30 day shred??

OK, so I ordered the DVD - in fact I ordered the box set!! Wouldn't you know it, the day it arrived, I went down with flu - have been feeling horrendous for the last 7-10 days and still coughing like I've been down a coal mine all my life. It is still sitting on my shelf making me feel guilty every time I walk past, but at the moment I can't even walk a mile without seemingly trying to turn my lungs inside out with coughing!

Cassie - take it easy - it's a TOUGH programme so you need to be in full fettle when you take it on! When your lungs feel like your own again then go for it :D It's not going anywhere in the meantime - be well soon :bighug:

newgirl - it sounds like you are doing lots of cardio already, but not a lot of strength training (unless you are lifting at the gym?) in which case it would be ideal to start introducing some toning into your programme. That way when the fat goes there's a nice toned body underneath waiting to be shown off ;) Perhaps cut back a bit on the cardio though as 30DS is pretty intense and you might find yourself very lethargic unless you are eating back some of your exercise calories.

I think this is a "suck and see" jobbie for you :)

Cassie - take it easy - it's a TOUGH programme so you need to be in full fettle when you take it on! When your lungs feel like your own again then go for it :D It's not going anywhere in the meantime - be well soon :bighug:

newgirl - it sounds like you are doing lots of cardio already, but not a lot of strength training (unless you are lifting at the gym?) in which case it would be ideal to start introducing some toning into your programme. That way when the fat goes there's a nice toned body underneath waiting to be shown off ;) Perhaps cut back a bit on the cardio though as 30DS is pretty intense and you might find yourself very lethargic unless you are eating back some of your exercise calories.

I think this is a "suck and see" jobbie for you :)
Aw thanks for the advice. Well i did day 1 last night and i think i'm gonna carry on today and do level 2! No i'm not lifting at the gym, jsut cardio, so maybe it might be a good thing as i REALLY want to wear a bikini in 8 weeks time! My only problem is i get disheartened if im putting loads of effort in and not seeing a difference on the scales!

Aw thanks for the advice. Well i did day 1 last night and i think i'm gonna carry on today and do level 2! No i'm not lifting at the gym, jsut cardio, so maybe it might be a good thing as i REALLY want to wear a bikini in 8 weeks time! My only problem is i get disheartened if im putting loads of effort in and not seeing a difference on the scales!

Level 2 is A LOT tougher than Level 1 so unless you are finding Level 1 a total doddle I would stick with it for at least a few days before moving up. I did Level 1 for 5 days then moved on early as I was finding it too easy by then. You know your body though, so if you feel Level 1 is just too easy then go for it and move on up :)

Unless you are VERY overweight (and you aren't judging by your stats) be warned that you may not lose very much at all weight-wise doing the shred. The claim that you can lose 20lbs in 30 days relates to grossly obese people (like those on the Biggest Loser programmes) not for those of us who are just marginally overweight. I did the shred religiously for the 30 days (well 34 days actually as I had a rest day once a week!) and only lost 5.5lbs on the scales in that time..... and indeed in the first 2 weeks I actually gained (water) weight :eek: HOWEVER, I did lose 12.5 inches off my body overall and dropped a entire dress size in that time so I was more than happy with the results.

My own journey is not just about losing weight but making my body stronger, leaner, and more attractive to look at butt naked so I was very pleased with the results. If yours however is simply to see the scales go down as quickly as possible then the shred may not be for you.

Either way - good luck with your journey and come along here for support if you feel you need some - always lots of us here to crack the whip or rub aching muscles ;)

Level 2 is A LOT tougher than Level 1 so unless you are finding Level 1 a total doddle I would stick with it for at least a few days before moving up. I did Level 1 for 5 days then moved on early as I was finding it too easy by then. You know your body though, so if you feel Level 1 is just too easy then go for it and move on up :)

Unless you are VERY overweight (and you aren't judging by your stats) be warned that you may not lose very much at all weight-wise doing the shred. The claim that you can lose 20lbs in 30 days relates to grossly obese people (like those on the Biggest Loser programmes) not for those of us who are just marginally overweight. I did the shred religiously for the 30 days (well 34 days actually as I had a rest day once a week!) and only lost 5.5lbs on the scales in that time..... and indeed in the first 2 weeks I actually gained (water) weight :eek: HOWEVER, I did lose 12.5 inches off my body overall and dropped a entire dress size in that time so I was more than happy with the results.

My own journey is not just about losing weight but making my body stronger, leaner, and more attractive to look at butt naked so I was very pleased with the results. If yours however is simply to see the scales go down as quickly as possible then the shred may not be for you.

Either way - good luck with your journey and come along here for support if you feel you need some - always lots of us here to crack the whip or rub aching muscles ;)
I've just completed day 2 and damn it was way harder than yesterday lol! I think i'm defo going to be sticking to level 1 for 10 days....my muscles were burning from doing it yesterday i think so i found it more tough!

I guess your right, i would rather look better than what the scales say. I'd love to drop a dress size like you in 30 days. Gonna give it a go for a week and see how i feel after that!
Infact i need to take my measurements!

OMG that was hard, just completed day one and my legs are like jelly and I think I may actually die lol x
But hey 1 down 29 to go which is good as my holiday is in 33 days yea

OMG that was hard, just completed day one and my legs are like jelly and I think I may actually die lol x
But hey 1 down 29 to go which is good as my holiday is in 33 days yea

Well done Claire - the first 2 or 3 days are the hardest by far....... onwards and upwards. Don't forget to take your measurements! Oh, and if it REALLY hurts then take a day off - no sense in injuring yourself and having to start over!

Omg are u supposed to ache this much the day after?

I have heard folks say they can't sit on the loo after the first day because their quads ache so much! I started the shred already fairly well toned in the lower half of my body from all the walking and jogging, but my arms and shoulders burned for 3 days before it settled down - in fact I struggled to pick up a large latte cup the day after the first session :eek:

Stick with it, it will get better I promise! However, if it's really agonising always take a rest day. It actually took me 36 days to do the 30 days shred as I took one rest day a week just to let things settle down and recover and always felt better for it.

Excellent :D

Does this DVD require a lot of room to do?

I really want to try it out however I live in a small ex-council house at the moment and I can't move furniture or anything to make room since it's not my house lol so a bit worried about about space - I've already managed to smash a very expensive antique clock off the mantlepiece during a vigorous session of one of Davina's DVDs lol

I have heard folks say they can't sit on the loo after the first day because their quads ache so much! I started the shred already fairly well toned in the lower half of my body from all the walking and jogging, but my arms and shoulders burned for 3 days before it settled down - in fact I struggled to pick up a large latte cup the day after the first session :eek:

Stick with it, it will get better I promise! However, if it's really agonising always take a rest day. It actually took me 36 days to do the 30 days shred as I took one rest day a week just to let things settle down and recover and always felt better for it.

Yep, I was one of those loo people, oh the pain in the front of my poor thighs, the stairs were a killer too, I've just completed day 8 level 1, I started off with weights of 2kg in total but today i did level 1 with weights of 7 kg in total, i'm hoping that it will shred me quicker although when I start level 2, I will drop back to the 2kg weights. I gained 14oz on the scales though but like you Annya, I'm all about getting rid of the flab and losing inches so it's not disheartening me 'cause I feel quiet elated when I finish each shred. I also take a rest day, it's definitely needed.

I was thinking of staying on level 1 at the heavier weights, what do you think??

Yep, I was one of those loo people, oh the pain in the front of my poor thighs, the stairs were a killer too, I've just completed day 8 level 1, I started off with weights of 2kg in total but today i did level 1 with weights of 7 kg in total, i'm hoping that it will shred me quicker although when I start level 2, I will drop back to the 2kg weights. I gained 14oz on the scales though but like you Annya, I'm all about getting rid of the flab and losing inches so it's not disheartening me 'cause I feel quiet elated when I finish each shred. I also take a rest day, it's definitely needed.

I was thinking of staying on level 1 at the heavier weights, what do you think??

I stayed on 2.2kg weights right the way through all the levels & was happy with that, but if you feel you can manage more then all power to you. Don't be worried about getting big muscles - it'll take A LOT more than 7kg for that to happen!

Well done and enjoy your shredding :D

Back