30 day shred??

I have been tempted to buy insanity beach body 60day, has anybody tried?

No. Too high impact for my multiple surgery knees I'm afraid :eek:

Rested yesterday so it was Day 10 for me today, I can now do a full set of the press ups and I do the second set on my knees, the abs, and cardio don't bug me at all but I'm still finding the squats and lunges difficult (had an operation on my left knee 4 years ago) but I'm going to stick at level 1 until I have mastered 2 full sets of the press ups not on my knees, that will be some achievement

I know I said i'd stay on level 1 but i just wanted to see how i went with Level 2...........needless to say I'm back to level 1 tomorrow lol

Yes, Level 2 is a bit of a step up! I actually think Level 2 is harder than Level 3 in many places, so I use Level 2 as my maintainence 2-3 times a week with an odd Level 3 thrown in when I want pike crunches and plank rows with leg raises (I LOVE that move - I must be MAD!).

Try Level 2 with very light weights for a couple of days - those chair squat/V raises are a KILLER :eek:

Yes, Level 2 is a bit of a step up! I actually think Level 2 is harder than Level 3 in many places, so I use Level 2 as my maintainence 2-3 times a week with an odd Level 3 thrown in when I want pike crunches and plank rows with leg raises (I LOVE that move - I must be MAD!).

Try Level 2 with very light weights for a couple of days - those chair squat/V raises are a KILLER :eek:

I did day 12 at Level 1 today, much better and I get a better workout than doing Level 2 because I am doing the moves correctly. I think if I did Level 2 now even with lower weights, I'd give up altogether and I think it's better to be doing some level than no level at all. I've done alot of Tae Bo in the past and like you I've found Level 3 of Tae Bo easier than Level 2 maybe I'll try Level 3 of the shred to see what it's like

Last edited:
I agree - properly is better than not at all :D

I can't do any of the plyometric (high impact) moves as I have had multiple surgeries on my right knee so I do the easier moves on these - which, believe me, are still challenging enough for a 53 year old who is still a stone overweight :eek:

Perhaps have a go at Level 3 and see what you think -and go back to Level 2 afterwards.... do it "ass about face"!

I agree - properly is better than not at all :D

I can't do any of the plyometric (high impact) moves as I have had multiple surgeries on my right knee so I do the easier moves on these - which, believe me, are still challenging enough for a 53 year old who is still a stone overweight :eek:

Perhaps have a go at Level 3 and see what you think -and go back to Level 2 afterwards.... do it "ass about face"!

Ass about face it is then :D. I'll let you know how I get on

MrsWilsoncroft said:
Anyone fancy doing the 30 dy shred challenge starting on 1st sept?x

I'd be up for that, after a few weeks off plan I need to get back on track so will be starting on 1st September :) can't wait to shift some of this weight and start seeing the scales going down

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I would like to but I'm very scared of the 30 day shred! I don't have the DVD but have heard u can get it on you tube? I have you tube app on my tv!

I bought the Shred wooooo waiting on it arriving planning to start Saturday, bit nervous and excited, hope I can do it!!!

Back