30 day shred!

LadyJo

Silver Member
Well the DVD has arrived!!! Do I need any extra equipment to do it??? I.e any weights??

Just hand weights and exercise mat or exercise on carpet. Its a tough one.. But it does deliver... ; )) good luck! Xx

Lj!!! I actually started the bloody thing this eve after putting it off for a week!

They use hand weights and a mat. I don't bother with a mat just carpet. I used to use cans of beans for weights but have got some 2lb Pilates hand weights now.

Good luck!

I'm on day 8, but tried level 2 tonight... Wow!! Keeping at it though!

Running a hot bath right now as I ache lol

Oh well done!! When does level one get easier!? I find the strength bits sooo hard, the cardio is a breeze in comparison!

I found it got easier day 5ish! It's amazing how much fitter you get and so quickly too. 8 days ago I nearly died doing level 1! Lol x

I love shredding :) best DVD I have ever done lol .... In fact I have bought some of her others :)
I do a class once a week too ... Which is very like Julian michaels stuff x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've seen in YouTube her 'Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism' routine. I think it's about 45 - 1 hour long but does look good. I might try and do that twice a week too. And anything which banishes fat and boosts my metabolism is appreciated :) xx

I have so many fitness DVDs I dont know which to try! I have this one too, which I have done all the way through once before.

I've seen in YouTube her 'Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism' routine. I think it's about 45 - 1 hour long but does look good. I might try and do that twice a week too. And anything which banishes fat and boosts my metabolism is appreciated :) xx

Yep I have that one ... It's a bloody toughy tho x

linski24 said:
Yep I have that one ... It's a bloody toughy tho x

Does it make you want to slap gillian and throw the DVD frisby style from a very high window!!??? ; ))) xx

they often put jillians dvds on sky fitness channel so good as a trial and freeby. even better if you can record and store. they have also put some of bobs dvds on which ive yet to try x

Hahaha I have been proper giggling reading all the comments! The DVD is still in the cellophane as I have been so busy today!! Was considering doing it later on tonight! But you are all scaring me! How long are the workouts??

LadyJo said:
Hahaha I have been proper giggling reading all the comments! The DVD is still in the cellophane as I have been so busy today!! Was considering doing it later on tonight! But you are all scaring me! How long are the workouts??

That's the joy of it .... They are approx 20 minutes, but there is no resting!!!!
I think that's why it's the one DVD I have not put in the cupboard to gather dust with the all the other impulse buy celebrity fitness rubbish I've wasted money on before. She gets straight on with working you. It's not clapping and side stepping about. .it will seem like a long 20 minutes but if you do it properly and work up to all the reps you will get results!
Go on.. Unwrap the cellophane... I dare you... ; ))

That's the joy of it .... They are approx 20 minutes, but there is no resting!!!!
I think that's why it's the one DVD I have not put in the cupboard to gather dust with the all the other impulse buy celebrity fitness rubbish I've wasted money on before. She gets straight on with working you. It's not clapping and side stepping about. .it will seem like a long 20 minutes but if you do it properly and work up to all the reps you will get results!
Go on.. Unwrap the cellophane... I dare you... ; ))

Agreed :)
It's not aerobics etc .. It's a blooming good workout :)

Thanks all, well I got out my tins of beans, dusted off the exercise mat and tore off the cellophane and even put it in the DVD player! I did level 1 and it was hard. Very intense but wow cant moan all that in 20mins well worth it!! How exactly do I do it then? Is it 10 days of each level?? Thanks all!!! Had a nice cool shower after and a hot chocolate!! X

Thanks all, well I got out my tins of beans, dusted off the exercise mat and tore off the cellophane and even put it in the DVD player! I did level 1 and it was hard. Very intense but wow cant moan all that in 20mins well worth it!! How exactly do I do it then? Is it 10 days of each level?? Thanks all!!! Had a nice cool shower after and a hot chocolate!! X

Wooooohooooo well done :-D
You'll lose about 200 cals too :)

This thread has made me sad. I love to hate and hate to love the shred. My last stint I got to level 2 at about 17 days when I stopped. It's good! But it will affect your weight loss ie what the scales say because as u lose fat u gain muscle. It will make u leaner and u r still losing fat!

Back