3.5 Syns (yes ony 3.5) for a whole chocolate cake??

Lindam

Silver Member
Hi
I have baked a chocolate version of the Chick Pea Cake - I am led to believe that the basic cake is worth 3 syns, and I added x 2 Highlight sachets at 1.5 syns each - can any confirm this is right? Am thinking of adding a small layer of quark mixed with sweetner and also a cherry low fat activia yoghurt to see if it tastes anything like a black forest gateaux (bet it doesn't, but might beat the cravings!).

Also made one using juice and rind of a lemon - tastes quite good on it's own but anyone have any ideas of what to add to this one to keep the syns as low as possible? (only 0.5 at present!)

:eatdrink051:

Hi Taz
You may be right - just checked my book and there are two listed, one at 2 syns and one at 1.5 but this one is less than 1g fat (not too sure which one I used).

Even so still only 4.5 syns for the whole thing so far!

iVE TRIED IT THIS WAY AND IT STILL TASTED LIKE POO! THAT MY PERSONAL OPINION THOUGH, CHICK PEA CAKE IS LIKE MARMITE........YOU EITHER LIKE IT OR YOU DONT..

gOOD LUCK LET US KNOW HOW IT TASTES

RUTHY XXX

I much prefer Ferrero Rochea scan bran nutella golden syrup Mmmm! Only oly works out about 1 syn each as I make the mixture into 22 balls! They really fix my choc craving without doing any damage!

Only problem is the scan bran is really hard to get a hold of from classes? Does anyone else have the same problem too?

I much prefer Ferrero Rochea scan bran nutella golden syrup Mmmm! Only oly works out about 1 syn each as I make the mixture into 22 balls! They really fix my choc craving without doing any damage!

Only problem is the scan bran is really hard to get a hold of from classes? Does anyone else have the same problem too?
Use the plain Ryvita, that's how we were told to make it

Hi
Had the choc CP cake with cherry yoghurt for breakfast - Ok so it's not really 'proper' cake but the texture was there and with the yoghurt it made me have something other than ryvita/weetabix for my breakfast.

I think we all have that possibility of falling into a routine where we eat the same things because we know what we can/can't eat - the syn values etc. As I am restarting the SW journey after 6 months of staying the same weight I want to try different things to see if the scales will be happier with me and give me fantastic results!

Ruthy - by the way i did make a disgusting CP cake the other day, I was heavy handed with the Chick Peas and the overwhelming taste/smell of them was foul! So I stick to the recipe exactly and use a slightly larger dish to bake it in so it is not so thick overall.

Emski had a fab idea of using it with sugar free jelly - then maybe a mullerlight vanilla yog on top - bit like a trifle!

i made the scan bran chocolate cake yesturday. well worth 1 syn a slice. and if i ever get really desperate for chocolate then to have the whole thing for 9 syns is great. couldnt eat the whole thing at once but atleast i know the option is there. lol

Im going to try the scan bran chocolate cake yum!

Ruthyyxxxxxx

can you post the recipe for the scan bran choc cake?

thanks

At last nights meeting, one of the girls had made a Cous Cous and Lemon Turd cake - it was really yummy and only 3 syns for the whole cake, if you haven't got the recipe I will upload it tomorrow.

can you post the recipe for the scan bran choc cake?

thanks

all u do is get 5 slices of the scan bran which is half a pack, soak them in hot water to make them soft then add a little more hot water so its a bit soggy. then add 1/2 a cup of coco powder or highlights, as long as its the low cal 1. a cup of candarel, 1 large egg or 2 small, and a level table spoon of golden syrep. like what u have on pancakes. lol. mix it all together then put it in a microwavable tub and put in the micromave for 4-5 minutes. i put it in for 4 as the cake stays soft then. mmmmmmmmmmmm its sooooo nice. lol

oh no - I don't have a microwave!

lol. tell u what, when i get my shoppin on tuesday and get my new ingredients for more scan bran cake, i will try makin 1 in the oven 4 u 2 c if it works. i will try it on gas mark 6 for 10 or 15 mins an see if it works. keep ya posted. lol

many thanks!

The 'syn free' trifle is made and in the fridge for tomorrow - will let you know if it works!

The Trifle? made that one up myself as follows:
Make the chick pea cake and leave to cool (I happen to add juice and rind of a lemon) - 0.5 syn for whole cake
When cool break about half into a bowl, add HE portion of tinned fruit cocktail, and a sugar fee jelly - leave to set.
Mix half a tub of quark with a little sweetner and vanailla mullerlight yoghurt - put on top of jelly mixture.
I give this one a '5' on the taste scale as it was extremely lovely.

If the syn value of the CP cake is 0.5 and we use only half of it then the syn value becomes a quarter of a syn - for the whole trifle!!!!!!!!!!

The Trifle? made that one up myself as follows:
Make the chick pea cake and leave to cool (I happen to add juice and rind of a lemon) - 0.5 syn for whole cake
When cool break about half into a bowl, add HE portion of tinned fruit cocktail, and a sugar fee jelly - leave to set.
Mix half a tub of quark with a little sweetner and vanailla mullerlight yoghurt - put on top of jelly mixture.
I give this one a '5' on the taste scale as it was extremely lovely.

If the syn value of the CP cake is 0.5 and we use only half of it then the syn value becomes a quarter of a syn - for the whole trifle!!!!!!!!!!
dont forget the sugar free jelly is sins i think its 2 sins for the packet xx

I thought the sugar free jelly was free - will look it up!

Back