3 bars a day?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by queen, 21 February 2008 Social URL.

1. queen

queen New Member

Hi everyone, I've been on CD for the past 6 weeks and have lost 27lb so far. I've strayed a few times:eek: but on the whole I'm happy with my weight loss so far.

I think I've gone off the shakes! I just cant stomach them anymore and past few days I've been literally forcing them down my throat. I've tried all the flavours and only liked butterscotch and banana but I cant seem to stomach those anymore too. I tried the soups but didnt like any of them and same with the tetra packs. I only like the choc orange bars as they are the only ones that dont upset my tummy and that's what I've been having since yest. I'm aware that I should only have 1 bar a day because of the carbs but I dont think I can carry on forcing myself to drink the shakes as I've still got another 75lb to go so I'm gonna be on ss for a while!!

I just wanted to know if there's anyone who's done ss with just the bars and if they still got good results? I really dont want to give up now as I'm so determined to reach my target.:(
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bagpuss

Bagpuss Full Member

Welcome to the forum, Queen.

3 bars a day would probably knock you straight out of ketosis. The other problem is to be delicate, wind and upset stomachs! Most people who eat even 2 bars on the trot are very quickly, umm ... on the trot. You're likely to find yourself running for the loo, with an upset stomach and a LOT of wind. Having 3 bars a day would also mean upping your water intake drastically - all good reasons why the CD recommends only one bar a day. Have you had a chat to your CDC about this?

If you can only stomach a very small range of products it may mean choosing between tastes you don't like (some people find the shakes much more palatable if you make them into a mousse or a hot shake, or soup into crisps), changing diets or moving up to the 790 plan, where you can have a meal a day - the weight loss is about the same and I found it easier to get the shakes and mousses down when I knew they weren't my 'sole source'.

But really, the CD 1 bar a day rule is there for a reason - if you knock yourself out of Ketosis eating 3, you may as well be on a calorie controlled diet and eating a wider range of food. Why not give your CDC a call and chat through this.
    flirty40greeneyes likes this.
  4. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slim and Save
    Bagpuss has said it all.

I have in the past had 2 bars occasionally - mainly if it is a problem to have shakes/soups because I'm out and about ... but 3??!! I couldn't do that and wouldn't reccomend it to anyone.

Have you spoken to your CDC??

Do you drink coffee??? Adding a tetra to coffee - both choc and banana works well for me.

What about making your shakes into ice cream??? Crush ice cubes, really well - with food processor or coffee grinder add your shake mix, (butterscotch is lovely!) a little water and mix in your food processor - viola ice cream!
  5. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    try the psyillium husks they change the taste of the shakes 1 shake any flavour 2 teaspoons husks 200ml ish warm water wisked bit like porridge yum vanilla my fav or I cannt drink shakes without making them with about 4 ice cubes and cold water much tastier give some of the recipes a try(you will find a sticky for them ) they may help xxx
  6. treeza

treeza Member

Slim and save
    Hi Queen having exactly the same problem am on two bars and one soup but just cant stomach the soup any more. And I don't like the shakes either its a real dilemma
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.