3 months till skiing - hope its not a slippery slope i'm on

Roscky

hi all

I started doing SW from home 2 weeks ago and could really do with some buddies to keep an eye on my diaries as due to the hours I work I can't get to a group on a regular basis. Since starting I have lost 4lbs in the first week, but a disappointing 1lb this week. Not sure whether I am doing anything wrong and would really appeeciate some feedback on my food diary. I have been weighing my food and where I use meT etc for a healthy option, it is at the correct amount

Today Green Day
quaker quick oats (6) witth skimmed milk (HE)
Melon, strawberies and raspberries
Aldi tomato and basil mug shot pasta
stuffed mushrooms with cheese (HE), chicken (HE), wholemeal pitta (HE), SW potato wedges, lettuce passata and FF fromage frais and garlic ketchup (guess at 1 syn as less than a tea spoon)
Freddo bar (5)
Remainder of milk used in coffees
total syns 12
Any advice would be appreciated as I really want to lose more than 1lb this week

Would anybody like to subscribe to this thread please, I could really do with some 'expert' advice?

Many thanks x

hey -found you :) But sorry new at this and its a learning curve for me too, but we can keep each other motivated hopefully :) Hope you have a good eve.

I think 5lbs loss is fab hun, keep up your good work and sure the scales will keep going down. xxx

Tuesday's diary Red Day
quaker instant oats (6) milk (HE)
Strawberries, melon and raspberries
baked potato (HE)baked beans 2xHerta Frankfurters (7)
Muller yogurt
Options Choc Drink (2)

Total syns 15, low on HE's today, must make more effort tomorrow

Had two frankfurters, enjoyed them but not sure they were worth 7 syns, must just have one next time!!!
son bought me a krispy kreme donut, but I was really good and froze it for a day when I haven't used any syns, really want to stick to plan this week to see if the scales move a bit more

Last edited:
Your food sounds yummy hun, might get some melon when we go shopping haven't had any for ages :)

Hope you are having a good day.

xxx

Hi :)

Just thought I'd pop in and say good luck with your journey.

I'm no expert but am plodding along OK and would be happy to take a peek if you're ever stuck.

I do mainly red days with a few EE chucked in here and there!

I may have read it wrong but so you know in Red that baked beans are a HExB?

Where are you off skiing? I can't wait to hit the mountains this year with my board! x

Tuesday's diary Red Day
quaker instant oats (6) milk (HE)
Strawberries, melon and raspberries
baked potato (HE)baked beans 2xHerta Frankfurters (7)
Muller yogurt
Options Choc Drink (2)

Total syns 15, low on HE's today, must make more effort tomorrow

Had two frankfurters, enjoyed them but not sure they were worth 7 syns, must just have one next time!!!
son bought me a krispy kreme donut, but I was really good and froze it for a day when I haven't used any syns, really want to stick to plan this week to see if the scales move a bit more
Roscky - have commented on your other fred as well . . . but baked beans aren't free on a red day. They are a HexB and you can have 150 g.
The smallest Herta frankfurter is 5 syns each - unless it was the chicken ones and they are 3½ syns each

But this doesn't look like a red day at all to me! Nowhere near as you've actually had no free meat - it's a green day chica.

Roscky - have commented on your other fred as well . . . but baked beans aren't free on a red day. They are a HexB and you can have 150 g.
The smallest Herta frankfurter is 5 syns each - unless it was the chicken ones and they are 3½ syns each

But this doesn't look like a red day at all to me! Nowhere near as you've actually had no free meat - it's a green day chica.

Its so confusing lol. I think i'll stick to green days for a while as I think I understand them

Wednesday Green Day
melon and strawberries
WW potato & leek soup (4)
100g Chicken (HEB) potatoes, green beans, carrorts, syn free mushroom sauce
small chocolate guessing 3 syns
Cherry muller light yogurt
skimmed milk in coffees (HEA)

Made the mushroom sauce using an asda vegetable stock cube but it was really salty, would use half next time

Total 7 syns, need to reduce Syns for a few days to make up for my earlier mistakes this week, need to have another HEB

Hope this looks alright?

Does anyone know whether the Aldi Benefit bars count as HEB or if ot how many syns are in them?

Last edited:
Hi :)

Just thought I'd pop in and say good luck with your journey.

I'm no expert but am plodding along OK and would be happy to take a peek if you're ever stuck.

I do mainly red days with a few EE chucked in here and there!

I may have read it wrong but so you know in Red that baked beans are a HExB?

Where are you off skiing? I can't wait to hit the mountains this year with my board! x

Thanks for the offer of help as u can see I think i need it lol

I'm off to Andorra in January. I had to buy new trousers last year but I'm determined to get back into my old ones this time. Where r u going?

Roscky

This is my bible! It's s 3-page summary for the essentials of Red/Green days as taken from the books.
It's by no means complete - as it is just the foods that I eat - but it may help you

Attachments

• Slimming World Food Choices RG Summary.pdf
    32 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I've been following SW since early June and I still need help too!!

I am going to Canada on Dec 28th and then hopefully Austria in March. I cannot wait! Winter season is my fave time of year and I am determined to be buying new smaller trousers before we head off to Canada! :D xx

Roscky

This is my bible! It's s 3-page summary for the essentials of Red/Green days
Can't open the attachment, if I put my email on would you mind emailing it to me?
thanks

Last edited:
Can't open the attachment, would you mind emailing it to me?
thanks
Done
Now go and edit your last post and remove your email address. Otherwise it'll stay here and get put into google and you'll get spammed.

Thanks

Thank you, some bedtime reading I think

Going for a carvery tomorrow at the local pub, really need to avoid any hidden syns, like cauliflower cheese and not too much gravy, but if I don't have the yorkshire pudding, or stuffing, would I be able to have a couple of raost potatoes do you think, if they are really high in syns (which I am guessing they might be) I might just stick to the boiled potaotes, I chose a carvery because I thought I would have a better chance of sticking to plan, so fingers crossed

I've been following SW since early June and I still need help too!!

I am going to Canada on Dec 28th and then hopefully Austria in March. I cannot wait! Winter season is my fave time of year and I am determined to be buying new smaller trousers before we head off to Canada! :D xx
Jealous about Canada, my nephew is over there for the year working near Jasper, so we considered going but it was too expensive, Andorra is soooo much cheaper lol

Pommette, I think iVe worked out the quaker oats thing, they are 130 cals without the milk, so if I count the milk as my HEA, would they then be 6.5 syns do you think? (although I am thinking of doing my own to save the syns but I have got a few boxes in the cupboard as they were on offer at Asda this week lol)

Going for a carvery tomorrow at the local pub, really need to avoid any hidden syns, like cauliflower cheese and not too much gravy, but if I don't have the yorkshire pudding, or stuffing, would I be able to have a couple of raost potatoes do you think, if they are really high in syns (which I am guessing they might be) I might just stick to the boiled potaotes, I chose a carvery because I thought I would have a better chance of sticking to plan, so fingers crossed

Roasties in oil are quite high - a medium spud is about 100g. So 2 would be double the syns below.
Stick to boiled spuds if you can as they are free on EE - which is your best bet for planning a carvery meal.
Meat and spuds are free - you just have to plan your other hex's and sysns around this as you can only have 1 each of HexA and HexB.

Product
Extra Easy
Original
Green
Roast potatoes, roasted in oil, 100g 7

Pommette, I think iVe worked out the quaker oats thing, they are 130 cals without the milk, so if I count the milk as my HEA, would they then be 6.5 syns do you think? (although I am thinking of doing my own to save the syns but I have got a few boxes in the cupboard as they were on offer at Asda this week lol)

If the packs say 130 cals then yes - that's 5.5 syns plus HexA for milk and, depending on how much milk you have, you probably won't use a whole HexA .

Back