2nd time around

Hedgehog

Gold Member
Hi,

I finished up here over 2 years ago after losing 3 st in 10 weeks on SS, and I kept it off for a long while, but between one thing and another, I've up 2 st and have been struggling to make a dent in it the last few months so I've decided to come back and give SS another shot.

Last time I did it, I was 100% no cheating or breaks, and thats my intention again this time around, even though I only put on 2 stone, I would like to shift 3 stone and get to BMI 23, although I intend to move away from SS and up the plans as soon as I hit BMI 25.

Anyway, I'm on day 2 and feeling positive, so heres hoping for success again this time around

H

Im on day 2 at the mo of restart!

Started CD to lose the last 22 llbs (was 210/15 stone at heaviest and previously followed atkins) that i need to lose but drifted off of the plan after a long weekend in dublin :eek:

Ideally need to lose 1stone that i have left to go... be good to have support of someone else in the early days!

I am trying to do SS for 2 weeks before going up to 810 plan... so sounds similar to what your plans are

Amazing to have not put all the weight back on, well done you! I know i have done that a few times and its soooo easy!

How are you finding it so far?

Thanks for the support Guys :)

Keely, it is good to have someone at the same stage, :) I probably intend to do SS a little longer than you, if things go the same as last time I estimate it will take me 8 weeks to get to BMI 25, and then work up the programmes to lose the last stone :)

Anyway, day 3 and feeling good on the diet, if somewhat groggy / nasally, but I suffer with sinus so it unlikely to be related to the diet.

How are things going for you?

What do you do to work out your BMI? I know my CD has a record of mine but I have only ever used an online calculator to do mine and not sure how true to life these are?

Do you go to see your CDC for WI? Are you weighing yourself at home as well? Not too sure whether this is a good idea or not?

I found last night very difficult watching and smelling the OHs dinner... Going to take the dog out tonight while he eats i think, out of sight out of mind as they say!

I think it will be the evenings that i find hardest as thats where it all tends to go wrong for me!

Are you finding any particular time of the day hard?

Roll on the 1st WI and end of week 1 and hopefully it will start to be a way of life rather than a diet!

Keely xx

Welcome back Hedgehog and welcome to you too Keely. Good luck, I hope you both do well. :D

Thanks for the support! How long have you been doing CD now?

Keely xx

What do you do to work out your BMI?
Well I've just been using the ticker info at the moment, and I know that BMI for me is just over 2 stone away but I do know the formula for calculating it, basically, your weight in pounds divided by your height in inches squared (ie 60x60 = 3600 going on your profile info) multiplied by 703

Do you go to see your CDC for WI? Are you weighing yourself at home as well?
Both :) I know I should wait till my WI next monday, but to be honest, because I have lost some already, I am finding it very motivating to weigh myself. If I get to a point where I have a sticky scales I'll stop :)

I found last night very difficult watching and smelling the OHs dinner... Going to take the dog out tonight while he eats i think, out of sight out of mind as they say!
Luckily I am working late all this week and himself has been instructed to have dinner over before I get home :) Hopefully by next week I wont be as sensitive to food, last time I did it I didnt have to deal with that as I was on my own.

I think it will be the evenings that i find hardest as thats where it all tends to go wrong for me!

Are you finding any particular time of the day hard?
So far no particular time has stood out, but as soon as I feel the grumbles I am topping up on the water, I did wake up hungry this morning for the first time, and have had more grumbles today than the first 2 days, so maybe I am not in ketosis yet.

Roll on the 1st WI and end of week 1 and hopefully it will start to be a way of life rather than a diet!
totally agree, this is the last time I am doing SS, so no matter what once the lbs come off they are staying off :) The power of positive thinking :cool:

Thanks for the support! How long have you been doing CD now?

Keely xx

This is my 4th week now.

You can create a ticker and add it to your signature. As you update it, it calculates your BMI automatically.

Full details on how it's done are here:

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

If I was you I would get involved with everyone in the Cambridge forum, rather than limit yourself to people with a similar amount of weight to lose. The more support the better really. :)

Madferret,
Well done on getting started :) are you on SS?

Best of luck

Yeah, can't really mix the packs and food - it needs to be all or nothing with me .....

Totally agree with this, so easy to just think one more mouthful wont hurt...

Good luck to you! What day are you on now?

How are you finding it?

x

This is my 4th week now.

You can create a ticker and add it to your signature. As you update it, it calculates your BMI automatically.

Full details on how it's done are here:

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

If I was you I would get involved with everyone in the Cambridge forum, rather than limit yourself to people with a similar amount of weight to lose. The more support the better really. :)

Ahhh brilliant, thanks for that will look into that in a few minutes!!!

Have you been 100% SS for the 4 weeks so far? Hows it been for you???

Have you ever tried CD before?

Its the maintenance part i struggle with :eek::eek::eek: find it so difficult to stop eating once i start... Hence back here restarting CD again...

x

Well I've just been using the ticker info at the moment, and I know that BMI for me is just over 2 stone away but I do know the formula for calculating it, basically, your weight in pounds divided by your height in inches squared (ie 60x60 = 3600 going on your profile info) multiplied by 703

Both :) I know I should wait till my WI next monday, but to be honest, because I have lost some already, I am finding it very motivating to weigh myself. If I get to a point where I have a sticky scales I'll stop :)

Luckily I am working late all this week and himself has been instructed to have dinner over before I get home :) Hopefully by next week I wont be as sensitive to food, last time I did it I didnt have to deal with that as I was on my own.

So far no particular time has stood out, but as soon as I feel the grumbles I am topping up on the water, I did wake up hungry this morning for the first time, and have had more grumbles today than the first 2 days, so maybe I am not in ketosis yet.

totally agree, this is the last time I am doing SS, so no matter what once the lbs come off they are staying off :) The power of positive thinking :cool:

Going to get myself a ticker in a minute i think to track how im doing!

Have my 1st WI tonight after 4 days as CDC goes on holiday this weekend, also means i am going to be on my own for 2 weeks... :eek: slightly scared!

Well why not weigh yourself if you find it motivating! Anything to give us piece of mind i think!

Took all my measurements last night so going to try and concentrate on loses inches this time as well as llbs!

Did you follow any of the maintenance last time? I think i went wrong by thinking i wouldnt gain anything after doing the 810 plan for about 3 days :( ooops!

Day 4 now and so far so good 100% SS...

Hows day 4 for you???

xx

This is my 2nd time on Cambridge and this is now my 4th week of SS and I have been 100% from the start. I did SS for 7 weeks last year, also stuck to it 100%. I do find the diet easy once I start.

Unfortunately I had a health problem the first time around that meant I had to come of the diet. That and a few other things led to me gaining most of the weight.

But this time, I'm going all the way, as long as the health side of things remains safe for me to do so.

I think more time spent on working up the steps will be a big benefit to maintaining properly.

Have my 1st WI tonight after 4 days as CDC goes on holiday this weekend, also means i am going to be on my own for 2 weeks... :eek: slightly scared!

Took all my measurements last night so going to try and concentrate on loses inches this time as well as llbs!

Best of luck with the WI mine is on Monday :) You sound very committed you will be grand for the next 2 weeks and we're here to help you through :)

Did you follow any of the maintenance last time? I think i went wrong by thinking i wouldnt gain anything after doing the 810 plan for about 3 days :( ooops!

Last time I did it I did one week on 810 and then went on holidays, I tried to get back to it but I didnt want to do SS at that stage as I had suffered toilet problems and was just so glad to be back to normality with that, that I never really was able to get back into the program that included food. But I was eating healthily and kept it off for a year and a half.

Day 4 now and so far so good 100% SS...

Hows day 4 for you???

Well done on getting to day 4 :) I've been doing it 100% too, I was starting to feel headachy in the last hour, and realised I hadnt had my first pack of the day yet, and guess what they are locked in my husbands car!!! He is on his way to me so I should have them in the next few minutes.

Hx

Unfortunately I had a health problem the first time around that meant I had to come of the diet. That and a few other things led to me gaining most of the weight.

But this time, I'm going all the way, as long as the health side of things remains safe for me to do so.

I think more time spent on working up the steps will be a big benefit to maintaining properly.

Well done on getting back to it, I put my weight back on due to health issues as well so its just good to be able to sort it out and hopefully keep it off this time

I am definitely going to work up the steps this time around though, even though it didnt impact too much on me last time, I just think that its a good way to go and easing back into food.

Yeah, can't really mix the packs and food - it needs to be all or nothing with me .....

Yeah I was like that when I tried to start it with a meal last time, just couldnt manage it

Back