3 stone in 6 weeks

Wow - Well Done Shaza - Very Inspiring!!!!

:hug99: so sorry you are not feeling good. You are an inspiration and our goals to lose weight really keep me going x

Oh Shaza, I am so sorry you aren't well. but have to say, what great news on knocking the dr's socks off with the weight loss. are you managing to stay on cd whilst ill? and where's your diary?

Hi all

Emma ~ yes I am staying on the diet ~ only a bomb will get me off it now as I feel I have cracked the backbone of it

Just woke up and feel bit better I am going to try and take my dog a walk to get some fresh air ~ I am not giving in to being unwell and am meeting my sister tonight for a lovely girly chat

You have done marvelous emma ~ well done you (MY diary is in the diary section

thanks to all for lovely support

Shaza well done, I hope you feel better soon. There are many of us who have lost heaps of weight on this diet which proves without a shadow of a doubt that it works ... I read today on handbag.com a thread where a group were badmouthing the diet .... quite obviously none of them had even looked into or been on it and so were not speaking from a position of intelligence. That really makes my blood boil

WE know it works - its a shame they dont wake up and smell the coffee (black of course :0)

Take care - feel better ..

Yeah that is AMAZING please tell me what diet you're following (or am I too dixxy & missed it along the way??)

I think she was doing the Cambridge Diet or something similar :)

It is a very low calory diet (vlcd) where you're only allowed shakes/porridge (when you lose the most). But you can start at a higher plan if you want to :)

Is Cambridge diet likr the 1st slimfast diet? IT's been around for ages hasn't it?
I tried slim fast but I was just soooo exhausted all the time :(

I have never tried Slimfast, but the Cambridge Diet is more suited to obese people. you have to be followed by a counsellor. And if you have any medical problems or if your BMI is over 40, then you need to have your GP sign your medical form.

Personally, I don't feel more tired than when I was eating junk food, but I was eating really badly :eek:

There are other VLCDs, they all have a section on this forum :)

PS: the flavours are actually quite nice on Cambridge :D

Are you on the cambridge diet Ellie? I'm V impressed with your over 9lb 1st week loss!!!! I liked the taste of slimfast shakes! Is C/diet expensive?

Yes I am :) And my weight loss is nothing compared to some other girls' first week! Of course, after, you don't lose as much. But if you stick to the diet a 100% they guarantee you'll lose at least 1st a month :)

Yes, it is quite pricey. Between £37 and £50 (depending on whether you need four shakes a day or only three). Some councelors charge more, but usually, it is between this price range. :)

There are cheaper options. There is this new diet called Exante, and it is similar.

For inspiration, go to the diaries on the Cambridge Diet section. Awaken Me and White Tulip are like new women, it's amazing! And there are plenty other diaries telling you about the ups and downs of CD :)

yes, sorry, forgot to add that, I'm so used to it now :eek:

Look into Exante, it is cheaper :)

:( I don't have that kinda money. Ah well.... I'll keep plodding on and just been green & envious of your fast tracking!! lol I'm just kidding, I'm genuinley pleased for you. Not sure I'd have the will power to stick with that anyways.

:( I don't have that kinda money. Ah well.... I'll keep plodding on and just been green & envious of your fast tracking!! lol I'm just kidding, I'm genuinley pleased for you. Not sure I'd have the will power to stick with that anyways.

The Cambridge Diet is just one diet amongst many. Have you looked into the Atkins Diet? My God-mother lost 4st in 6 months with it, and she's kept the weight off for years now :)

Thanks for the suggestions :) I've tried loads of diets & I'm rubbish at sticking to rules. The only thing I've been able to stick with is low fat. I just make sure each thing I eat is less than 5g of fat. I have to go to the gym too (snore!) lol which I'm gonna have to get back to as soon as this silly chest infection goes & I can breathe properly!! :)

Back