30 day no chocolate challenge

This thread was made for me!! Chocolate is the reason I am so overweight. I don't binge on anything apart from chocolate. I am ok with things with chocolate in it, for example a choc chip cookie, or something, but if I have something that gives me a chocolate buzz then that's me, it can lead to a month long binge. I decided last week I would cut out chocolate. I thought it would be terrible, I couldn't sleep the night before I started. But as of today I have went 1 full week without chocolate. I have had tiny bits of it in things but no proper chocolate......here's to another week.....

This thread was made for me!! Chocolate is the reason I am so overweight. I don't binge on anything apart from chocolate. I am ok with things with chocolate in it, for example a choc chip cookie, or something, but if I have something that gives me a chocolate buzz then that's me, it can lead to a month long binge. I decided last week I would cut out chocolate. I thought it would be terrible, I couldn't sleep the night before I started. But as of today I have went 1 full week without chocolate. I have had tiny bits of it in things but no proper chocolate......here's to another week.....
Well done littlemiss - good luck for the week ahead - you can do it!!!

I gave up chocolate 5 years ago for Lent and haven't had it since, and I don't miss it at all! One of the best decisions I ever made! :)

That is amazing Lozzy! Were you really bad with chocolate before this? What were your reasons and how difficult was it?

Aww thanks :) well I was like 19 stone and I think giving up chocolate helped massively towards losing 7stone, because you don't realise how much chocolate there is on/in everything!! :p and it was easy! (Apart from dreaming about it a fair amount! :p) I would totally recommend it!!!! :D I've not got enough will power to cut down on things, so I just ban them! :p I haven't had crisps in 5 years either and don't eat cereal, lemon curd (I used to eat it straight out the jar! :p ) and sweets! :)

That's amazing hun, I don't know if I could do that but you've done great. Well done on your weight loss xx

Wow - well done on losing 7 stone, your such an inspiration!! Amazing. Do you have before or after pics or anything. Did you cal count all through your weight loss? I've managed 2 weeks so far, and I couldn't be happier, don't miss it at all really.

It's funny, I always used to think I was a hopeless chocoholic, but when I started down this road 20 months ago I decided to go cold turkey and not eat it, and it was far easier than I thought. I do still eat things with bits of chocolate in, like Alpen Light bars and Options drinks, but not what I'd call "proper" chocolate. And I don't miss it. Now that I'm so far down the road, I do have occasional days "off" where I indulge my addiction, and yesterday I had a bag of those giant Yorkie buttons - and boy did I feel sick afterwards, lol. Anyway, I guess that's a long-winded way of saying that sometimes I don't think we're as addicted to things like chocolate as we think we are, and it's more of a mental addiction than a physical one. :) xx

Is anyone still doing this?

I've managed 3 weeks now onto my 4th, a lot easier than I thought!!

Good luck everyone!!

Back