• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

31 Days in May Challenge

Cobweb

Hey all, I was looking for a new challenge to get stuck into as the May Day challenge is almost over, and I thought I would steal the name from a very old Radio One annual competition where they gave away amazing prizes each day in May.

Instead of giving things away I thought perhaps we could do something different and new each day in May? I would like the challenges to help give us a healthy mind and body, to help keep us on track and motivated throughout May.

May 1st - Save £'s as you lose lbs, buy or find yourself a piggy bank
May 2nd - Find your local park and take family or friends for a walk
May 3rd - List 10 things you love about SW and 10 things that you wouldn't be able to do without it
May 4th - Make a playlist for your mp3 player or a CD of ten songs that make you want to shake your booty
May 5th - Compliment at least 5 different people today on their appearance

Some ideas I had were:
  • Drink nothing but water today, and make sure you drink at least 8 glasses.
  • Compliment at least 5 different people today on their appearance
  • Use at least 1 Free/Superfree food that you have never tasted before in a meal you will be eating today
  • List 10 things you love about SW and 10 things that you wouldn't be able to do without it
  • Get off the bus a stop earlier, or if you drive, park in the furthest space from the shop you want! (thx eilidhsmummy)
  • Dance around your living for half hour (thx tinkerbellsmum)
  • Using the stairs instead of lifts (thx chubbyemma)
  • Find your local park and take family or friends for a walk (thx Kizzib)
  • Save £'s as you lose lbs, buy or find yourself a piggy bank (thx Kizzib)
  • Drink 5 cups of Green Tea (thx Kizzib)
  • Do the housework you've been putting off (thx Kizzib)
  • Try a recipe you have never attempted before (thx Eternalflame)
  • Work up a sweat with three work outs (ths Eternalflame)
  • How about writing something positive about yourself in regards to weight loss and stick it on your fridge (thx miss_williams)
  • Make a playlist for your mp3 player or a CD of ten songs that make you want to shake your booty

Although I would like us to make a target and track the weight losses over the period perhaps we can do so in our signatures and keep this thread to do a daily update of how we get on with the day's task.

Would anyone else care to join me or am I just talking nonsense?

**hugs**
Cobweb xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:
i'm up for a challenge, love the ideas so far!

how about getting off the bus a stop earlier every day for 1 week? or if you drive, park in the furthest space from the shop you want!

Cobweb

Oh nice Idea I shall add it to the opening post, then once the challenge starts I'll randomly pick a new one each day :) More ideas very welcomed

Mrs V

Loves Life!
I think this is a great idea and I would definitely join in!

Some really good ideas there. Will have to think of some to add....

great idea.

hows about using stairs instead of lifts at work or shopping etc.

I'll sign up for this!

How about go for a nice family walk in the park?
put money in a piggy bank and spend it on yourself at the end of the month? eg 50p for 1/2 lb lost, £1 for each pound...I do this!
drink 5 cups of green tea a day (it works!)
do your housework (stops you from being lazy! get the hoover out!)

Thx for those Eternalflame, I have adapted them to be daily challenges, although wasn't sure about the swimming as not all of us are confident enough to squish our excess pounds into a swimsuit :(

1st of May Challenge

Okay I won't have access to a computer until tomorrow evening so I am going to post the first challenge which is **drumrolls**

Save £'s as you lose lbs, buy or find yourself a piggy bank!

When you find your piggy bank you can put it in a place that you'll see it everyday and then deposit 50 pence for every half a pound you lose. Save up for a treat you when you hit target... and No you cannot remove money when you have a gain :p

Good luck people :)

Cobweb xx

Wow, this is a fab idea Cobweb - I will definitely sign up for this! :)

I have a piggy bank somewhere in a box upstairs gathering dust (actually I think it's a "Finding Nemo" fish bank lol) so I will be on track with challenge number one tomorrow!

xxx

I love the idea! Completely joining in! I'm out to buy a piggy bank tomorrow! :)

How about writing something positive about yourself in regards to weight loss and stick it on your fridge.
How many lbs/stones you have lost?
How many dress sizes you have dropped?

Cobweb

Nice idea miss_williams, added it to the list :)

I bought my Piggy today it has an awesome union jack theme to it I uploaded a pic to my blog :)

Have updated the post with tomorrow's challenge:

May 2nd -Find your local park and take family or friends for a walk

... and pray it won't rain... :flirt2: