365 Days...freestyle

Freestyle

So it begins, another epic journey of weight loss awaits. No more spending hours in the kitchen, no more spending hours trawling the food aisles of Tescos. From here on in it’s just me and the powdery stuff (with the occasional bar).

A couple of years living under mum’s roof eating her fantastic home cooked meals and indulging in the lovely chocolate cakes has definitely taken its toll on me. With a belly to rival Winnie the Poo…weighing in at a little over 94kgs standing 5ft 6 tall…in the blue corner we have the undisputed...undefeated…(I used to watch too much WWF as a kid!).

So it’s the start of the next chapter in my life, having turned 30 a few weeks ago I have finally taken the plunge and have just this week moved into a one bedroom flat on my own. Finding it the opportune moment to start Slim ‘n Save I have refused to stock the fridge with nothing but bottled water. My cupboards are empty and I’m beginning to actually believe that I’m living the high life like Usher…only he only has “cool aid” in his fridge and the fame…the fast cars…the musical talent…not to forget the amount of ladies attention (aaah I knew there was another reason for wanting to lose weight!!).

Well you more than welcome to follow my journal and you can even offer words of much needed encouragement as from what I can remember the last time I was on the Rapid W8 VLCD diet 6yrs ago I struggled the first week.

My 28day S&S packs arrived today along with a lovely surprise…an early Christmas gift, their mulled wine powder. Thank you very much S&S, it should go down a treat on the days I’m wishing for something warm and alcoholic. So officially I start tomorrow…stay tuned.

Wow it’s cold out there! Just got in from work and need to defrost and get warm. Last night on normal food and I’ve got Chinese spare ribs. Thought I would treat myself seeing as I won’t be touching them till the new year. Tried on my tux last night for my work xmas party (in two weeks’ time) and have to definitely lose weight. It was really tight so I’m hoping it’ll be slightly more comfortable by then or else I may have to give the dance floor a rest this year. Last year I wore my tux with a silver cummerbund which just scrunched into a thin belt under the weight of my belly. Of course I was conscious of it early evening but luckily I always seem to lose all sense of worrying about what other people think about me as the night goes on. By my fifth pint I was moon walking on the dance floor.

This year I’ll have to wear a waistcoat instead which should prevent the eyesore from last year…Or was that my Chubby Checker twisting??…”Come on everybody…clap your hands… Oooh you looking good…I’m gonna sing my song…It won’t take long…we gonna do the twist and it goes like this!!!”. Yeah I’m already looking forward to it!

What I’m not looking forward to is the hunger pangs/headaches I’m going to get in the next 3-5 days. I know it gets better as your body adjusts and yet I still have this strong feeling as if I’m standing in a coliseum about to face two tigers armed with nothing but a toothpick (…why didn’t I buy toothpicks on the way home from work!!!).

Lol. Good luck and just think how fab your tux will look. You'll be so slinky you may even have some new dance moves

Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Thank you Louise24, Hamish’s Mum and Skinny Girl for your well wishes, I really appreciate it.

Experienced my first of many hunger headaches to come around 3pm and my excitement was UNREAL. Yes you read that right…seriously it was like I got my first tooth (no I can’t remember that far back so stop thinking if that’s possible!) but you get my point. The diet has started to work…no looking back now!

I know this is lame but have to share it with you all…I just Google’d (for clarification that’s the lame bit) a fact that a colleague sent me today to check if it’s true:

“In 1924, a monkey was tried and convicted for smoking a cigarette in South Bend, Indiana.”

Seriously…it’s true story…in Indiana!

Hey!!! maybe the monkey in “The Hangover 2” is a descendant of that monkey??...#justsayingitcouldbetrue.com

Here’s my menu for the day:

9am – Oatmeal Pack (Tasted delicious and was surprised by how sweet they are)
12:30pm – Dark Chocolate Coconut bar (deliciously doughy like substance)
3pm – Caramel Shake (Sweet and amazingly delicious, texture was nice and slightly thick)
5pm – Chocolate Shake (used hot water and it made a nice hot chocolate)
8pm - Cottage Pie (not bad)

Was difficult declining the usual Friday night work drinks. FFWD 6hrs and I’m sat here on my couch typing this post instead of with my colleagues belting out the classic “Bon Jovi – Living on a Prayer” and without a karaoke…the sacrifices we have to make to look good *sigh*.

Well I’ve downloaded the final Bourne movie from iTunes so I’m logging off …wish I had hot popcorn and a can of diet coke right about now! Sleep well minimins x

I quite like the cottage pie, if you can get over the fact it looks like cat vomit :)

I gave into temptation too soon and have had a "false start"...I prefer to call it a "warm up" round or "exercise stretch"...I'm pulling out all excuses for my bad behaviour over the weekend and should instead be really guilty and pissed off with myself!

I went to spend Saturday night at my folks and broke my diet till now...Monday morning.

All it took was my mum saying "Start your diet on Monday, how could you start on a Friday? If I was doing it I wouldn't start until after Xmas. It's foolish to start it now....Do you want a dip with your favourite crisps?"

That's all it took and I caved.

Now normally I would be gutted for doing that to myself. I would be despondent, depressed, negative and would have likely taken my mothers' advice and stopped. I wouldn't have entertained the thought about coming back to Minimins for fear of being ridiculed.

BUT instead I'm accepting that I messed up and I'm pushing on...

NAPOLEON HILL
"Before success comes in any man's life he is sure to meet with much temporary defeat and, perhaps, some failures. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and most logical thing to do is to quit. That is exactly what the majority of men do."

ROGER CRAWFORD
"Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional."

Imagine if your parents gave up on you when you took your first step as a baby and fell...

In life there's so many things we fail in our first attempt and because we don't give up right there and press on we eventually triumph. So I know I will lose weight...it's just a matter of time.

Bananas and AdrianR, thanks for your well wishes.

Hamish's Mum, totally agree with you on how the Cottage Pie looks when it's ready to be eaten. Have you tried the Mild Curry yet? I'm having that for dinner tonight.

Great post just keep going you can do it

Having the day off work and enjoying it. Been out to the shops looking for a living room carpet...no luck yet. Also just finished watching a movie called "Seeking a Friend for the end of the World". Definitely putting my lovefilm subscription to good use.

Got me thinking about the Mayan calendar and the prediction of the end of time on the 21st. I personally believe the person doing the calendar back in time got bored and decided to stop writing when they reached 21/12/12... But then each to their own beliefs...OMG I only got like 11 days left to loose my flab!!! Lol...jk that in all honesty would probably be the last on my list of concerns * ...(*resisting temptation to go off on a tangent!)

Finding water intake slow, think it's easier when I'm at my desk at work. Looking forward to my next shake.

Freestyle shuffles slowly and guiltily in through the door, looking down, kicking dirt up from the ground as he makes his way towards the front and towards the microphone. Pausing hesitantly in front of it, he clears his throat, looks down at the ground once more, takes a deep breath and then slowly starts to speak.

"I, er.."

His quiet voice hardly breaks the silence.

"... I am... well, I suppose that I'm..."

"ARE YOU SORRY, FREESTYLE?", shouts someone from the listening booth.

Freestyle looks up, his face wreathed in gratitude for the assistance. "Yes! That's right. I'm sorry. I've been, erm..."

And with that, his address falters yet again.

Okay, hardly Harold Pinter is it, but you get the idea. I've been - well how shall we say? - absent without leave might be the best term. Anyway, I shall not bore you with any excuses. I overindulged in the festive period and am ready both physically and mentally to conquer this journey.

So day 1 (…dejavu!) and 1l of water down already. Feels good starting today especially with everyone back in the office also starting their own healthy living…which happens to be on their New Year resolutions list.

Last edited:
Breakfast - Sweet Porridge Pack (Wow these are really sweet)
Lunch - Dark coconut chocolate bar
3pm - Strawberry Shake Pack (Delicious - Just like a proper strawberry shake)
7pm - Curry Pack (I dont have a microwave yet, so had to have it after mixing with boiling water from kettle. Tastes okay, hoping it gets better once I get my microwave)
7pm - 500ml mulled wine - am sipping on it as i'm typing and it's divine. Definitely helping with the curry after taste.

That's me done for the day. Managed 3 litres of water at work, anything now is a bonus.

Enjoy your evening people and stay strong.

Freestyle shuffles slowly and guiltily in through the door, looking down, kicking dirt up from the ground as he makes his way towards the front and towards the microphone. Pausing hesitantly in front of it, he clears his throat, looks down at the ground once more, takes a deep breath and then slowly starts to speak.

"I, er.."

His quiet voice hardly breaks the silence.

"... I am... well, I suppose that I'm..."

"ARE YOU SORRY, FREESTYLE?", shouts someone from the listening booth.

Freestyle looks up, his face wreathed in gratitude for the assistance. "Yes! That's right. I'm sorry. I've been, erm..."

And with that, his address falters yet again.

Okay, hardly Harold Pinter is it, but you get the idea. I've been - well how shall we say? - absent without leave might be the best term. Anyway, I shall not bore you with any excuses. I overindulged in the festive period and am ready both physically and mentally to conquer this journey.

So day 1 (...dejavu!) and 1l of water down already. Feels good starting today especially with everyone back in the office also starting their own healthy living...which happens to be on their New Year resolutions list.

Welcome back don't worry I aspect 98% of us derailed over Xmas! Myself included! How u doing today?

Hi WillPowerWoman, thanks for your kind words. I’m not doing too good today. I’m tired and struggling with the water intake plus I’ve got a slight hunger headache. Going to have a shake at 2pm so hopefully that will kill the headache.

Does anyone know if taking neurofen for the hunger headaches is a good idea or a bad idea?

Hi WillPowerWoman, thanks for your kind words. I'm not doing too good today. I'm tired and struggling with the water intake plus I've got a slight hunger headache. Going to have a shake at 2pm so hopefully that will kill the headache.

Does anyone know if taking neurofen for the hunger headaches is a good idea or a bad idea?

Sorry to hear that hun. I took paracetemol practically every 4 hours day 3 and I still live to tell the tale. Don't know about neurone tho. I would have thought I'd would be fine tho.

Sorry to hear that hun. I took paracetemol practically every 4 hours day 3 and I still live to tell the tale. Don't know about neurone tho. I would have thought I'd would be fine tho.

It eased up after my shake at 2pm. I'll see how today goes, I might need it. Thanks again for your support.

Day 3 today, feeling good and still motivated. I will admit that temptation to stray was huge on my journey home from work yesterday. It wore off after I got indoors and had my chilli pack and mulled wine.

Back