3 meals a day VS little and often

ally___pally

just out of Interest, who eats 3 meals a day and who else eats smaller amounts throughout the day. and how does this effect your losses ?

I have my breakfast then my Lunch is spread out through the day then dinner.

I do both to be honest. Some days I'll have my full 3 meals and maybe a couple of snacks, other days I'll have just lunch and dinner and then like today, I've had a cereal bar and some cherries throughout the morning, I've got a small tub of Bolognese to eat later and then possibly some snacks later in the afternoon.

I loose weight better when I stick to three separate meals a day and nothing else after 6.30 pm, it is hard but snacking all day on fruit and free stuff means I STS, I used to be able to snack all day and tweak stuff but not any more as I have less to loose now.

I think it depends on the person, sometimes I have three meals (plus a couple of snacks) and sometimes I seem to snack all day (having little and often) I don't think there is any right and wrong answer to be honest. I always snack though, otherwise I go hungry and you should never be hungry on slimming world.

Do whatever fits better with your lifestyle

I tend to graze all morning and often all afternoon then have a big meal at night.
About half the week Ill have an actual lunch, the other half I just count the stuff I graze on as lunch. Breakfast is usually coffe plus fruit consumed throughout the morning but once or twice a week I might have toast or mushrooms or something. Its my dinner that is my main meal, I have BIG portions and make it yum yum :)

I will eat my three meals a day, and then have something nice at around 9pm. Usually a cup of tea, a cereal bar and a yogurt. 3 syns for the lot... makes me feel like I'm having a treat but I'm not spending a lot of syns on it. I stuck to that religiously this week and lost 3lb. The weeks where I've skipped breakfast or something, I tend to maintain. Other weeks, if I'm constantly snacking on fruit and stuff, I will have a loss, but nothing huge. Find what works for you :)

I tend to do 3 meals with one mid-morning snack of fruit - too early to tell if it's working though...

It shouldn't really matter how you eat your daily amount of food. On a purely food is fuel level 100 calories is 100 calories is 100 calories. Doesn't matter when you eat it.

But I find I stick to plan better with LESS snacks and a rigid three meals a day. Snacks are weird...they seem to lead me astray!!! And i eat mostly in the evening as that's when I'm least busy. I lose more weight if I don't eat breakfast as its sets me off to be hungry all morning!! But I religiously eat it by 10am now because everyone shouts at me if I don't lol

I have three meals a day, small breakfast, medium lunch, large dinner lol if I'm hungry I snack on fruit and usually have a snack in the evenings, like if I've got any healthy extras left I eat them and mostly have an options hot choc or a bag of velvet crunch.

Do you use your syns as part of your meals then Jaylou?

Sometimes I do. Depends really. I like to use them on biccies with a cuppa at night, don't count that as a meal though ;-) But then I like olive oil or avocado too.

Back