30 Day Shred - who's in??

Caz

Repeat Offender
Me and Rebecca are going to start the 30 Day Shred on Monday. We figure that doing it at the same time will help keep us motivated. Anyone else want to join us?

Was thinking that we could post starting weight and measurements, keep chatting about it as we go along for support and motivation and then compare our starting measurements to our end ones after 30 days.

Who's in?

Hi guys, I've ordered to the DVD...should be here Monday, if it is, I'm in!!! Do you guys watch biggest loser USA? I do..and I'm a little scared at how hard the DVD is going to be!?

I've never watched the biggest loser to be honest! I've just sat and watched through level 1 and I'll be honest, it's not easy but it's doable! I think the hardest thing is that it's every day! I know that I need a major kick up the bum so I'm just going to go for it and do my best!

There's 3 people on the DVD, there's her and she talks you through everything really well, explaining why you're doing what you're doing and the effects that it has. Then on the left there's a person doing more challenging versions of things, on the right there's another woman and she's doing slightly easier versions of things. So, for example, when they do pushups, the woman on the left does full on push ups, the woman on the right does easy push ups where you do it from the knees up. I can do push ups but just not many! Most they did was maybe 10. Then there's a mix of weights, star jumps, skipping type actions etc.

So my own person extremely unfit opinion is that it won't be a walk in the park, it will be challenging, but it'll also be doable!

I've even made myself a little diary to keep as I do it, cos I'm sad like that! So I've got a little table for my starting weight and measurements, then each day I'll write a few notes about how I found it that day and then at the end, there's another table for me to put my start and end weight and measurements to compare them. I know some people will think what's the point, but for me things like that keep me motivated so I'm going to do it lol

addicted to the show, it's so amazing how mug weight the contestants loose in such a short space of time!!

Well I'm in for the 30 day shred..will let you know if the DVD arrives Monday!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend...hard work starts Monday ;)

After a slow loss this week I'm definitely in, I need the kick up the bum to not only kick start healthy eating and calorie counting but exercise too! I'm actually looking forward to starting, I'll probably change my mind tomorrow though!!

Well today is the day!! I'm actually strangely looking forward to it! lol

DVD hasn't arrived yet :( although we haven't had any post, so could still come!!

Have you taken your measurements already? What time you planning on doing the DVD?

Ahh hope it does come today!!

Yup, I took my measurements just before starting. Just finished doing it now, it's hard work but totally doable! The way that she moves between cardio to strength to abs means you get little breaks between if that makes sense. I definitely worked up far more of a sweat than with my other DVDs!!

Ooo, can't wait to start it now...just annoyed that bloody play.com haven't delivered it today. Should be here tomorrow though. Keep me posted :)

Good luck! Let me know how it goes :)

Just finished day 2 of it, was easier and harder at the same time! I could feel yesterdays workout in my abs and shoulders a little today but didn't feel too bad. Managed to do it all better this time I think, except the second round of push ups, I could only do about a third of them! Managed better with the end of the workout, couldn't do many of the bicycle crunches yesterday but did most of them today. It hurt but was able to push through!

I'm on day 7 (although I missed one day). I know what you mean by kinda getting harder, kinda getting easier?! lol
I didn't take measurements (I'm terrible for that), and am doing tons of other exercise at the moment, so not sure how much it'll have to do with any losses I get tomorrow (WI).
The bicycle crunches kill me, I go back to sit ups - never thought sit ups would seem an easy option! lol And the jumping jacks are tougher than I'd have thought, but I'm enjoying it and can't wait for L2!

I know!! By the time you get to the bicycle crunches it's like owwwwwwwwwww!!!! What other exercise do you do?

I do alot of hill climbing and regular walking (5-8 miles on a workng day, anything up to 25 on a day off), zumba, gym, wii, step...I'm really in the zone at the minute, so am making the most of it!

Goodness me, you make me look EXTREMELY unfit and like a slob!! Definitely make the most of it, I'm trying to!

Ooh yeah definitely let us know mojo!

Day two is strange, maybe its cos you know whats coming up, but as you day eaiser, but harded all at the same time. Starting to weirdly like it!

I'm in! I'll start tomorrow. Got about 20 days in a while back, then went on holls, fell off the wagon, and have since put on about 5lbs. Will take measurements etc & cross fingers!

Good luck everyone x

Back