thread that explains the "rules" although you maybe already know them if you've done it before. I found xen made me make the right food choices (I've been off them since February) which got my head in the right place & has got me where I am now (6.5 stone down).

Good Luck with your journey xx

i will hav to hav a read im new to this site so not sure the way round it yet. that is a fantastic achievement you must be really pleased. hope i am as succesfill with mine :mad:)

I've been making low fat tikka massala and the whole family loves it. I used Colmans bake in the bag - only 234 cals per portion, bit messy trying to get it out of the bag though!

Good Luck!

How do I make my sauces for curry?......dry fry an onion (or use thta fry-light spray - just a touch is needed), add 1 teaspoon each of cumin, ground coriander, turmeric, and mustard seeds, add a knob of ginger (about 4cm long, peeled and grated) and a chilli (chooped finely - leave seeds in if you like a hot curry), cook for a minute or so and then add about 200 ml stock (from a cube is fine - and much less fat than making your own and skimming it!) , pop in a cinammon stick (remember to fish it out again before serving the curry!)...and that's it...you can then add your meat and veg and cook them in this sauce.

If you have a slowcooker - then just put everything in together!

And I adapt the recipe depending on what sort of curry I want...sometimes I add tomato puree and chopped tomatoes...or loads more onions and some garlic...or a little 'light' coconut milk (but remember the sauce is virtually fat-free until you add this!)

thats it im on a mission to make one im hunhry just reading it lol lol !!! having a hungry day today not that long before first weigh in just hooe its good news im trying to stay off the scales cos i get obsessed and started weighing myself about four times a day lol. i use my slow cooker a lot love good old stew in the winter with lots of pulses in. all this food talk is making me really hungry lol !! ;@)

Back