2nd week weigh in and ive gained :(

vampalicious

Silver Member
well i lost 5lb last week,
just got weighed and ive gained a kilo :'(

ive been good aaaalll week, not one bad piece of food has passed my lips, however i did have some vodkas and diet fizzy in friday night.

gutted :(

Nothing worth worrying about hun - second week is notorious for poor losses and gains. I think its just our bodies fighting back against the first week loss and 5lb is a big loss so it is bound to be a shock to the system. Just put it behind you and move on - there are always going to be some weeks when you do not see the result on the scales that you are looking for but the important thing is not to let it affect the next week ;)

oh love, I remember my 2nd week (first time arouns) I lost 1/2 a lb and it felt like a huge slap in the face! id lost the first week and I remember crying and telling OH it wasnt worth it! stick with it..I went on to lose 5 st and got to target in under 18 months. ..clearly it was worth it! im back now with a fairly big 3.5st to loose after having my girl and im facing a gain on my first week. . its no one's fault but my own but still npt very happy! lol ...so lets put it behind us and start the new week together :)

Aw, please don't worry. I also gained in my second week, then again in my fourth week and then again in my sixth week! It wasn't until two months in that things started to even out for me and I've now lost a stone and a half since starting in November. Just stick with it and I'm sure you'll see the results soon.

Hi, I'm struggling too. Nearly gave up a couple of times. I was doing OK (eating wise - not loosing weight wise) until I had a week off work.

I stayed the same my first week, then lost a pound the second. Went away for the weekend and put on 2 and then had a week off. I told myself that I was going to have a really organised week, make meals for the freezer and generally be really good - finished up eating like a pig all week. Finished up that I had only lost half a pound in 5 weeks :(

Last week I really struggled knowing that I was going to a big birthday bash this weekend. So I tried a couple of green days (need to find more recipes for green) but and I suppose this is the bit that I mean to help... I managed to lose a pound this week even though I struggled. I have weighed this morning - and feel quite positive.

Perhaps I'm just trying to say keep going. I am hoping that this will be a way of eating that I can stick at for the rest of my life and if it takes a long time to lose weight then at least its better than putting it on.

I just wish it would work a bit quicker

Have just replied to someone on our groups FB page who wrote nearly the exact same thing as you. As I said to her our bodies are weird and wonderful things but they havent read the weight loss manual! Try to see the whole picture rather than week to week (ha ha says me who really struggles to do that!). Its so disheartening not to have the loss you want (and feel you deserve) show on the scales but dont let it scupper your weight loss.

Hope you have a good week and the scales are in a nicer mood next week

Back