3rd weigh in STILL disappointed :(

Size8Rehab

Still not much better. only 3lb. I'm not cheating and had the shakes. I'm not happy. Tested myself and i'm defo in ketosis, the stick was quite a dark red/mauve colour. I know its a stone i've lost. But surely i'd have lost a stone in 3wks on a normal diet, on lipotrim an extremely low cal (and i'm walking 3miles minimum every morning, some days 6miles). Surely this loss should be more?

wk 1: -9lbs
wk2: -2lbs
wk3: -3lbs

A stone on a 'normal' diet takes me 6-7 weeks, and I'm a GOOD dieter Rehab!

I think you're doing brilliantly. My pharmacist told me to expect a stone a month - any more than that is a bonus. Bet you lose loads next week anyway. Don't be hard on yourself. :)

Also - are you drinking enough water? Although the stick should show you to be in ketosis, if it's VERY dark, it means it's more concentrated than it should be which indicates not enough water to me. Try drinking a little more - I bet it'll shift the weight. I'm expecting a big first week loss, but then only 3lbs a week after that.

Think about it mathematically - you need a calorie deficit of 3500 for every lb of fat. So if we're on 450cals a day, we have a daily deficit of about 1550 cals. That's a weekly deficit of 10850 cals. 10850/3500 = 3.1 so we should all ONLY be losing 3.1lbs of fat in reality!

Generally speaking, the heavier someone is, the more calories their body uses just to keep them moving round (it's the equivalent of a thin person carrying a heavy rucksack) and so their calorie deficit will be larger, and weight loss will be more. The fact that your BMI is very nearly 'normal' (congrats!) means you're probably using the typical 2000 cals a day, so 3lbs a week is bang on.

I agree with Waterworks, as 'normal' diet would take much longer to shift a stone. When I tried WW and counted calories, I was generally eating about 1200 cals a day. That's a daily deficit of only 800cals, which lends itself to losing only 1.6lbs a week!

hey you guys, thanx for that info! I have been doing some mental arithematic (and drivin my family mad asking - how many metres in a mile... how many pounds in a kg...... how many minutes in a day lol!).... no seriously i've had a think about what you both have said - hope you both read this and can give me further thoughts....
Firstly: water intake - 2 litres minimum. I've been using one vanilla packet per day and making hot tea/coffee throughout the day. I usually drink 8 cups per day. Am I right thinking 8 cups is 2 litres? I am going to add on a litre of water for next week. And second question on the water intake: is the 2 litres to include your shakes or the 8oz/1 cup you should drink with the shakes etc to the 2 litres? (if its extra that may explain a lot and as one of you said, my stick was very dark).
Calories: Wow i'm becoming a walking brainbox on this! I had a think about what you said and came to the following logical thinking (pls hope you read to the end, bear with me its bit longwinded sorry)........
1lb of fat = 3500cals. So to lose even 1lb per week conventionally you would have to burn 500 cals per day.
I thought right - i want at least an extra pound on my weigh ins to be lost so i'll adapt this info along with doing lipotrim. Obviously i cant do anything about the cals i'm ingesting so i figured right additional exercise, walking further.
Invested in a pedometer:- To lose the extra 500 per day, depends on the persons weight. I listened to what Lincs said and so researched approx weights and how many steps each weight would need to walk each day to burn 500. If anyone is interested i can post this as a new thread.
Steps:- i calculated it into steps (one step being the 60cm) primarily as i could split it throughout the day and it would be more accurate to keep track of than mileage (for anyone interested you can convert your steps into miles, hence quizzing how many metres in a mile)....
eg. 70kg, to lose 500 in a day hence 1lb/wk, steps = 12,835. (metres: 12835 x 60 = 7700m, metres -> miles, 7700/1624 = 4.75Miles per day).
So i've got my pedometer if i want to double check steps, or do just under 5miles each day. And i'm hoping all of that will burn a measley extra 1 pound per week. As i want to be losing at least 4 lbs a pop!
Am i really being too hard on myself? I honestly thought i would lose 2/3lbs a week on a "normal" diet, hence expecting more on lipotrim. I will be looking at the water issue more closely too.
I've always been approx 9st but worked flippin hard to be around that weight, half stone either side. Running/army training/scuba diving. The reason i went on lipotrim and shot up to 12.2st was i broke my leg badly this year. I really want my fitness back, my figure back, my confidence back. Perhaps i'm being impatient but i feel so deflated. I'm so pleased for all of you having great results, i just feel very left behind even amongst the lipo group now :( I know Rome wasnt built in a day but it wasnt built in my lifetime either!!x

Gosh!!! You are on stats overload!! You did not put on weight in a flash and please don not expect to lose it in a flash either. You will average at a stone a month. No diet other than TFR will give you this as a result. Drink at least two litres of water a day in addition to your shakes and tea/coffee. The handiest way is to keep bottles all around you and keep sipping as you go through the day. It is a great habit to acquire. Relax and enjoy the fat melting away, stressing about it wn't make you lose any faster. You are doing brilliantly.

If you're on a non VLCD like WW or SW there's no way you'd lose a stone in 3 weeks you'd be doing well to lose half a stone in that time x

i totally agree starlight. size8rehab 1 stone is a great loss and would have taken longer give yourself some time to lose the weight and you will get there x x x

also bear in mind that you only have a small about of weight to lose, if you had 3-4 stone to lose, it would come off more quickly, but as you only have a little bit to lose, it is a little slower, but still amazingly quick compared to SW or WW.

I was in sw from november to march, and lost a grand total of 12 lbs... 5 months - 12 lbs!

then after my birthday and my mum having a stroke, I put 6lbs back on.

I started LT at 11st 13lbs, and in 3 weeks I have gone to 11st 2lbs, thats only 11 lbs, thats less than you, and beleive me, I am bloomin well delighted at the loss!

but please, dont copy auntie msblonde here and lose 2.5 st and put it all back on again, which is what I did the first time round! take the losses as they come now, and save the maths and stats to help you work out how to keep the weight off long term. in the great scheme of things, how much you lose within what time, is comepletely redundant, unless you can keep it off.

yo yo dieting is far more damaging to your body than being over weight. LT will get it off, you just have to work hard on keeping it off.

i was gonna say similar to msblonde... you aint that much overweight to start with so your numbers are gonna belower than those of us who are bigger.... just look at your percentage... looks fine to me hun...

Back