2nd Weigh In !!!

happyland

Hello all... Well I had my 2nd week weigh in on Tuesday night and I've only lost 3lbs!!!

My first week was only 6lbs. I have not cheated once and I am drinking plenty of water. Is it possible to drink too much water??

Anybody got any ideas why my weight loss isn't as good as most peoples? I see some people lose as much as 14lbs in their first week!

Hi hunni..

Well done on a fab 2nd week weight loss.. I know its hard not to compare yourself to others, but we are all so different!

Also, people with a big first week loss usualy have more to loose to start with..

You're doing FAB

Hun, please dont shoot me for saying this but....

What do you mean ONLY 3lbs, ONLY 6lbs? Every lb lost is a lb closer to goal and you have lost 9 of them!!! The average weekly weight loss on CD is 3/4lbs so 3 is not to be sniffed at. I know you were probably hoping for more the first few weeks but it varies from person to person. Things that can explain lower losses in first week are...

1. you have been low-carbing before starting so your body isnt going to need to get rid of as much glycogen
2. you haven't been drinking quite enough water- 2l is a minimum, LL say 4l as a minimum even tho they are the same diet plan pretty much. Water is vital to get those lbs off!
3. it is your body and not someone elses- we dont all lose weight at the same rate!
4. if you are on the lighter side than some people you will find that the weight may not come off as quickly as those with more to lose.

Hope this is helpful sweet! PLEASE dont get down- you have lost 9lbs which is more than half a stone! Thats more than I lost in 6 weeks dedicated cal counting and is FAB!! :D xxx

I wanted to post this to you for inspiration (stole it off another thread somewhere on here!). Its called " a pound of fat".

Hello! Do you know me?
If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat.
And I am the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
Want to know why?
It's because no one ever wants to lose me.
I'm only one pound, just a pound!
Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.
So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.
That is until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.
Yes, it's fun being only one pound of fat, left to do as I please.
So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."
(As if that were such a terrible thing)
For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.
And, I love being around you-your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.
After all, I'm only one pound of fat!!!

Now bear in mind, you have lost NINE POUNDS! Nine of these little devils! Doesn't that make you feel better??! xx

Your losses are similar to mine - 7lb first week and pretty much 3lb every week since! I'm dead chuffed with it...bet you couldn't get those sort of losses week in week out with WW!
You are doing really well and with this kind of diet you need to keep a positive attitude, just picture yourself in 6 months... the clothes you'll be wearing...the compliments you'll get! It's worth it I promise you, if it wasn't none of us would be here would we?;)

Well done! 9lb in two weeks is brill! xxx

Hello all... Well I had my 2nd week weigh in on Tuesday night and I've only lost 3lbs!!!

My first week was only 6lbs. I have not cheated once and I am drinking plenty of water. Is it possible to drink too much water??

Anybody got any ideas why my weight loss isn't as good as most peoples? I see some people lose as much as 14lbs in their first week!

....so - ONLY 9lbs in two weeks.....:rolleyes: how FAB is that !!!

we are all different and lose at different rates....I know it's hard BUT try not to compare yourself to others.....and, anyway, even if you just lost 3lbs-ish each week - that's 12 to 14lbs in 4 weeks.....which is what CD say......

you're doin great ! stick with it and before you know it, you'll have a stone off :D

Debz xx

Thanks for your replies everyone.. I AM thrilled to be losing any weight at all :) but was just wondering if there could be a reason I am losing a bit slower than other people.

I've stopped smoking, I'm not going to the loo and I don't do any real exercise. Also could I be drinking too MUCH water?

you're doing really well. Keep at it those pounds soon turn to stones!!!
Ceri.
p.s Love the 'pound of fat' post wannabslim!!!

I'm not going to the loo and I don't do any real exercise. Also could I be drinking too MUCH water?

Not going to the loo might be a problem have you tried Psyllium Husks? Or if you search the forum you'll see what other people have. Please remember you're having only 3 or 4 packs a day - you won't go to the loo as often as you did before.

No exercise shouldn't be a problem.

How much water do you drink? Many people on here are drinking 4-6 litres a day.

To echo everyone else 9lbs in 2 weeks is fab, well done. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Everyone loses at different rates. Good luck.

Back