3 stone by early December?

batlo8

Ok, there is a real possibility I am being totally deluded here but....

I really want to lose 3 stone before I go to Dublin on the 3rd December. I know it may happen but I also know LT only guarantee 1 stone per month. Does anyone have any ideas how I can quicken the pace? Exercise, more water whatever?

All suggestions are welcome! Xx

Ok, there is a real possibility I am being totally deluded here but....

I really want to lose 3 stone before I go to Dublin on the 3rd December. I know it may happen but I also know LT only guarantee 1 stone per month. Does anyone have any ideas how I can quicken the pace? Exercise, more water whatever?

All suggestions

You don't want much do you Lois? chop your arm off maybe????:( Honestly though, if you find out do please let me know....I'm struggling like hell on week 5 and the scales just are not budging! I desperately need the loo (will not start another poo thread!) and feel like crap......

Youre not going to get any faster than a stone a month. You might manage more in your first month (first week losses are sometimes more) but then again you might not.

Youd be more realistic aiming for 2 stones. THAT is doable, any more is a bonus :)

In all honesty, I think 3 stone (not including a week one weight loss) would be pushing it. 2 for sure :) You could try exercising more, but even so you'd have to do a lot considering there's 3,500 cals in one lb of fat. You're already on minimum cals and you could really throw your body into a panic and it hangs onto everything and stops losing totally! :eek:

Just be 100% with the plan, be active, and what will be will be. You'll have done your best :)

Sandra - Sorry to hear you're struggling so much hun. This diet is a total killer sometimes. Stick with it though, and see what the pharmacist scales show. When are you weighing? Hopefully you'll get a nice surprise :) xx

I lost 3 stone in 11 weeks, and you are talking 9 weeks. Bear in mind that it was right at the start of my weight loss, so was losing quicker then, and due to meds i was on was being very sick a lot. I honestly dont think you can do 3 stone in that time, unless you were training Biggest Loser style. However 2 stone should be entirely doable if you really set your mind to it, and surely thats got to be a really good amount to lose. Why does it have to be 3 stone? is it a particular item of clothing you are trying to get into? or just a figure that comes to mind.

I recomemd a half or more hour jog. Before either your morning shake. But really hydrated though!!!!

When I feel like my losses are slowing down. I do this. But only about 3 times a week. Miss a day in between

I agree with everyone else. You just gotta go with the flow on this. You may be one of the lucky few who have great losses every week or one of the rest of us who take it off nice and steady. I know it would be nice to lose the three stone before your trip but two will be good too. Your shape will be changing and you may have a good inch loss as well. So don't panic. At least you have a goal in mind and this will keep you focussed when you feel crap!! lots of luck

I think you can do it, But you need to be drinking about 5litres of water a day, When I stick to this I lose around 7lb in a week, Even weeks into my weight loss. Ill give u an example of mine so far.

W1 8LB
W2 5LB
W3 4LB
W4 2LB
W5 7LB
W6 5LB
W7 2LB
W8 4LB

Which is 37 in 8 weeks, Ur planning 9 weeks so add in more water and hit the higher numbers like I did when I focused and drunk water and Ull get that extra 5lb no probs! x

Sorry for the late reply, my Internet is driving me slowly insane!

Thanks for all the input, I know 3 stone is pushing it but I just wondered if anyone had any tips that they use on slower weeks, hey anything is worth a try right? Lol!

I will try to up the water intake (god knows how my poor bladder will cope!) and try some early morning exercise, benefit of that being at least I'll be healthier if not thinner!

The reason I want 3 stone is because that's the weight at which I start to feel comfortable and it would be great to rock up to my Xmas do feeling a million dollars.

I will just keep at it and cross my fingers that I'm a lucky high loser! Xx

Yeah you're absolutely right about setting sights too high. There's a line from a song I like 'i'll settle for less but I'm ready for more' I shall try to apply that to this situation! Lol!

Xx

I dont really think its far fetched saying as it has happened to me though. Im just answering the question of what can she do to hopefully lose 3, And my advice is drink more water...I pee soooo much lol. Its all about the water intake, Ive spoken to the Chemist about this, And they agree, The more u drink the more u shrink! :)

The more u drink the more u shrink! :)

Nooooooooo dont!! lol That Im afraid is a well documented diet myth. Companies like Cambridge etc have actually come out and said that is absolutely not the case.

This is from another thread, posted by a CDC It's not true that the more you drink, the more you lose, but on a total meal replacement diet obviously your body isn't getting fluids from the food you eat, so you need to drink quite a lot to make up for that.

From a weight loss point of view, you need a good, regular fluid intake for optimum fat metabolism. However, you won't speed it up further by drinking loads, you'll just slow it down if you don't drink enough. The most important thing is to space out your fluids so that your body has a steady supply throughout the day - your 2.25 litres drunk all at once would be somewhat less than ideal as your kidneys would use what they needed and the rest would go straight through!

And yes maybe she'll be lucky, youve done really well but thats the exception not the rule. A lot of weight loss success is psychological. Why aim too high and be disappointed, better to set a sensible realistic target (ie 1 stone a month) and be delighted if you manage more. There are no ways to guarantee more than that. People lose at different rates regardless of how much they drink

Last edited:
Back