2nd week maybe but 3rd week?

debtin

Gold Member
sorry to sound so disheartened so early in morning but i just need to write this to try and sort it out in my head. Previous attempts at sw i had fairly ok losses, 1lb-2lb per week which i know is good. This time in 3 weeks i have lost 2lb.I think the problem is i have been excercsing every 2nd day this time round and mentally in my head i was hoping to lose more and faster and i think this is the problem. Yes i know that excercise can add to slow losses, that i dont have a lot to lose and to lose is better than gaining but i havent lost inches AND i feel heavier - i feel almost bloated. It seems like a pointless task right now even though i know it isnt but do you see where i am coming from? how do others keep themselves going when feel its all been in vain? I upped my water and my superfree is it simply a case of upping all the good stuff even more including the excericse to get more results quicker or learn to accept that it will take time?

Hi,,, sorry to hear you feel so disheartened :(... I am only at sw since october. I was doing brilliantly to start with but in the last four weeks i have only lost 1/2... im happy that its not going up but would like to see it moving down. I have a stone to lose but at the moment getting there feels like climbing mount everest but that would probably be easier... All i can say is stick with it. I have seen this happen to some of the girls and it will start to come off, maybe not as quickly as we would like but we will get there.. Keep going the way you are going and best of luck:)

Every loss is weight you'll never see again! If youre exercising, make sure your fluids are upped to compensate, that really helps me. And maybe read your book again and look out for speed foods, as by the sounds of it a good loss in one week would get you going again. Good luck!!

Thanks everyone - think i had bad start to the day coupled with not feeling any better for what i have been doing. Had bread for lunch which i can syn and 3 celebrations but apart from that i am not going to sabotage what i have did. Will just keep at it as i know i end up overeating and feeling worse for it. i havent Becky but could give you an idea of what i have been eating this week - pretty much same every day up til today when i am at work
Breakfast - porridge with milk (hea and heb) 4 syn for syrup
Snack -3 ryvita with laughing cow which 4syns
2 tangerines
Lunch - lettuce, tomato, spring onion, cold meat, pickles, beetroot with extra light salad cream 1.5 syn
Snack - yoghurt or pineapple
Loads water
Dinner - pasta bolognese or chicken with rice
it varies but generally this is what i would eat with maybe curly wurly and work out to Jillain Michaels 30 day shred every 2nd day
On my days off i will have boiled egg for breakfast with 2 slices 400g wholemeal bread, homemade soup for lunch - dinner usually free or low in syns
thanks everyone really appreciate your comments x

if you're eating pretty much the same every day then maybe you need to shake it up a bit,

just wondering how you get your 4 syns for 3 ryvita and laughing cow?

and are you measuring you healthy extras?

but my main guess is that you need to mix it up hun.

good luck xx

I was going to say the same 3 ryvita and lcow are more than 4 syns i think. Which kind of ryvita and which lcow and how many? Are you having lots of superfree Veg with dinner? If you are def on plan ie counting syns properly and measuring hea and Heb then maybe consider trying red and or green days. Personally I lose better when I mix days and don't when i do all extra easy

I agree that you need to shake things up a bit- SW specify that variety is key to the diet, if you eat the same or similar meals all the time you will unfortunately get stuck in a rut and will be more prone to lapsing.

Also, apart from your lunch this seems to be a distinct lack of superfree with your main meals- did you just forget to include them?

Some people have commented that exercise hinders their early weight losses- I've read that a vast improvement may occur around week 4. Don't give up on the exercise- just bear that in mind :)

And stick to it, don't give up or become disillusioned. Remember what you are doing this for- it will show in the end. Good luck xx

thanks again - the ryvita are crackerbread wholegrain ones at 20 cals each so figured they would be 3 syns in total? laughing cow light x1 i said 1 syn or 1.5 for this? maybe this is where i am going wrong with the ryvita then? Last week was me changing things about but laughing now at how i changed my diet to have some variety but have stuck to same thing every day duh....yes going to get my books back from friend who has them and re read but continue with the excercise. If someone could advise on the crackerbread that would be great - think i will look at the lunch thread on here x

In my Food Directory (2011, so might have changed) Wholegrain Ryvita= 1 syn.

Do you go to class Debtin??

Just checked Syns Online- WG Ryvita= 1 syn, LC Light 1.5.

I think your basic problem is how much you're eating. A HEB's worth of porridge would never fill me up for the whole morning. I'd be adding some fruit to that, and then u probably won't want the crackerbread as a snack. Plus that would take care of the 1/3rd superfree, which you def aren't doing at the mo.

Then, i would be adding some cold new potatoes to lunch.

Finally - loads more superfree with dinner.

Also, try to use the majority of your syns in the evening - that way you are not likely to use too many, and will be more likely to turn to free & superfree food first.

No you are right hun.

I asked about class because I find that Image Therapy really helps. You feel so much better when other people have slow weeks too- you realise how normal it is!! I was dead against going to class, I used to go and thought it was horrifically boring. But I have found the most hilarious group ever and now I actually enjoy going- we can be there for 2 hours sometimes and I laugh from start to finish.

good point kingsled - i stocked up on pineapple and oranges at supermarket for my new snack with fat free yoghurts as i thought the ryvita would keep me going longer but it doesnt really and as you say i have used syns for it. Will keep going but upping everything like the superfree and water - thanks again. Sometimes a little kick up the butt and shake up is all you need x

Back